• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Reveal of Magic

Gaaron01234 said:
You can post as you like. Just don't rush things, especially when you interact with another player. I also seem to be asleep the time you guys are most active. Yay for time zones!
Bruh, I'm lucky to be awake right now. It's an hour past midnight where I am.

A wild exposition has appeared at the overview tab.

This is by no means final so feel free to add your ideas of what should be on there or what shouldn't.

Everybody, I would like to apologize for my long-ass post, and long-ass time in making it. It's been quite some time before I've been roleplaying on forums, and roleplaying in general due to school and my part-time job.

I hope that doesn't make me look like a fool in front of everyone. :(

No need to apologize. Real life should always have priority.

And I don't think that anyone would see you as a fool for trying to have some fun despite those troubles.

Haha, sorry guys I kinda just started posting. Not sure what formalities to observe here in the glorious land of RP Nation! Teach me your ways~!

Anywho, I just kinda post at random and sporadically... not giving much though to time zones and whatnot. ^_^

Everyone I promise that I WILL post tonight (or today if you're in a completely different time zone) I just have to do Work and after that I should be posting more often. ^^

@Gaaron01234 Bear with me here bro. I'll be sure to have Nicholas give a good enough reaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll drop the first mayor story post tomorrow/later. Feel free to use time travel if you still need things to happen before I say the thing and everyone goes WHAT?

Gaaron01234 said:
I guess I'll drop the first mayor story post tomorrow/later. Feel free to use time travel if you still need things to happen before I say the thing and everyone goes WHAT?
No no Gaaron. This is the Internet! On the Internet, everyone goes WAT?!?!?111

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all:

Merry christmas everyone!

secondly:

I have decided to go against may original plan to further delay the details on how the magic system of this game is supposed to work and will post it today over at the overview tab. Some of you seem to have become excited for cool magic stuff that might not be possible with the system i have in mind and i would like to have your input regarding the system.

Is it to complicated and should be scrapped in favour of a more simple system that allows more freedom?

because i would rather ad-lib everything from here on than lessen the fun you guys would otherwise have.

Gaaron01234 said:
first of all:
Merry christmas everyone!

secondly:

I have decided to go against may original plan to further delay the details on how the magic system of this game is supposed to work and will post it today over at the overview tab. Some of you seem to have become excited for cool magic stuff that might not be possible with the system i have in mind and i would like to have your input regarding the system.

Is it to complicated and should be scrapped in favour of a more simple system that allows more freedom?

because i would rather ad-lib everything from here on than lessen the fun you guys would otherwise have.
I like your magic system. However, unless we get mentors I would think out characters would need to be able to cast "impulse magic." What I mean by that is using simple spells like shooting a single fire ball without invoking words. This impulse magic could stay throughout the entire RP or just until out characters learn to create and cast stronger spells. Now that I think about it, do the miracles you mentioned work in this way as I described?

joeymicl said:
I like your magic system. However, unless we get mentors I would think out characters would need to be able to cast "impulse magic." What I mean by that is using simple spells like shooting a single fire ball without invoking words. This impulse magic could stay throughout the entire RP or just until out characters learn to create and cast stronger spells. Now that I think about it, do the miracles you mentioned work in this way as I described?
One of the special words would be <silence> that would remove the need to da the spells name but that probably isn't what you had in mind.

One of the first things anyone enrolling as a mage for the war would also get a spellbook with a few standard spells, a full magic dictionary and space to add a number of your own spells.thera are reasons to have a mixture of both spellbook as well as loose paper spells that I don't want to get too much into detail right now.

The ability to throw minor projectile without having to invoke a spell could very well be a miracle.

ozma said:
looks good to me. It seems relatively free-form as it is
Yes it would be easy to just make spells. However, our characters wouldn't know how to do that in the beginning. I'm guessing we'll be going through the "school" to learn how to make spells and craft our own. No one, thrown into that situation, would know how to just do magic if they have never been told about it. Or will we just time jump and say we learned and this is what we can do?

I think time jumps would be a more reasonable action if it comes to our characters having to learn spells.

*Approves of time skipping.*

I would have liked to do one or two scenes during the school part to possibly establish a bit about the characters *winks at @Puzderhero * but I'm fine if you'd rather skip right to the action.

Gaaron01234 said:
I would have liked to do one or two scenes during the school part to possibly establish a bit about the characters *winks at @Puzderhero * but I'm fine if you'd rather skip right to the action.
1106.gif

Gaaron01234 said:
We don't necessarily have to get into action yet. I just don't think we need to detail every step to learn how to cast spells. Also if every person on Earth, that wants to, can use magic now then we would probably have to learn pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back