• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starfall Initiative: Eons Apart

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
It was now apparent that Kat’s hints were not obvious enough. “The treatment for the atrial tachycardia - which is gradually worsening the cardiomyopathy - is a surgical one; we need to manage your condition before it turns into heart failure, but given you are awake, we require your consent.”

Kat paused, gauging Gyanna’s response, before continuing on. “Either way, the procedure we would perform is called a cardiac ablation. It is where we insert a catheter through a blood vessel with a camera on the end, before we put a tiny scar in the heart using temperature via the catheter. This is used to correct your atrial tachycardia, and aims to stabilise your heart’s deterioration. We believe this to be the best course of action out of the few.” Due to complications, beta blockers were often only used in necessity. Given that Gyanna’s atrial tachycardia was also focal, that meant this surgery would be more suitable.

By now, they had also started moving Mira out of the emergency/trauma bay; probably to make room in case others needed it.

They would do the same to Gyanna in due time, though Kat wanted to keep Gyanna and Mira in the same location. She thought it would be good for Mira to have company since her other allies were potentially missing alongside Axiom, since they had no idea of the extent of this disaster.

Kat would still check this with Gyanna. She finally had the name of the ambassador in her head. “Gyanna, I was going to talk about preventative measures but, I will have Dr. Paragonsky discuss them with you once you are situated somewhere other than the emergency wing. The area Admiral Volkova has been placed is a two bed, and knowing her? She’d like company, and you clearly have good intent. Particularly as Axiom is not around, I am willing to let you occupy the other bed, given the exceptional circumstances. It is up to you if you wish to, though; that and you’ll have someone you recognise until a room on the ward is free, thus you’ll be kept safe.”

Kat had also predicted that Gyanna was looking for her PDA; ambassadors love to have their PDA’s on them and Kat was also giving tons of information. Unfortunately, Kat did not get the chance to grab it before running off. It had more than likely sustained significant damage either way.

“I’m more than happy to write what we’ve spoken about up for you and preventative measures, if you’d like.”

Gyanna was more dazed than she thought, apparently. Only when Kat had spelled it out for her did she realize what she was going at. She nodded slowly, trying to collect her thoughts and put them back into order – she was unhappy with how long her mind took to come back. She focused on the question at hand: surgery – heart failure – consent. Sure, of course, naturally in fact.
“Yes, sure, I give my consent. Where do I need to sign?”, Gyanna looked at Kat and quickly signed her name on all the necessary documents. All the potential risks of the surgery were explained to her. She nodded dutifully. Everything to get this over with – she just wanted to go back to how things used to be. Or rather, considering that Kat had explained that her heart would never really go back to 100% as close to this as possible.

After she had signed all the forms, Kat asked if she’d like to be transferred to the same room as Mira. Gyanna smiled at her – maybe for the first time in hours – and thanked her. “I greatly appreciate this, thank you. Thank you for being so considerate”. She never had a bad relationship with doctors in general per se, but this one definitely was an exceptional one. She even offered to send a full write up of what they had talked about to her.

Only a few minutes later she was transferred to the other room – the prep for her surgery would take a few hours, but there was no sense in keeping her in the emergency wing for that. She really missed her PDA – she would have loved to catch up with a bit of work. Finally, after arriving in the new room, was there a bit of silence. She could breathe and focus on her thoughts. She tried to systematically go through everything that happened. The explosion, her efforts of first aid, her collapsing…this day had been full of so much action and suspense that would typically last her one good year.

Gyanna looked around the room and saw the admiral’s bed next to her. She wasn’t sure if Mira was awake or not, but it was worth a shot:
“Hey there, admiral. How are you feeling?”
If she was lucky, she’d be able to talk to her before the surgery would begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back