[The Hundred Worlds] (Q&A) Question & Answer

Lupus

Not what you think
Just creating a thread for all the OOC questions for the Storytellers that will come up.

Is the game going to be starting soon(in the next week or two)? I know that we don't have enough characters to run it the way we imagined it, but I think it might be better to start it with a few people and then adjust for an influx of players. Otherwise we might wander off somewhere/make other commitments. (I'll not be forever unemployed (I hope))

Also, do you have the HTML for the banner? I want to put it on my site - so I can help the problem of having not enough players.

Lupus said:
Also, do you have the HTML for the banner? I want to put it on my site - so I can help the problem of having not enough players.
Ill give you the proper code when I wake up.

Dear LoC (Lord of Chaos),

Let me get this straight; as long as someone in the party has the reputation required to take the job, anyone can join (with the party member having the required reputation as party leader for that job)? Or is it exclusive only to those with the required reputation?

The person who brought it up with me yesterday didn't explain it thoroughly enough: he stated that you needed the required reputation in order to apply for the job (which I also gathered from the basic info).

Let me know if I wasn't being clear enough,

Thanks!

Iceman8 said:
Let me get this straight; as long as someone in the party has the reputation required to take the job, anyone can join (with the party member having the required reputation as party leader for that job)? Or is it exclusive only to those with the required reputation?

The person who brought it up with me yesterday didn't explain it thoroughly enough: he stated that you needed the required reputation in order to apply for the job (which I also gathered from the basic info).

Thanks!
I was rather sad that my first character had neither reputations required, so I hope it's just one member of the party.

Iceman8, Your signature is obnoxiously large, couldn't you find a smaller image?

Lupus said:
I was rather sad that my first character had neither reputations required, so I hope it's just one member of the party.
Now, when we complete the mission, will we get some amount of the specified reputation (the one in the job posting) or will we get some amount of the reputation most closely matching our characters' actions?

Iceman8 said:

Thanks!
That's right. As long as the party leader has the required reputations, anybody can apply for the job (subject to party leader approval). Remember, however, that the actions of the party as a whole impact the reputations of all members. Don't hire a bloodthirsty blaggard if you don't want people associating you with his actions.

Why are some jobs worth more than others? With the two for societies, the free entry is clearly balancing out the decreased monetary reward, but "What's in the Box?" seems to be worth the most.... Are the storytellers going to try to balance the rewards, or deal with crowding?

Lupus said:
Why are some jobs worth more than others? With the two for societies, the free entry is clearly balancing out the decreased monetary reward, but "What's in the Box?" seems to be worth the most.... Are the storytellers going to try to balance the rewards, or deal with crowding?
A combination of both. All jobs should have approximately equal Risk/Reward benefits, but an easy job will not pay as well as a dangerous one

I am just waiting for The Silent Artist to post his character and then I will post one since our characters go together I have free time on weekends to play chat games and this should not consume my time as much as a full fledged forum RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back