• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy π•Ώπ–π–Š π•Έπ–”π–”π–“π–‹π–‘π–”π–œπ–Šπ–— π•Έπ–Šπ–“π–†π–Œπ–Šπ–—π–Žπ–Š (π’Šπ’π’•π’†π’“π’†π’”π’• π’„π’‰π’†π’„π’Œ)

Reign of Terror

Destroyer of Ramen
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Click Stars and Scroll
  • Artist β€” vikisigh
    INTRO
    β€œ
    ”
    π•²π–—π–Šπ–Šπ–™π–Žπ–“π–Œπ–˜, π–œπ–Šπ–†π–—π–ž π–™π–—π–†π–›π–Šπ–‘π–Šπ–—. π–‚π–Šπ–‘π–ˆπ–”π–’π–Š 𝖙𝖔 π–™π–π–Š π–Œπ–†π–—π–‰π–Šπ–“, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–•π–‘π–Šπ–†π–˜π–Š, π–’π–Žπ–“π–‰ π–™π–π–Š π–‹π–‘π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—π–˜.

O4DpXU9.png

150 years ago, the moon nearly fell.​

Christened the Black Moon, the cradle of the earth was laid bare that night, and a fee was enacted upon all Men- perhaps penance for their transgressions or maybe merely one of nature's cruel games. Nonetheless, Black Moon babes were affected the world over, as for the duration of the night, only 3 such children held breath, all others silenced before their first cries. While the rest of the world wept, three mothers found their worst nightmares swaddled in cloth, alive and well. These three children would become the menagerie's first residents, under the care of Monsieur Claudiu Delacroix, a strange and shadowy nobleman who appeared practically out of thin air.

"At the edge of the hellish Grymmswood, just out of reach of the common man, lies an estate like none other- One Monsieur Delacroix's Moonflower Menagerie, the very first of its kind. Men and women of great stature and standing find themselves burdening the estate for its oddities, both for business and pleasure alike." - Xadian Empire newspaper excerpt, 70 years ago

Since the Black Moon, the lunar body has produced another child of circumstance every quarter century as it rushes and fades like the tide, with Delacroix there to receive each flower with care. A letter, a chance meeting- or even the occasion stumble through the doors- not every flower has lived a full lifetime at the menagerie, but none have ever left to live elsewhere ever again.

The menagerie is patient, never cramped, never hurried. In recent years, Delacroix has taken up another task, finishing up with his most recent Gardener recruitment. Branded, every Gardener will live out their days in contractual servitude to Delacroix in exchange for one wish. Love or hate be damned, all flowers and all Gardeners fates are inexplicably tied to Delacroix and the garden, never to break free of its sweet embrace.
    TERMINOLOGY
    Flower - menagerie/garden residents are referred to as flowers or Moonflowers overall, but each is assigned a particular moniker- a specific variety of flower best suited to their species, abilities, or disposition. Flowers are born to lunar anomalies or phases of the moon - harvest moons, blue moons, eclipses, full moons, and new moons qualify, supposing the conditions and prerequisites align. The moon seems to have created living progeny without title of what were once mortal babes, some with animal or otherwise less-than-mortal likenesses, generally all with powers that could overturn entire nations if left to the avarice of Men. The first 3 are Elder Flowers, the first of their kind and the eldest of the garden residents.

Mortal - As defined here, this will be Humans. Flowers are very likely to take on aspects of Mankind despite their abnormalities. As is typical, Humans will inevitably grow old and die while those with Delacroix's blessing or contracts are finely preserved for as long as he lives and breathes. They come to the garden for favors- fortune tellings, magic salves and cures, sweet dreams, memory erasure, and all other manner of fantastical things one cannot get from a local human apothecary back home.

Glamour - A powerful aesthetic spell cast to change ones appearance. Hard to come by, but allowing Flowers to travel safely without the torches and pitchforks being lit on rare occasions where travel is due. Currently, the only one capable of casting them is Delacroix.

