• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Frontier

Archie

Not even my final form
Supporter
Hey everyone, looking for a medium sized group to play in a new war RP. Let me know if you're interested!

---

Hundreds of years ago, the Nrothenr forest was ruled by tribes to whom race mattered little. Dragons, elves, werewolves, dwarves, and orcs shared the space of the forest, fighting wars that mostly relied on taking captives instead of on mass murder.

All that changed when a band of humans led by the mercenary captain Astor landed on the River Dix and proclaimed the Kingdom of Astoria, far away from the policing influence of the Imperium, a bureaucratic state that rules most of man. It has been generations since then, and the Kingdom has developed in relative isolation, fighting the terrors in the dark through an army of knights and rangers. Massacres of the local tribes are common, as, until now, there has been no organized resistance, merely flight from the path of the human armies. The humans view their push as entirely justifiable, however, as they see Astoria as one of the last refuges on Earth from the domination of the Imperium.

Two years ago, all that changed. At the Council of Solace, tribal leaders made peace with one another, presenting a united front against the invader in their territory. They have been collecting their forces for war, and confrontation is inevitable. Mediation has failed, and the human King has done the same, calling all willing to fight to a landsmeet to marshall his armies. Whose side are you on?

---

Roles in this RP include everyone from chiefs and royals down to the most common person. The realm's about to be in chaos, so anyone can carve a path for themselves.

Summer's starting so I should be able to get this up and running with a lot of time to devote. Want to build one that lasts! Let me know if you're in, thanks guys.

StoneWolf18 said:
Interesting...are there going to be limits on races?
Sweet and nope! Just nothing too OP. The other races can be physically, magically etc. stronger than humans but can't be impossibly unkillable. Generally human advantage is in machines and numbers (I'm thinking of making a dwarf Kingdom that has some high technology but not much in terms of population, however)

Archie said:
Sweet and nope! Just nothing too OP. The other races can be physically, magically etc. stronger than humans but can't be impossibly unkillable. Generally human advantage is in machines and numbers (I'm thinking of making a dwarf Kingdom that has some high technology but not much in terms of population, however)
I would make some. If not, everyone's gonna be dragons or something crazy like that and to be honest, it kills these types of roleplays quite fast with it turning into a fantasy high school mess.

Wait, it is modern?

Last edited by a moderator:
StoneWolf18 said:
I would make some. If not, everyone's gonna be dragons or something crazy like that and to be honest, it kills these types of roleplays quite fast with it turning into a fantasy high school mess.
Wait, it is modern?
Will do, would you suggest a list? I'm thinking no vampires, just half-dragons, werewolves, dwarves, elves (including dark elves)

Archie said:
Will do, would you suggest a list? I'm thinking no vampires, just half-dragons, werewolves, dwarves, elves (including dark elves)
All types of Elves (Dark, wood, orcs, etc.) Lycans (either tradition werewolves or permanent anthro) dwarves, and maybe some type of beast kin (with non extinct or mythical creatures, along with limits such as only one or two additional limbs, or the more animal the less humanity?) I would stay away from half dragons considering they would be the only race played.

[QUOTE="Scattered Ambitions]I'm interested. Please tag me if there are any updates, or if you post the actual thread. Thanks!

[/QUOTE]
Will do for sure!

StoneWolf18 said:
All types of Elves (Dark, wood, orcs, etc.) Lycans (either tradition werewolves or permanent anthro) dwarves, and maybe some type of beast kin (with non extinct or mythical creatures, along with limits such as only one or two addition limbs, or the more animal the less humanity?) I would stay away from half dragons considering they would be the only race played.
I like that (always liked centaurs), and yeah great idea on excluding the half dragons (I don't even know where the half would come from as the other humans are far away)

Archie said:
I like that (always liked centaurs), and yeah great idea on excluding the half dragons (I don't even know where the half would come from as the other humans are far away)
(Centaurs are amazing) And considering how large dragons are, interbreeding would be...kinda...hard...-ahem- anyway, is this going to be medieval?

Also! Maybe limited interbreeding, say an Elf and a beast kin to produce a elf with heightened senses considering what type of animal it was, etc.

StoneWolf18 said:
(Centaurs are amazing) And considering how large dragons are, interbreeding would be...kinda...hard...-ahem- anyway, is this going to be medieval?
Definitely!

Also! Maybe limited interbreeding, say an Elf and a beast kin to produce a elf with heightened senses considering what type of animal it was, etc.
That sounds interesting yeah I'll for sure make that an option

Also nice blog dude. Are you still playing black desert?

Archie said:
Definitely!
That sounds interesting yeah I'll for sure make that an option

Also nice blog dude. Are you still playing black desert?
I actually never got it...heh. I'll be looking into it though once I see some gameplay and such.

I'm surprised people actually read it, thank you! ^^

If you want any more world building ideas, let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back