Sword Art Online Idea

Coro

Evil Overlord of the Rebellion
The new anime Sword Art Online has piqued my interest, and I hope to convey it's awesomeness in RP form, as I feel the main concepts and system will transfer over well.

My idea for the RP will only incorporate settings and concepts, no characters, story elements are a maybe.

So, the basic introductory idea to the plot is a virtual reality game. In the future, games have become so advanced that you can literally join in the game yourself via the user interface, which goes on like a helmet, and incorporates your nervous system into the game's controls. The newest MMORGP (massively multiplayer online roleplaying game, for those unfamiliar with the terminology) Is set to be released today, and is free to play. From the mind of award winning game developer, Scott Irvine, who pioneered the system. Anyone with the interface can access it, and play.

Some people can become lost in these alternate realities for days, weeks at a time. What if something were to happen if all the gamers became locked in the system, casual and hardcore alike? What if death in the game, meant death for real?

The RP's core principles will be based on combat, and I will try to create a levelling system so it plays a lot like a video game. But other portions of RPGs, such as lifestyle elements will be there as well. With a fully fleshed out game before the players, how will they choose to play?

Leave comments and questions, and maybe I'll have a sign-up soon.

Sword Art Online is amazing, however they way they are executing the episode. For people that haven't seen SOA (Sword Art Online) it is much like .Hack if you've seen that anime instead.

I for one would like to join this RP, for it has a lot of potential...that is if Coro doesn't mess it up.

Well, I actually just took a peek at the first episode to see what the hype was about, and I quite agree, this could be done fantastically as an rp. No pressure coro XP

Very interesting concept. I so want in...So long as I can use a falcata. One question,though...Is this anime dubbed?

The anime is dubbed, however if coro does it right the first couple of floors only contain normal swords, different armour, and items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back