[The Inspired: A Game of Mad Science!] Insane Rambles

Ya know, I 'ave an anwser that solves all Pro'lems: "I Know a guy for that"... an' most often I do!... in this case it's YOU Miller, e'ther that or I just disappear in one 'o me Shady Alleys I'm always mucking abou', Then I get to som'one else I know to get me wha' I need in the moment: a safehouse with thick walls an' locks... but still you 'ave a good poin' I need an escape route in case of Mobs... thanks fo' tha' tip!

(That said Contacts will also be high on my list of priorities! xD )

94... 94... average splinters from a flechette... 94... JOHN... 8730Hz ... 8730Hz ... maximum sonic frequency for a ... for a ... JOHN... Dispersible Sonic Hypervariable Drive.... Too far... not fast enough... need more ... JOHN... need less space... smaller robots, bigger guns... 225 million... million, 187 thousand... thousand... JOHN... 948 kilometres... 948, 948, 948! All in four seconds... JOHN... We can do it. We can do it... I just need to perfect... perfect... need to perfect... my Duality Engine.... Duality... Duality... it means two. We can do it... It means two... Need a duality engine. JOHN...

@ The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard

How do you want to go about world creation?

I thought from reading the fluff that we would slot into a pre existing world....I may not be able to commit to a world building project before the RPG starts :(

Alexandra said:
@ The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard
How do you want to go about world creation?

I thought from reading the fluff that we would slot into a pre existing world....I may not be able to commit to a world building project before the RPG starts :(
Its just a thread where we answer questions. The rules are in the book. I ask you guys a few simple questions to decide some stuff. Pretty much we get to determine the villians/problems/any thing good about the setting.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Its just a thread where we answer questions. The rules are in the book. I ask you guys a few simple questions to decide some stuff. Pretty much we get to determine the villians/problems/any thing good about the setting.

[/QUOTE]
That sounds good.

The approach an old FATE GM of mine took was to use elements from our character's backstories, and the surrounding information about our aspects to help shape the world. That might be a good approach to take too :)

My understanding is that you do the basic world building, then you flesh out characters, dropping back into the world building if someone adds an element to the world, like a secret organization, or a gov't conspiracy. That way, the character stuff gets dealt with in one thread, and world shaping stuff gets built in another thread.

Alexandra said:
That sounds good.
The approach an old FATE GM of mine took was to use elements from our character's backstories, and the surrounding information about our aspects to help shape the world. That might be a good approach to take too :)
Here, the world gets aspects too, according to this book(never played an older version of Fate)

I'm still reading through the book, which seems pretty legit so far. I wouldn't have necessarily looked through it without this, so thanks for the inspiration.

My character is still congealing as I read. I like to sweep in at the end and fill a gap.

I apologize for the delay ladies and gents. I've been extremely sick and my voice has been shot to hell :( .

Hoping to resume and start up more discussions soon!

I am up for more. Still need to determine what my inspired will be, but I am interested in seeing what pops up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back