• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The parents’ balancing act

IvoryCrystal42

Actor girl
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Be literate, please.

Hello there! My name is Alex. I’m a roleplayer who has been writing for around 7 years now, and I usually write two to three paragraphs of a medium length (Say, 5 lines per paragraph, though longer if it’s an opening piece).

I am fine with using discord or reddit, but I do not use Kik or other possible platforms.

Now, onto the reason I made this post.

I would like to have a roleplay based around a couple adopting a child with various needs (anything from autism, ADHD, anxiety issues or even various types of trauma) and balancing the child with the rest of their life, like work.

The roleplay would most likely start from before the child is adopted or fostered, as a way to set up the two primary adults’ dynamics. I would like, if possible, for the couple to be two women but it’s not a proper requirement, just a preference.

The child I would like to be handled by both of us, and as realistically as possible. I imagine the child as a young toddler (say, two to three), as I think that would give an interesting dynamic between the adults, the child, and how to deal with everything, but they can be an older kid as well.

I know I’m being vague about the characters, but that’s mainly because I’d like the child to be created as a cooperative effort, and I shape my character at least a little bit around my characters partner, so they have similar personalities for the realism.

What would I like from a partner?

I would like a partner who is comfortable with topics of disability, (autism, ADHD, etc) and possible trauma. It would also be appreciated if they’d be fine with a toddler character, but again, not a requirement.

I would also like them to be willing to come up with ideas and story beats, or playing other characters.

Now, for the writing example. This will be a relatively short one (two 5-line paragraphs). I will be using a modern period character, but I can write various genres.

——

Valentine tapped her fingers on the oak desk as she waited for her emails to refresh. The drumming of her fingers was a distraction, of course, but she couldn’t bare sitting in silence when her audition results were about to return. Fresh out of her acting school, she’d found something she wanted to do, and applied. A tv show based around a female pilot in a sci-fi show. It had caught her interest, and she director seemed nice.

*ding*

Valentine flinched, and the drumming stopped. She stopped looking at her fingers and clicked on the most recent email. She closed her eyes before she read anything, and licked her dry lips, and took a deep breath. she opened her eyes and started to smile.

“Hello, Valentine Black. You have been selected for the role of Aislen Fletcher, first pilot of the Stormbreaker platoon.

The studio address is 152, Hutton Street.

We hope to see you soon,

Kind regards.

Director Alexander.”

She shut her eyes, as a laugh came from her chest. She’d made it. She made it into the lead role. The actor sighed in relief and clicked ‘Reply’, already starting to ask for details.

I love the sort of "found family" type plots, and I'm trying to broaden my horizons into SoL plots more. I have not seen your mega prompt post, but I'd love to take a look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back