• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Vicious Waffles (Esport Team RP)

The Fluffiest Floof

Floof, truly the fluffiest
This is just an idea, which means i do not have a lot fleshed out. What i am looking to do is an rp about an uprising esport team. A wealthy sponsor decided to put one together, taking the best rated solo players and contracting them together. THe rp would most likely be about their struggles of dealing with the new teammates, but also the newly aquired fame. We will guide them through a season of their game of choice (which is up to discussion for us or we can come up with our own game) and if we are good enough, even the world championship.

Now a lot of this is basically WIP, for which i am needing the players help. I want us to build this roleplay together, so we all can most enjoy it. Interest, ideas and questions are highly appreciated. I´ll be looking for 4-5 people besides myself.

Last edited:
This sounds amazing! I've been looking for something more relationship focused.

Not many ideas so far. Just the idea that the best ranked solo players may have been friends at some point and eventually split? Or maybe just have them be random strangers who have never met. I'll keep brainstorming some ideas and keeping an eye out for this!

Yeah i was intending to have both things. Not intense friendships, but i was thinking maybe some of them had a little contact, some did not. So they are all in the mix, rivals, aquaintances, strangers.

I might be interested however, my current attendance on the site has been somewhat spotty over these past few weeks (Me + Hot weather = serious deduction of any intelligent thought). So I can't promise anything. Wishing you all the best regardless if I take part or not. <3

If the esports team's sponsor is Beyonce, I am all in and will be your most committed member. As far as games go, I am fine with making up a fictitious game (that might actually be easiest if you want to focus on their social lives). If you'd rather focus on them actually playing their game, then maybe just stick with LoL, Overwatch or Dota 2.

If the esports team's sponsor is Beyonce, I am all in and will be your most committed member. Is it for a fictional game or one that exists IRL?
That is up for discussion. I can imagine both to be interesting.

the sponsor is a fictional international waffle restaurant chain.

Then I vote that the waffle house chain's name be iSyrup. Also, read my edit dawg. :)
Ah i see.

I think actually rping the gameplay might be a little hard. The results and important events of the match (example being either a very good or very bad play of one of the team members) will still have an impact, but i think we should just discuss OOC what would be a good way to have it go down.

For the game, i am personally leaning to a fictional game, since we get the chance to create all roles we want, all mechanics we want and thus make it the easiest for each character to have the spot the player wants them to be in. However, i am honestly leaning less towards a moba and more towards a tactic shooter like CS:GO or Rainbow Six: Siege. Those tend to need incredible amounts of teamplay and coordination, so it has a huge impact on the season how well our characters get along.

A game with teams of three "musketeers" (although they only have swords as a primary weapon and an old-style crappy flintlock pistol as a sidearm that has like one, maybe two, good shots with terrible reload time). These "three musketeer" teams duke it out....oh God I just realized I made a dumbed down Princess Bride version of Red Dead Revolver LOL. Oh well, the idea is still mine. Hmph!

I think we have enough interest now to actually start.

A game with teams of three "musketeers" (although they only have swords as a primary weapon and an old-style crappy flintlock pistol as a sidearm that has like one, maybe two, good shots with terrible reload time). These "three musketeer" teams duke it out....oh God I just realized I made a dumbed down Princess Bride version of Red Dead Revolver LOL. Oh well, the idea is still mine. Hmph!
We need a game with teams of five, your idea only presents teams of three.

Also i will not just accept or deny such an idea, we will all need to agree on things to make this happen the way i wanted it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back