The Grymmswood - first a small continent, and a massive forest of cryptids and intrigue second. It trembles and changes over time, with all manner of flora and fauna gracing the dark realm like surprises in the night. Rare herbs and materials are procured here, funding the lavishness of the estate. Kingdoms and empires have crumbled and fallen in their attempts to conquer it, with legends telling of everything from entities that guard the very forests themselves to monsters best suited to hunting Men... the likes of which no common man has ever seen. Many blame the Grymmswood for the Black Moon incident and the creatures borne of it.

The Garden/Menagerie - the names given to the ethereal estate grounds, though its residents tend to use 'garden' more frequently than guests, who treat it more like a true 'menagerie'. The earth itself seems imbued with magic, as though never intended for this world, fed and bathed in the glow of the Grymmswood. Only the bravest and most peculiar of mortals trouble the menagerie's doorstep, as there are no kings, no ranks in the garden. All men kneel before Flowers, like dangling over a chasm, waiting to be either welcomed or devoured.

Gardener - Once mortal, Gardeners were typically once knights, guardsmen, mercenaries, or powerful magi who eventually met their match or in some way fell short. Whatever their circumstance, they all came to Delacroix for a wish, and in turn, have been bound, soul to soul, to this strange creature and his estates. Trusted Gardeners and Flowers may be sent (quite rarely) to other lands for tasks, but they will never freely walk the earth again, leashed to Delacroix for the remainder of their everlasting lifetimes. They will spend this time caring for Flowers, everything from mundane household tasks to overseeing their safety.

The Black Moon - an event that was never seen before or since, the moon blackening to pitch like the sky behind it. There were no stars, and no eclipses. It could be heard cracking, rumbling, swaying the very seas themselves. The end was unimaginable darkness and cold, an awful unearthly howl resounding from above, and the eventual return of the moon as they knew it. Unfortunately, all children, save for three, born that night did not ever draw breath. Even 150 years later, fear still grips the mortal Man like an icy claw.

Last edited:
This captures my interest. I'll have to give it another read to see if I have wrapped my head around it properly.

editing this post roughly 3 hours later. I read it over again and listened to the music provided and have been won over! πŸ₯° I've found a code & playing my idea for a Red Moon Lotus character.

Last edited:
CS Thread is made! New
The CS thread is finished, and I've posted my Flower's finished sheet as a point of reference! The top of the CS thread has an estate map and also has the bare minimum info needed for applicants for both Flowers and Gardeners.
My to-do list tomorrow will include a world map and my Gardener's sheet, I'm too sleepy right now, but IT SHALL BE DONE. zzzz

I'll get mine up after work tonight or tomorrow for sure! I love the map by the way, did you draw it up yourself? And black-summer black-summer it's the post right before yours that has the character sheet thread link

I'll get mine up after work tonight or tomorrow for sure! I love the map by the way, did you draw it up yourself? And black-summer black-summer it's the post right before yours that has the character sheet thread link
i should've been clearer, my bad! by that i meant if that thread is only for characters approved behorehand or if roles will get picked through it ^^''

i should've been clearer, my bad! by that i meant if that thread is only for characters approved behorehand or if roles will get picked through it ^^''
I'll be using it for both role selection and sheet storing! While the thread isn't necessarily first-come-first-serve I don't see it happening to where there's an overabundance of competition for roles. πŸ€” I wasn't sure how interested people would be so I only set it up for 12 roles, but if I see a lot of awesome sheets there's no reason I can't add a few more roles to the thread. Far be it for me to squish anyone's creativity, I'm just excited to see so many people here. πŸ’•βœ¨

I am also toying with the idea that I should open up roles for various creatures and entities that live in the Grymmswood, or even human nobles and travelers that intend to frequent the estate. The roles I NEED filled are Flowers and Gardeners, but others are technically on the table.

It's a mapmaking software! But it's your job to texture it and place every tree and rock and flower. ☠️ Depending on the map it can take a few days.

Absolutely in love with the setting and themes! Going to only state tentative interest though, since it seems like I'm fairly late to the party, and I'm not sure how inspired I'll be feeling over the weekend ; u ; b Hopefully I'll be able to get some ideas churning.

Are you full on applicants for Gardeners? If you aren't must they have started off as human or could they be something/someone from the Grymmswood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back