• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Trek - Starfleet Academy - OOC

Would you like Faculty or would you rather just students?
If people are interested in faculty then I can make it work, in my experience in the couple of times trying to start this game on other sites in the past, Faculty characters have a hard time remaining involved with the plot and other characters. So I wouldn't want to have them unless i get a significant interest or if they can ensure they don't get left behind.

Most of the RP would be beyond the classroom, in dorms, on campus, parties, etc. so people who want to be faculty would also have to find a way around that too

Scavenger Scavenger thats a great pic what AI did you use, Mine was just a shitty edit of a pic I already had in like MSpaint or something lol, so i would love to get one that looks a bit higher quality

Scavenger Scavenger thats a great pic what AI did you use, Mine was just a shitty edit of a pic I already had in like MSpaint or something lol, so i would love to get one that looks a bit higher quality
I didn't end up using an ai in the end, I grabbed a photo of Brianna and then added the spots myself. I can't do one tonight but if you want me to do one for you tomorrow just send me the base picture and I can add the spots

Ah, if you are willing to do that I would very much appreciate it is the link. if you aren't able to do it that alright too, I can live with what I have

For major's do you reckon that there should probably be Medicine and some Tactical option that includes modules like (Advance hand to hand combat, Profficiency in projectile weapons, Proficiency in energy weapons) or do you reckon that tactical stuff are just general optional courses like, I'm assuming, command classes are?

For major's do you reckon that there should probably be Medicine and some Tactical option that includes modules like (Advance hand to hand combat, Profficiency in projectile weapons, Proficiency in energy weapons) or do you reckon that tactical stuff are just general optional courses like, I'm assuming, command classes are?
I originally imagined those as optional courses with a "medical" major being like Xeno/Exobiology, with then there being some sort of secondary test to get a medical license, if you took the requisite courses as well

I saw command modules but I didn't see enough to really make it a major. It would sort of make sense if it was just extra modules bolted on to a different course, which would also explain why cadets have a command track that they apply for once they're already cadets. Maybe there's a tactical track as well then?

my original thoughs on all of that was that from what we have seen in the shows, specifically Lower Decks for this, is that you are more or less picked for Command tracks once you are actually on a ship. Like I don't think Picard entered starfleet with a Captain Major to so speak. he specialized in something else, (I want to say it was mentioned that he did like interspecies diplomacy or Xenobiology or something, but I dont remember) but his captains noticed his potential and started to elevate him along the command track eventually resulting in Captain and Admiral.

So i think a lot of things are decided when you actually get onto a ship. the majors are broad and encompassing a lot, but then you can specialize further into them later down the road or depending on what courses you take. Like for Tactical I imagine that would be a Command major with a tactical minor/specialization so to speak and they would take more classes on hand to hand combat, etc rather then say, diplomacy and etc.

Also Scavenger Scavenger while we don't have to be, since a planet is a big place, may be fun since we are both Trills from Trill is we knew each other before the RP started if you want to

Also Scavenger Scavenger while we don't have to be, since a planet is a big place, may be fun since we are both Trills from Trill is we knew each other before the RP started if you want to
I think this could be cool especially as Asra was anti starfleet when she was younger so it could make an interesting interaction when they meet again at the academy. Maybe they met when they were attending classes on joining at the commission?

my original thoughs on all of that was that from what we have seen in the shows, specifically Lower Decks for this, is that you are more or less picked for Command tracks once you are actually on a ship. Like I don't think Picard entered starfleet with a Captain Major to so speak. he specialized in something else, (I want to say it was mentioned that he did like interspecies diplomacy or Xenobiology or something, but I dont remember) but his captains noticed his potential and started to elevate him along the command track eventually resulting in Captain and Admiral.

So i think a lot of things are decided when you actually get onto a ship. the majors are broad and encompassing a lot, but then you can specialize further into them later down the road or depending on what courses you take. Like for Tactical I imagine that would be a Command major with a tactical minor/specialization so to speak and they would take more classes on hand to hand combat, etc rather then say, diplomacy and etc.
I like this as an idea, maybe you can take some command modules in your later years, because I think cadets have to serve an amount of time on starships? Maybe all of the disciplines work like that so you have a command track, tactical track, operations track, engineering track and science track for everyone who wants to serve on a starship where you need a wider grounding than other federation postings. So if you had a major in engineering to get onto the engineering track in your last year you would need to take modules on practical methods and fixes, meaning that a astrophysics major could also become an engineer they would just have to do more modules to bring them up to speed?

I like this as an idea, maybe you can take some command modules in your later years, because I think cadets have to serve an amount of time on starships? Maybe all of the disciplines work like that so you have a command track, tactical track, operations track, engineering track and science track for everyone who wants to serve on a starship where you need a wider grounding than other federation postings. So if you had a major in engineering to get onto the engineering track in your last year you would need to take modules on practical methods and fixes, meaning that a astrophysics major could also become an engineer they would just have to do more modules to bring them up to speed?
Yeah pretty much. I mean if you’re going to be working on a warp engine you should know at least the basics of astrophysics and vice versa. So I would say there is a lot of cross training through the various disciplines just some get more specialized later. Because I think the way Starfleet tends to think is that even a lowly cadet should be able to make do in all respects in case of a dire emergency

I think this could be cool especially as Asra was anti starfleet when she was younger so it could make an interesting interaction when they meet again at the academy. Maybe they met when they were attending classes on joining at the commission?
That works yeah! Their symbiotes shouldn’t know each other since the whole “meeting each other again is taboo” thing

Has Tal been starfleet before? Also how old was Celene when she got Tal?
No the Tal symbiote has not been starfleet before, I haven't thought too much of it, but this is a new experience for both entities. I imagine that Tal has been Starfleet adjacent, maybe a diplomat, or scientist that has worked with the Federation and Starfleet before but not a part of it.

No the Tal symbiote has not been starfleet before, I haven't thought too much of it, but this is a new experience for both entities. I imagine that Tal has been Starfleet adjacent, maybe a diplomat, or scientist that has worked with the Federation and Starfleet before but not a part of it.
That's fair, definitely makes sense that they wouldn't know each other then as Tek's been in starfleet on ships for the last many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back