• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy * ๐’ฏ๐ป๐ธ ๐’ฒ๐ผ๐’ž๐’ฆ๐ธ๐’Ÿ ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ: ๐˜–๐˜–๐˜Š *

Main
Here
i like the idea i have for my demon which is like he runs the saloon/brothel where everyone human and non human frequent. i kinda want him to be like switzerland but also have his own personal agenda of like idk creating an apocalypse or something my brain isnt braining at the moment lol

connorrr i was thinking of this exact dynamic of like. undead on the leash of a powerful someone ... i would sooo do the witch/warlock if ur down
yesssssโ€ฆ..I love this!! such an interesting dynamic.

I am thinking of joining the fray with a blood warlock that uses his powers to vanquish in the name of revenge. Still workshopping though, so that's subject to change. One theme I do want to play around with is coming back from your lowest point, trying to claw your way out of the hole you've made for yourself. TBH, he might not make it. But he's at a point where, if he doesn't let go of the past, it will consume him and everyone he knows.

i like the idea i have for my demon which is like he runs the saloon/brothel where everyone human and non human frequent. i kinda want him to be like switzerland but also have his own personal agenda of like idk creating an apocalypse or something my brain isnt braining at the moment lol
i was thinking of a brothel gal who also has a 'creature of the night special' in which she allows the local vamps to drink her blood, maybe she could be one of his employees!

....and occasionally try to persuade him against ending the world ๐Ÿ˜…

ACTUALLY, question noxrequiem noxrequiem if you may! when a supernatural being is brought back from the dead can they become a hybrid of a zombie and something else? like a zombie/vampire??
Unfortunately I'm gonna have to say no to a zombie/vampire hybrid given that lore-wise, such a thing isn't really feasible (zombies only come from resurrected corpses, vampires are turned from the living)

edit: or maybe a deputy of lone cross who recently died and came back and is trying to keep his undead status a secret?? or even turned into a vampire??
gotta say I am lowkey obsessed with this idea it's *chef's kiss* and also provides some juicy plotting opportunites with one of my characters

me at the gates of the locked cs thread
Eric Andre GIF

Love love LOVE Delta Rae and that makes me so excited you do too! Their music is a vibe for sure, and I listened to them a lot while working on creating this story

"Vampire Arthur Morgan" sounds like a great character concept; I feel like you don't typically see rough and tumble vampire types a whole lot in fiction. There's definitely a trend towards seeing them be written as the more posh and reserved types so we love to see it
The first time I heard "Bottom of the River," I was like: "Well, I'm done, this is amazing." Other artists that hit up the country/midwestern/southern gothic niche for me are Agnes Obel, Brothers Bright, Devil Makes Three, Goodnight Texas, Poor Man's Poison, Vandaveer, and Coyote Kids. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come off the top of my head. Oh and the song "Father Finlee" is amazing. Anyway, I could yap about music all day.

Anyway, I'm glad you like the idea! I think I will change what my character does in Lone Cross, considering the presence of the supernatural is almost normal. Perhaps a lawman of sorts, even if that feels antithetical to the character. Though that sounds fun--playing against type some more. That being said, I have a good foundation as to the the character in general with backstory and the like. I am keeping it vague as to make it line up with the CS. But I couldn't help myself, I did cobble together some art to make sure I totally understand the vibe.

qVpIhQD.gif

The first time I heard "Bottom of the River," I was like: "Well, I'm done, this is amazing." Other artists that hit up the country/midwestern/southern gothic niche for me are Agnes Obel, Brothers Bright, Devil Makes Three, Goodnight Texas, Poor Man's Poison, Vandaveer, and Coyote Kids. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come off the top of my head. Oh and the song "Father Finlee" is amazing. Anyway, I could yap about music all day.

Anyway, I'm glad you like the idea! I think I will change what my character does in Lone Cross, considering the presence of the supernatural is almost normal. Perhaps a lawman of sorts, even if that feels antithetical to the character. Though that sounds fun--playing against type some more. That being said, I have a good foundation as to the the character in general with backstory and the like. I am keeping it vague as to make it line up with the CS. But I couldn't help myself, I did cobble together some art to make sure I totally understand the vibe.

qVpIhQD.gif
DUUUUUUDE THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!! KSJDHFLAKFLDSHKGLSH I'M GOING FERAL
Tumblr_l_78300356266624.gif

Another quick little note I wanted to add for a bit more clarification: magic in this world is neither easy or simple, and it's more of a learned practice than an inherent one (even though some people seem to have more of a natural talent for it than others). People can't just hold out their hand and cast fireball, other elements are needed whether it be through a ritual, drawing out protective runes, crafting a potion, etc (the exception would likely be witches under the influence/dominion of a demonic force however).
Meanwhile, spirit mediums/psychic types can be inherent. This would include things like communing with the dead, seeing ghosts, having premonitions, etc.

