• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Great Lordship of Brightwall (A Low Fantasy Slice of Life RP)

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
1402, A.F. (After Founding)
The Most Prestigious Lordship of Brightwall, ruled over by Lord Greycastle, Loyal Servant of the Great King Hareth, and Follower of our Almighty savior, the Great Flame, is but one fiefdom in the great kingdom of Byrne. But with it's lush fields, and pious, hard-working folk, it has slowly become one of the most prosperous areas in all the kingdom. It's Lord is a respected war hero, having pushed the vile sodomites from the South out of our sacred land, and saved our good King when the dirty coward's surrounded the fine man. But now, time has not been good to the good Lord Greycastle. Old and exhausted, he has but one heir, a lad of seventeen, who may soon have to take his place as Lord. He must also watch over the bastard of his late younger brother, taking the wretched boy in as his squire and ward. Too good for the lad. He should have been sent off to a monastery and become a man of the Great Flame. But I suppose someone of such low status would find a place even there. I pray that in the coming days, our Great Guide shall show us the way in these difficult times, as deceivers seek to spread their sciences and philosophy to these good folks, and war is once again brewing.

Malark Helder, Renowned Scribe, Historian, and Theologian

Hey there, everyone! This RP is a bit... different to most low/dark fantasy RPs. This is primarily a slice of life deal, with the focus being the smaller problems a small fantasy fiefdom must deal with, such as tavern brawls, crop failure, brigands, and eventually, war. The tone with be much like the Witcher 3, where the express purpose is to point out the ridiculous nature of medieval life, while still treating serious issues with the gravity they deserve. So for a while there will be a section that's just everyone going about their lives, maybe drinking in the tavern and having festivals, then something serious happens. I have several roles I'd like filled, but if there's a role that I didn't mention, feel free to ask to have it, and I can jot it down!

Lord Greycastle: (Early to mid sixties) Open
Heir to Brightwood: (16-17) Open
Bastard Squire: (17) Taken by Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Town Reeve: (Basically the sheriff) Open
Local Priest: Open

So yeah! I'm open to world building with you guys, as I'm really looking forward to creating something really entertainng with ya! Feel free to ask questions and reserve spots!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back