• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The New Gods - Interest Check

Autumn McJavabean

Prettier than you.
The New Gods

This is still a draft, but I didn't like my other role play idea, so I'm posing one I feel stronger about.
Overview & Introduction

Gods have long been believed to be dead. Truth is, they've been around, reincarnated with every generation. There has never been a single God, such as the Greek Pantheon, rather beings inherent those titles and powers over time.

Now the powers awaken again as new people are chosen to be branded as the New Gods.

One new God has taken it upon themselves to eradicate the other Gods by becoming the one true God indefinitely. Posing a threat to all humanity.

Plot
Working on this currently.
Brand
All Gods are branded with a mark symbolizing their power. From the cosmos, these brands sizzle with radiant power, feeding and unlocking for the God.

These brands allow one to attain their godly power and form, each stage unleashing the shackles of the brand and allowing more power to flood their body. The first stage is about 50% unlocked, second is 90%. After that there is reincarnation, which exceed the brands 90% limit and allowing from a new transformation, typically morphing the body. This allows all the power to be used.

This generally has three parts. The first is a partial unlock, the second is a nearly complete unlock and the final is using all power and becoming the God in physical form.

Theme
Insert later
Setting
The planet earth is the setting with monuments for each God scattered across the world.
Combat
Insert
Character Card

[COLOR=#000000]Character Completion: 50%[/COLOR]

Optional Quotes
Name

Name Intro

Name:

Species:

Height:

Weight:

God/Power: What are you the God of?

Appearance

Appearance

Personality

Personality

History

Abilities and Powers

Chi Abilities
Info about your abilities, such with Ki go here

Fighting Styles

Fighting style or Martial Arts detail go here

Hmm... I'd say I'm interested if this does get developed a little more.

Khaoul, the Evil God of Dominion, the God of Territory. Famous for his power to telekinetically control all that reside within his lands.

First Unlock: The user may use telekinesis in a 20ft radius around their body.
Second Unlock: The user may establish a territory in which they can use their power, using the God's symbol as a mark.
Third Unlock: In addition to the previous unlocks, the user may telekinetically control anything they can see.

This all sound like I'm on the right track in terms of combat capability?

As long as you're not controlling people/players, and I assume the limit is based on what they see?

Generally the idea was the powers were of Gods of current mythos, but originals are fine too. I wasn't very clear on that front. :D

The New Gods

This is still a draft, but I didn't like my other role play idea, so I'm posing one I feel stronger about.
Overview & Introduction

Gods have long been believed to be dead. Truth is, they've been around, reincarnated with every generation. There has never been a single God, such as the Greek Pantheon, rather beings inherent those titles and powers over time.

Now the powers awaken again as new people are chosen to be branded as the New Gods.

One new God has taken it upon themselves to eradicate the other Gods by becoming the one true God indefinitely. Posing a threat to all humanity.

Plot
Working on this currently.
Brand
All Gods are branded with a mark symbolizing their power. From the cosmos, these brands sizzle with radiant power, feeding and unlocking for the God.

These brands allow one to attain their godly power and form, each stage unleashing the shackles of the brand and allowing more power to flood their body. The first stage is about 50% unlocked, second is 90%. After that there is reincarnation, which exceed the brands 90% limit and allowing from a new transformation, typically morphing the body. This allows all the power to be used.

This generally has three parts. The first is a partial unlock, the second is a nearly complete unlock and the final is using all power and becoming the God in physical form.

Theme
Insert later
Setting
The planet earth is the setting with monuments for each God scattered across the world.
Combat
Insert
Character Card

[COLOR=#000000]Character Completion: 50%[/COLOR]

Optional Quotes
Name

Name Intro

Name:

Species:

Height:

Weight:

God/Power: What are you the God of?

Appearance

Appearance

Personality

Personality

History

Abilities and Powers

Chi Abilities
Info about your abilities, such with Ki go here

Fighting Styles

Fighting style or Martial Arts detail go here

Would we be able to use the Egyptian gods or anything of that sort? If so, I'd be down for playing Anubis, God of death, the Underworld, and the embalming process.

Would we be able to use the Egyptian gods or anything of that sort? If so, I'd be down for playing Anubis, God of death, the Underworld, and the embalming process.
Yes, you can play as incarnations of known mythological gods. But they're supposed to be incarnations, so the powers transfer rather than having been a singular god that's lived forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back