• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Stonewall Riots

Cosment

Keeper of the Universe

PDiBYlk.png

[media]

[/media]

6359464233731316402110788880_tumblr_matjdmj5mH1rgghp0o1_500.gif

On June 28th, 1969, New York police raided the Stonewall Inn, a bar known to welcome the LGBT community in a time where suspicion of being queer earned hundreds jail time, being fired from jobs, and violent beatings in the street by the people who were supposed to protect and uphold their rights. There were anti-queer laws like being unable to wear fewer than three articles of clothing that correspond with one's sex. Being out and open gave grounds for accusation of mental illness, allowing doctors and psychiatrists to perform conversion therapy often conducted with electricity and, in some cases, lobotomies.

220px-Stonewall_Inn_1969.jpg

With so much to lose, the LGBT community fought for their quality of life to be improved, but tensions only rose in New York City. Regularly, demonstrations and protests guaranteed to be legal by the first amendment were being repressed by law enforcement. Violence against queer people skyrocketed, and any discussion on rights was shut down by rhetoric and hate.

A group of vagrants have experienced this brutal reality first-hand. Squatting in an abandoned apartment building, they are all closely knit family who looks out for their own. With a diverse set of skills, each person owns unique experiences which have allowed them to survive for this long. Now, they must defend their homeland as the police seek to crack down on areas known to be populated with homeless LGBTQ folks. They must fight to survive in a world without acceptance and stay optimistic about their futures.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll tag y'all once it's finished. i'm polishing the formatting to the best of my abilities.

the thread for this will be completed by the weekend. sorry for the delay but a full time job takes up a lot of my time

Cosment said:
the thread for this will be completed by the weekend. sorry for the delay but a full time job takes up a lot of my time
Hello. Is it ready? The weekend is past.

With the recent shootings I'm feeling very conflicted on this. Part of me wants to join so bad in order to honor all the victims and this huge struggle we've all had, but another part of me just feels that it wouldn't be right...

To be honest,

I just want to throw a molotov into a wall of riot police.

While I like the idea of giving awareness I suppose? It seems kind of distasteful since this can cause an uproar, and idiots who are ignorant will probably bring their crap into there and I don't think it would end well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back