Journal stupid people

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Sensei Fox]For those of you struggling to comprehend the situation, I'll put it to rest for you.
Alex joined an RP thread based in a Walking Dead like apocalypse in the casual section. He first made unrealistic characters even for a zombie apocalypse with little to no detail and even using a nail gun as a weapon. After an amount of discussion with the thread creator and other members of the thread, he was accepted under the assumption that he would follow the rule of posting at least a short paragraph in character. He did not post in character for most of his time in the In Character thread and when he did post it was one lined post. This broke the rules stated of not posting out of character content on the In Character tab and that posts should be at least a paragraph.

Other thread members as well as the creator of the thread discussed the matter by PM and settled that Alex was not fit for the thread. Having prior experience with Alex on other threads and knowing that it is his norm to RP on a Simple level in Casual threads, I was tasked with killing his characters by the thread creator. His characters were killed of and he was informed of this in the same post. After his characters being killed, he threw somewhat of a tantrum in the Out Of Character tab while I tried to offer him solutions so that he could roleplay more effectively elsewhere. There was some name calling by one of the members that was uncalled for but it was not the main argument made against him.

The main problem is the clash of skill level against the type of thread as well as specific rules set by the thread creator. We have nothing against Alex, he was just in the wrong thread for his skill level.

[/QUOTE]
I saw this conversation; one of your members was very rude to Alex and called him many things. In my opinion the situation would've been better handled if you spoke to him in PM, not killed his character off out of the blue.

It was an unfortunate situation that was poorly handled on many levels.

Number one being that GM should NEVER give permission to anyone to kill off someone else's character without first informing the person whose character is involved. That, IMHO is just rude and I would hesitate STRONGLY before ever joining that person's RP, if I saw that happening.

Number two being the rudeness with which Alex was received after having been told his character was now dead (and the manner in which it was done) -- It was unnecessary to be so condescending... particularly in the public thread, visible to all. This should have been handled in PMs.

Number three, this post. Alex - it sucks what happened and I'm sorry... but making a thread like this only adds fuel to the fire. The best thing you can do is move on from what happened - report the person who called you names (because that IS against site rules) - and enjoy your experience in another RP, where they aren't as inclined to exhibit elitist behavior.

I feel as though @alex the fox should have been kept in the loop at all times. Seeing as though this might not have been the case, it's still under the GM's call the kick whoever they want. The way that it was handled was poor, and the lack of consideration that they showed was unfortunate.

All of this whould have been handled in a PM I think as well.

Alex - Then you aren't doing yourself or frankly the staff any favors. Reporting the abuse of the rules is the only way the staff can make sure it doesn't happen to other people.

Looks like this discussion has come to a solid end. Before we desentigrate into something unlovely, I will be locking the thread.

You all have very valid points and I thank yall for the input here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back