• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy .:The Organization of Aether Research:. Small group search

SBMWaugh

The Scion of Balance
Welcome! I'm looking for two or three people who would be interested in joining me for a post apocalyptic roleplay set in the distant future. We would be either a newly formed team, or an existing one, of OAR field operatives. We are tasked with investigating and protecting the populace from hazards brought on by the sudden increase of Aether particles in the air which has altered the natural world forcing humanity to hide behind high walls. We have not escaped unchanged however and part of why we are employed in such hazardous conditions is that we have developed special abilities which make us particularly well suited to dealing with monsters and other altered humans.

That is all I have for you at the moment. The setting and our characters can be further fleshed out when there are more of us to discuss. Until then I bid you adieu and thank you for stopping by my thread. Hopefully you have decided that this is something that would interested you and we will be talking soon ^^

Thank you all for showing an interest in my roleplay idea. My mind splits into two directions when I think about the plot.

The first involves a three person cell investigating a "strange" occurance where the stumble upon a fourth who has the ability to enhance their abilities. They aren't the only ones investigating and so conflict breaks out and the four are pulled into a plot involving a group of malignant cultists.

The second idea involves a fourman cell who are tasked with dealing with a raging metahuman and as a result discovrr there is a group of them who are planning something nefarious.

Speaking of the characters abilities though, I am thinking that they are a doubled edged sword. Aether granted, if the use them too recklessly they risk loosing control and transforming into monsters themselves.

So with the first plot, the person they discover can have the ability to calm the beast inside thus granting them greater access to their powers risk free.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head. If you guys have anything to add or feel needs changing feel free to speak up. This should be as collaborative as can be ^^

I like the first plot idea and I'm not so keen on the "monster" inside bit. I'd rather not limit it and have the characters just be getting accustomed to their powers. I feel like putting a limiter on it could be stifling

Perhaps that wasn't a representative choice of words. I wasn't intending that it would be something that they are constantly struggling with. Being field operatives they will have undergone serious training to control their powers. But the idea is that there is a connection between the ability users and the monsters. That the monsters are ability users that weren't discovered in time and instead of controlling their powers, their powers control them. Of course there will also be former/EX-OAR members who have given into their powers and have become monsters as well. But a tie in idea is the sympathy that our characters might feel for those they have to fight. The idea that it could have been one of them had they not been found, raised, or what have you to control their powers.

Of course it also goes to mention that if they become unbalanced while wielding their powers and draw on too much of them at once while unbalanced they too can risk being taken over. The idea behind that is not to allow the characters to be too overpowered and to add a "weakness" to having the powers. A weakness which will be quickly overcome with the introduction of the new character. But maybe they won't always be around the new character or will have to save them after they are abducted and thus may risk loosing control in the process? Who knows.

But hopefully that has fleshed out the reasoning and maybe won you over?

Ah, I'd say somewhere between casual and detailed. No less then two paragraphs on average perhaps. I don't think that is too demanding yet should be enough to keep things progressing forward. More is always welcome but it isn't expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back