• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Roaring Twenties - Interest Check

Misty Gray

Pessimisty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
The Roaring Twenties
New York City, 1925

output.jpg

Character Sheets Thread

This RP will follow the lives of a rich and powerful organised crime family residing in Queens, NYC. With the ageing patriarch, Dante Russo, rumoured to be stepping down in the coming years, attention has turned to who will replace him in the family business. Between his children and trusted underboss, any one of them could take his place. The challenge is to receive both his recommendation and the support of most others within the organisation.

This RP will be primarily driven by relationships and drama within the family, their highest employees, as well as friends and significant associates. As well as the ruthless and fiery tension amongst those closest to each other, I will also throw in outside threats and challenges from rival gangs, law enforcement, and others set to make life even more complicated for our characters.

Once there's enough interest, it's hoped we can work together to build on the family dynamics. I've intentionally avoided listing out all required roles so we can build upon it as a group and I can be open to ideas that haven't crossed my mind. Of course, the patriarch, his kids, Underboss, and trusted members are a must.

Rules:

1. OOC and group plotting will all be done on Discord, so you may struggle with planning if you're unable to join the server. CS/IC threads will be done on RPN.
2. There's currently no limit on number of players and I'm happy for you to double up on characters.
However, please make at least one character a family member or a direct/significant part of the gang to ensure they're central to the plot.
3. Please only join if you can commit to posting at least once per week and don’t plan on leaving any time soon!
4. Romance is encouraged, but fade to black if things become sexual.
5. This is an advanced/literate RP. Please write 2+ paragraphs per post.
6. Profanity is acceptable, within reason. No need to make it excessive.
7. Please be aware, the RP will deal with mature themes (violence, threats, and other subjects you'd expect from this genre).

Last edited:
As for inspiration/atmosphere/character dynamics, Peaky Blinders, Yellowstone, Godfather, and The Son (TV Series) spring to mind.

Once there's enough interest, I can link to the Discord and CS Thread.

Last edited:
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes mother of sorrows mother of sorrows AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Sagey Sagey FancySodaCan FancySodaCan Lost Martian Lost Martian

If you're still interested in joining the RP, the Discord and Character Sheet thread links are below:

Discord:

CS thread:

Below are some characters I would like to be filled. I'm happy for players to double-up if they can handle playing multiple characters.

Dante Russo - Patriarch (Aged 60-70 -Please let me know your ideas for him)
Margaret Russo - Dante's Wife - OPEN
Son 1 - Benjamin Russo (His wife and young adult offspring are open to be played)
Benjamin's Fiancee
-- Benjamin's kid (aged 18-20)
--
Benjamin's daughter
Dante's Son 2
- OPEN
Dante's Son 3 (Son or Daughter - Aged 22-36)
Dante's Son 4
Underboss

There's also extended family, friends, employees, rivals etc. that can be played too.

If you want to discuss any character ideas with me, we can do so here, on Discord, or via PM.

Last edited:
I’m still interested in this. I’m thinking of playing as one of the Russo sons, one who had run off to become an actor, acting in several small plays around New York, pretty much bit roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back