The Arran Chronicles

I think it may be best to take advantage of the new system and have a thread in the characters section for every character. This might make it easier to reference quickly and allow you to make additions or changes caused by events in the RP.

I think it may be best to take advantage of the new system and have a thread in the characters section for every character. This might make it easier to reference quickly and allow you to make additions or changes caused by events in the RP.

Ill add mine later today or maybe tomorrow. It's going to take me a while to get used to this update.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realised that the update stole every line break in the mechanics section. That does explain why some new players found it confusing. I have corrected the issue.

Oh yes, quite a lot. Dune is unquestionably my favourite work of fiction. Even my username here is from Dune. "Soo soo sook" is the cry of the water sellers on Arrakis. 

Soo soo sook

I am currently reading it,and somehow every name is Freaking Turko-Arabic-Persian,And ''Soo Soo Sook'' is too because Su means Water in Turkish and you can hear Vendors selling it yell ''Su Soğuk su! (Water,Cold Water) in practicly any urban place or road in Turkey) It is weird when a Western book uses so many terms we use.

Frank Herbert wanted to capture what our culture might be like in the distant future. I absolutely adore his use of language in the book. How he mixes and modifies elements of languages from all over earth.

Yeah like Padishah-Emperor (Padishah means Emperor by the way so Double-Emperor xD ) I mean yes it is set in a planet akin to the scape of Arabia but still seeing so much Islamic Terms and Words from the Languages that practice it is weird especially considering it's not used in a mocking manner.I can say Frank Herbert did understand the Meanings much better than what Media makes out of it today such as the meaning behind Jihad (Struggle).

I agree that Herbert did quite a good job. The popular misuse of many Islamic terms has always bothered me as well. How far are you into the book, by the way? 

Ah, I see. Duke Leto is likely my favourite character in the book. Except perhaps Kynes, Stilgar, and Chani. Well... let's say they're all equal in my opinion. 

I still need to finish outlining mechanics, those who have not yet made characters need to do so. I also need to finish my character. I have been quite busy with RL matters as of late, unfortunately, so I have not made as much progress as I would have liked. Once I've moved back to uni and everything, I should have significantly more free time. My best estimate would be sometime near the end of August. 

Well there is no rush I just wanted to ask.I would've offered to help but to be truthfull I HATE maths and anything realated to it ¬¬ but Ask away if you need any help.

Oh I think I have things under control at the moment. You can, however, ask questions on anything you want me to expand on in the lore. That'll tell me what's important enough to add to it before we start.

Well first of all the Map,your explanation is okay but leaves a lot to imagination And then there is the level of Technology

Users who are viewing this thread

Back