Hmm, playing with the idea of assigning accepted characters different tarot cards as cards may or may not play a role in the plot...
much to think about ๐Ÿค”

Well, I slept all day, so I think I can spend the night on this. You made me pull out the Chromebook, so, let's cook.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to say no to a zombie/vampire hybrid given that lore-wise, such a thing isn't really feasible (zombies only come from resurrected corpses, vampires are turned from the living)

gotta say I am lowkey obsessed with this idea it's *chef's kiss* and also provides some juicy plotting opportunites with one of my characters
thatโ€™s no problem, I was more curious as my supernatural knowledge is lacking. so when a corpse is resurrected, regardless of its species, it defaults to a zombie?? so if a witch, or vampire are resurrectedโ€”they no longer have those attributes? sorry for all the questions hehe.

and thanks I like the idea of a more straight-edged deputy who is just trying to keep his town alive with all these different supernatural entities at eachotherโ€™s throats. but then he was killed but brought back from the dead (maybe purely to make him become the one thing he hates that now populate his townโ€”the supernatural). and Iโ€™m sure crime skyrocketed, maybe sprinkle in some parental death at the hands of the supernatural and we are set!

sounds like I might have to make two charactersโ€ฆsighโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜”

thatโ€™s no problem, I was more curious as my supernatural knowledge is lacking. so when a corpse is resurrected, regardless of its species, it defaults to a zombie?? so if a witch, or vampire are resurrectedโ€”they no longer have those attributes? sorry for all the questions hehe.

and thanks I like the idea of a more straight-edged deputy who is just trying to keep his town alive with all these different supernatural entities at eachotherโ€™s throats. but then he was killed but brought back from the dead (maybe purely to make him become the one thing he hates that now populate his townโ€”the supernatural). and Iโ€™m sure crime skyrocketed, maybe sprinkle in some parental death at the hands of the supernatural and we are set!

sounds like I might have to make two charactersโ€ฆsighโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜”
Essentially yes, a being resurrected from the dead through magic is defaulted to zombie. "Witch" technically isn't a separate species, it's really just a term for people who practice magic/are clairvoyant. Although for now I'm going to leave it up to interpretation of whether or not a witch resurrected as a zombie would still be able to perform magic (as I'm open to hearing out people's ideas if they were to go this route with a character). Vampires on the other hand, cannot be resurrected as zombies at all. Vampires are already a type of undead, and are notoriously difficult to kill--but all the means to do so don't even leave a body behind to resurrect in the first place (one way or another, all dead vampires are reduced to ashes).

Parental death at the hands of a supernatural would probably be a good background detail for a character like that, given that I just want to emphasize once again that supernatural entities are uncommon and secretive, so very very few people are aware of them, even in Lone Cross. In fact, some supernatural characters might be unaware that certain other characters are also supernatural as well! But the panic of a character like that now being faced with the fact that they are now themselves supernatural would be equally funny and tragic, and probably be a hell of a lot of fun to write.

Don't feel pressured to make 2 characters though! Go with whatever feels best to you <3

Y'know, I created Damir a long long time ago with no intentions or thoughts of him having a face claim, but thinking about it now Edward Ironstone is a pretty good approximation of him ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I'm thinking of going with a demon that very much leans into the trickster demon variety. The idea would be that he was sent up to corrupt mortals, and such, and he ended up sticking around because he found earth much more interesting than Hell. I'm envisioning him being a snake oil salesman-type character, except instead of taking people's money, he also takes payment in the form of their souls. He'll make deals with anyone from the corrupt to the innocent, and he manipulates things so that they always fall in his favor, no matter what. Don't play cards with him- he always cheats, and somehow has a pair of aces up his sleeve. Very morally grey, but mostly just out to help himself- to him that's the core of being a demon.

Although for now I'm going to leave it up to interpretation of whether or not a witch resurrected as a zombie would still be able to perform magic (as I'm open to hearing out people's ideas if they were to go this route with a character).
Having watched both Bonnie Bennett in TVD and Laura Moon in American Gods, I have so many ideas on this topic. The fight to become whole again and finding your truest strength! Somebody just say go...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say everyone's characters look fabulous. I was curious if we had to assign a tarot card to characters for the character sheets? I am happy to do research if needed, just don't have an idea with a card yet, so i wanted to ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Back