• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Iron Empire. (High magic fantasy)

Doomyfish23

"Honey!!! Wheres my Supersuit?"
(This is a pretty big work in progress, ill be looking for help in world building and development please let me know if interested in that position.

Im hoping to make a sort of Naruto like power system with different elements of magic and multiple kinds of abilities to bolster it. The power scale will be capped at around town level to begin but i could see it going up to around mountain/island level in the future.

Here is a basic summary of the story idea, expect a decent amount of refinement and perhaps some change but the general plot will be something like this.)

The plot
The iron empire has been standing for 600 years. While it was initially built upon lofty ideals of peace and coexistence between factions and for a time lived up to those ideals , eventually it would be conquered by the Wicked Emperor Dagon. His power gained through contracts with otherworldly beings would allow him to reign for nearly 550 years before he was finally striken down by the current emperor Clyde Valthoom, Champion of light.
IMG_2993.jpeg
His Victory over the Dark Emperor came at a high cost. Many gave their lives in a war against the dark forces Dagon commanded and upon his striking down of the dark emperor those wicked creatures scattered throughout the continent. No longer bound by the emperor they would run rampant causing suffering and death to those who called the empire home. Collecting his magical power over the Element of Light Emperor Clyde would create the crystal throne, which generated a powerful field around the capital city preventing monsters from spawning within it, also preventing their entry into the fields area of effect. Sadly for him this would mean he would have to be in that throne in near perpetuity.
~~~

A year has passed since Emperor Clyde sat upon the crystal throne. While the area of sanctuary within the capital city holds, it is obviously not a permanent solution as his power is not without limits and has been being drained by the thrones field. A plan has been hatched to not only relieve him of his burden, but also extend the sanctuary field that more may be within its protection. This plan is a long shot and with most of the heroes having either fallen in the war against Dagon, or been scattered to the countryside in an effort to preserve what lives they could…there are few who can be called to embark upon the journey.

Around the continent there are five sacred sites, places where the five great elemental spirits are said to have taken refuge from Dagons dark forces. Emperor Clyde has created Five talismans which can seal and capture these Great elemental spirits. If they are brought back to him he will be able to fuel the throne indefinitely using their power and with a much greater effect. Thus a mystic call has been put out to all within the capital who have the magic potential to hear it,

“Come to the throne, Together we will save this empire, become heroes of legend, and reap rewards of legendary proportion.”

This message would only reach those of significant magical potential, be it latent or otherwise. The emperor’s closest ally Erik Lucas would be waiting for those chosen to prepare them and teach them to operate the talismans.

You are among those who heard the call.​

Last edited:
Thanks!!!

I just doodled up the map a few minutes ago and am working on labeling it n such for the lore. Ill be cranking out lore first, then CS page. If you have any lore ideas or suggestions im open to working them in.

Depends but perhaps there could be like a city run/made up of crystals? Kinda like this: [img link].

Depends but perhaps there could be like a city run/made up of crystals? Kinda like this: [img link].
That would definitely fit for the capital if you’d like. It could also Be a fit for Sok the Other large city of the setting.
IMG_3019.jpeg
The Southwestern most one is The capital its named Ferrous Its Number 1. The south easternmost one is Sok, its Number 9.

Cities and towns are completed. A decent bit of how life is on this continent can be found here.

Ill have the Shrines, Wonders, And Seas up hopefully in about two or three hours, though i doubt ill have pictures picked up for them.

Tomorrow ill start on the Magic Mechanics and National History. And likely will have the CS up shortly after that.

Blue is my favourite soooooo~

I must admit I've only read the premise and haven't tought of anything yet. I'm interested in the concept but after working for 15 hours today my brain is mushy and I need to sleep 😴

I'll see if I can cook up something in my head tomorrow at work.

Blue is my favourite soooooo~

I must admit I've only read the premise and haven't tought of anything yet. I'm interested in the concept but after working for 15 hours today my brain is mushy and I need to sleep 😴

I'll see if I can cook up something in my head tomorrow at work.
Best of luck. Rest that mushy brain, im just coming off a long shift myself and can definitely relate.

So, what kind of creatures can we expect? And how hard/soft is the magic system? I'm just asking because I'm interested.
There is a split between natural creatures such as dire beasts, dragons, and serpents and whatnot, and the otherworldly beasts such as beholders, Nightshades, demons and devils. In short basically whatever kinds i can think of…and you guys too, tour welcome to suggest some.

The magic system is fairly soft I suppose. Ill be using naruto’s chakra system as a baseline to but pairing it with fantasy genre’s such as final fantasy and elder scrolls. Still a work in progress but I anticipate it having a-lot of wiggle room in there.

Good questions thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back