Other The 25+ Crowd

My bad homie - (I gotta be the least gangsta otter in existence) was really just agreeing to the classy posts xD

ebefedd79e7911cf43e356b3c25331d9.jpg
I see, well then, carry on.

Sorry, was away for the weekend.

I'm a modern-times writer myself. Prefer present-day/near-future type things, though I have some fun dabbing in futuristic/post-apocalyptic sometimes. So long as the plot intrigues me, I'm always in.

Definitely more of a collaborator than a speed-poster. I take time, usually have a plan in mind for my post with at least one other person.

I cannot, for the life of me, write medieval fantasy. If there's any fantasy involved it's gotta be modern day fantasy type thing (ie. people with 'powers', paranormal, mythical creatures seen in today's world, etc).

Most of my characters have "face claims" of celebrities. I kind of play the whole "if this became a movie, who would I want to play my character" type thing, which makes it fun ^_^

Ummmm... I think that's all about my stuff. I have a thread of one-shot scenes that I've written before up in this forum somewhere if anyone wants to see what my writing is like. Other than that... *shifts awkwardly*

*edit* shamelessly added a link to my one-shot scenes page...

Unforgivable that you were away all weekend. Tsk-tsk.

I read all your one-shots - seriously wonderful and gold star worthy. I freaking approve.

I'm with you on the whole "people with 'powers', paranormal, mythical creatures seen in today's world, etc" thing. I've, somewhat surprisingly, never delved into post-apocalyptic stuff but it appeals to me greatly. Also, collaborating is an absolute must. Though I'm accustomed to leading scenes and plot lines, boy does it get old after a while. Exhausting even.

The only thing I have in the way of worthwhile writing samples can be found here. These are from an old IC character blog and I've done lots of RP since I wrote it all, but nothing that qualifies in a standalone kind of way. The main character featured in these entries was quite the romantic figure, so excuse the tone of them. Nothing in these is explicit or anything, no worries.

I guess I'm late to this party. Whatever.

Uhm.
I'm 30, I've got the best husband in the world, childfree, stuck in a cow town in Germany in a neighborhood of contemptible bitches. I get super frustrated here because: I am not Chief so&so's wife, I'm me and I've had a pretty interesting life before him. But these Dependa bitches don't get that here. So I keep to myself. I'm way too educated for my own good and I think it makes me look snide or something but I truly don't give a fuck what any haters might think... but whatever. I read a lot and I earned my college debt, damnit. I drink my whiskey straight (3 ice cubes), I like my music loud, and I'm a take-no-prisoners hilarious bitch. I've been accused of being a humorless snob, but that's a damn lie -- I am not humourless.

Oh thank god this thread exists - I've been feeling like an old lady reading through threads authored by 12 year olds....

I'm 27 with a full-time job that makes responding every day nearly impossible (shift-work is a pain sometimes).
The idea that in the next five years I'll probably be married with children terrifies me.
I love me some gaming (tabletop, board, or video), cartoons, fantasy/sci-fi reading, etc.
I'm at a point where sarcasm comes more naturally than straight-talking.

I'm extremely rusty, but wanting to get my writing mojo back, and always found roleplaying to be particularly handy for that! And I'd rather connect with people who were alive when the Soviet Union collapsed.

Oh thank god this thread exists - I've been feeling like an old lady reading through threads authored by 12 year olds....

I'm 27 with a full-time job that makes responding every day nearly impossible (shift-work is a pain sometimes).
The idea that in the next five years I'll probably be married with children terrifies me.
I love me some gaming (tabletop, board, or video), cartoons, fantasy/sci-fi reading, etc.
I'm at a point where sarcasm comes more naturally than straight-talking.

I'm extremely rusty, but wanting to get my writing mojo back, and always found roleplaying to be particularly handy for that! And I'd rather connect with people who were alive when the Soviet Union collapsed.
Married!? Kids!? Nooooooooooo!!!!!

Married!? Kids!? Nooooooooooo!!!!!

I know, right?! I can barely manage myself consistently, let alone little versions of me! I'm not ready for that level of adulting. I'm just glad that I've somehow managed to maintain a long-term relationship considering how scary commitment is....

**In old person voice** Bingo at 7:30 down at the senior center. Time to fire up the amigo! Don't forget to tell Mabel, she's a bit forgetful these days. Merrrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back