• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Walking Dead; A Different Perspective

So... You're writing my character for me now?

And PMC=Private Military Company from where I'm from. So it is an unofficial militay service.

"He trained hard, learn't how to battle trained fighters" - Learned to fight other trained fighters.

Also, Chrstian's bio.

How did he learn though, who taught him? Himself? Details Galdrael, details.

EDIT: Also, unoffical military service IS a para-military.

RIPSaidCone said:
How did he learn though, who taught him? Himself? Details Galdrael, details.
EDIT: Also, unoffical military service IS a para-military.
But the fact that it is unofficial means it doesn't follow the official guidelines. Someone who was a Merc may receive the same training as a U.S Marine. Because PMC's have no strict training method that is below the standard military.

Not to mention when I wrote that I envisioned he would have been trained by a more experienced Mercenary who acted as a teacher. Your own bio doesn't state Kat's level of training, but I'm not making that argument.

I haven't seen the previous RP. Going off of what I see in this one, Kat was chosen as one of the most stable to go through unofficial training, and passed... Other than that,I don't see much detail. ._.

All of this goes over my head, I'm just too simplistic I suppose. I mean my best friend is a Cav Scout and talks about it alot. I just so happen to retain very little of what he says. Nobody tell him that.

RIPSaidCone said:
The division she worked for was apart of the Department of Homeland Security, more specifically a CIA SAD sub-unit on loan to said Department. SAD stands for Special Activities Division, they're the ones you don't hear about in the news, even their training is highly classified, so I can't really say can I. Unless I'm supposed to make a guess.
Also military is the armed forces of a nation, there can't be an unoffical military, unless you're dressing up like a soldier of a country and pretending you fight for them, which PMC's do not, they are contracted to fight the wars the government don't want to waste their valued soldiers on. Also PMC's are offical by government standards, if they are paid by the government they are offical. If a PMC were unoffical, by company standards they'd be shut down.

#GottaKnowDisStuff
You have no idea what training your character received for three years, yet you stated she was better trained and conditioned than Christian, despite having no idea yourself?

And cool, but you didn't answer the training aspect, that PMC's have just as much training as the 'actual soldiers'. PMC's are also used - which I stated in my Bio - for the missions deemed to dangerous for standard soldiers.

I don't but I'm more than positive that a CIA SAD agent would have better training than an above-average grunt.

Also the missions to dangerous for standard soldiers, that means they don't want to risk valued lives so they risk ones that no one cares about. It IS the truth don't judge.

RIPSaidCone said:
I don't but I'm more than positive that a CIA SAD agent would have better training than an above-average grunt.
And I'm more than positive a more experienced grown man, would fair better against an emotionally unstable, inexperienced young woman, who is slightly better trained...

Surely that makes sense?

She's quite experienced, VERY emotionally unstable, and more than likely much better trained. But I agree with parts of it. But Kat has speed and agility on her side. He can't beat her if he can't catch her.

RIPSaidCone said:
She's quite experienced, VERY emotionally unstable, and more than likely much better trained. But I agree with parts of it. But Kat has speed and agility on her side. He can't beat her if he can't catch her.
Going back to numbers, no matter how much better her training was, she won't be MUCH better trained, since she was only trained for three years, compared to 10. This is the same argument for the experience aspect of things.

Now I'm going to switch to context here, speed and agility would not be a factor, if this conflict happened in the only place it can happen. Which would be Kat's group raiding Chris's group in the tornado shelter.

Their group doesn't even know about the shelter. It'd make more sense if they got into a gunfight with some infected, Christian's group heard and went to check it out. Besides, Kat has been in a fight similar to the one that Christian might give her, someone who's big, bulky and strong against her. She used their own size against them.

Also I need to go to bed now, it's really late where I am.

RIPSaidCone said:
Also the missions to dangerous for standard soldiers, that means they don't want to risk valued lives so they risk ones that no one cares about. It IS the truth don't judge.
Oh, yes this is 100% true. Yet those dangerous missions Christian survived... I mean, I've mentioned more about what Chris an do than you have Kat...

RIPSaidCone said:
Their group doesn't even know about the shelter. It'd make more sense if they got into a gunfight with some infected, Christian's group heard and went to check it out. Besides, Kat has been in a fight similar to the one that Christian might give her, someone who's big, bulky and strong against her. She used their own size against them.
Also I need to go to bed now, it's really late where I am.
That won't happen... Pretty sure we've dug in to the Tornado shelter,I don't see him leaving unless Luna does. I think you're seriously underpowering Chris's fighting ability though... He isn't some big bulky brawler, he is a trained soldier.

But anyways, good night.

Okay calm down now, calm down. I feel like @Archangel Galdrael and you two keep budding heads with the stubbornness. Now, go eat a snickers

I don't really like chocolate. I'm weird. :o

Except in Reeses and Butterfingers, and occasionally a milkshake. Otherwise, nerp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back