• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Trek: Starfleet Academy - Ex Astris, Scienta

Golden Spider

This is an idea that I have tried to do multiple times, across multiple sites. believe me I had the idea first even if Paramount is making a Starfleet Academy show (/s) just recently found this site so I wanted to give it another shot

BScWKTY.png

Congratulations Cadet for completing the Starfleet Academy Preparatory Program! Your acceptance into Starfleet Academy has been completed and we await your arrival at the Academy Campus in San Francisco, California, Earth, no later than Stardate 90586.43. On behalf of all faculty on campus we wish you the best journey through the Starfleet Academy and hope we can help thrust you on a meaningful career in Starfleet and the Federation.

Upon arrival at the Academy campus, head to the registrar's office to select your major and receive your room assignment and uniform. Uniforms must be worn at all times on campus from the hours of 0500 to 1700, weekends are the only exception. if you are still unsure about your major attached is a List of the available courses and majors, as well as the mandatory courses all freshmen are required to attend

Sincerely,
Ferris Aldherrman
Dean of Starfleet Academy

This is it, after years of planning and vigorous studying you have finally been accepted into Starfleet Academy for the new year, you will have many trials ahead of you. as you rush to get everything packed you take another look at a copy of the admissions form you filled out months ago...

[float=left]PLAYER FACECLAIM OR IMAGE HERE (if you have one)
[/float]
Player Name: (Your Username)
Name: (Your characters name)
Age: (standard college ish age. generally 18-25. Older then that is of course possible but rare. May accept faculty as well based on interest)
Species: (What Star Trek alien race you are, from Human, Vulcan, Trill, Betased, Klingon, etc. OC Races may be accepted based on interest, Attached will be a list of recommended species for people unfamiliar to Star Trek)
Home Planet: (what planet are you from. this is the 23rd century. Humans are no longer confined to just earth. you can be a Klingon from earth, or a human from Bajpr, etc.)
Sexuality: (again self explanatory)
Appearance: (you can do either this or Faceclaim/reference pic/etc)
Personality: (Also Self Explanatory)
What major are you thinking of pursuing: (choose from a list of attached majors, mostly for flavor most RPing will be done in the between classes times)
Faceclaim: (again you can do this or appearance)

and attached along with it, the short essay that the application team required about yourself

Bio:

Soon enough you had everything ready to go, and you made your way towards whatever method of transportation you were using to get to earth and soon enough arrived on campus along with the other new freshmen to start your career in Starfleet, that is if you can last to graduation.

(first image graciously created by Miscellany years ago, on a different site, if by somehow you are reading this Thank you still. and I will love to have you on board again)

Map of the campus:

bs43nDC.jpg

Astrophysics
Engineering
Exoarcheology
Exobiology
probability mechanics
Xenolinguistics
Zoology
Command & Control
Interspecies Medicine

First-year mandatory courses​

Astrotheory 101
Basic warp design
basic hand to hand combat
Biochemistry
Communications
Early Starfleet History
Earth History
Interspecies Ethics & Protocol
Medicine 101
Survival Strategies 101

Major specific courses​
-Astrophysics-
Advanced Subspace Geometry
Astrophysics
Astrosciences
Beam Technology
Fractal Calculus
Stellar Cartography
Temporal Mechanics
Advanced Navigation
Flight Control

-Engineering & probability mechaics-
Beam Technology
Transporter Theory
Warp Theory
Elementary Temporal Mechanics
Fractal Calculus
Probability mechanics
Quantum Chemistry
Statistical Mechanics
Turn-of-the-Millennium Technology

-exoarcheology, exobiology, xenolinguistics & zoology-

Xenolinguistics
Xenobiology
Klingon Physiology
Forensic Psychology
Inter-stellar Ethnology
Exobiology/Xenobiology
Exochemistry
Anatomical and Forensic Pathology
Ancient Philosophies
Anthropology
Archaeology
Communications

Electives​
Robotics
Creative Writing

For ease of use for people not familiar with Star Trek, below will be a shortened list of species that are available to pick from, if theres a species you remember from any books, games, movies, or specific episodes that aren't listed they are still 100% accepted! this is just to help people not be overwhelmed by the gazillions of options

Species

The Andorians were a warp-capable humanoid species from the moon Andoria, capital of the Andorian Empire, in the Alpha Quadrant. In 2161, their homeworld became a founding member of the United Federation of Planets. Typically are of light blue skin and white hair, with antennae on the top of their head

The Bajorans, or Bajora, were a humanoid species native to the planet Bajor in the Alpha Quadrant. The Bajorans had one of the oldest and richest cultures in the quadrant, though in the 24th century, they suffered greatly at the hands of the Cardassian Union. With their liberation from the Cardassians and the discovery of the Bajoran wormhole in 2369, the Bajorans were thrust onto the interstellar stage. Bajorans resembled Humans in appearance. They were distinguished by a series of four to seven horizontal creases across their noses.

The Betazoids or Betazeds were a telepathic humanoid civilization originating from the Federation planet Betazed in the Alpha Quadrant. , Externally, Betazoids are physically indistinguishable from Humans in every aspect but one: the irises of their eyes were completely black.

The Ferengi were a warp-capable humanoid species from the planet Ferenginar. Ferengi civilization was built on free enterprise, where earning profit was the sole meaningful goal in life, superseding all other endeavors. To the Borg, they were known as Species 180. Despite their misogynistic views, small stature, lack of shame, and extreme obsession with profit, the Ferengi are one of the most underestimated species in all of the Alpha Quadrant. They are usually extremely intelligent, can possess great cunning, and can sometimes hide that fact very convincingly. They can also possess a great aptitude for economics, sciences, and engineering, and they are the among the best negotiators in the galaxy in regards to earning profits and deals without resorting to armed conflict.

A founding member of the United Federation of Planets, Earth became warp-capable in 2063, which was the same year Humans experienced first official contact with an alien species, the Vulcans. The first warp-drive was engaged on April 5th of that year by Zefram Cochrane. By the 24th century, Human society had changed from what it was for most of recorded history. On Earth, hunger, war, disease, famine, and poverty had largely been eliminated. The acquisition of wealth was no longer the primary driving force in the lives of many Humans. A great deal of emphasis was placed on the importance of continued social and personal development.

The Klingons were a humanoid warrior species that originated from the planet Qo'noS (pronounced Kronos), an M-class planet in the Beta Quadrant. One of the major powers of the galaxy, the Klingons were a proud, tradition-bound people who valued honor and combat. The aggressive Klingon culture had made them an interstellar military power to be respected and feared. Once feared enemies of the Federation the Klingon Empire is now a steadfast ally of the Federation, helping them beat back the Dominion in the recent Dominion War. Klingon's in Starfleet are rare, but there is one famous example in Worf, son of Mogh.

The Tellarites were a warp-capable pig-like humanoid species from the planet Tellar Prime in the Alpha Quadrant. In 2161, their homeworld became a founding member of the United Federation of Planets.

The Trill, or Trills, were a humanoid species native to the planet Trill in the Alpha Quadrant. A small percentage of the Trill population harbored a sentient lifeform known as a symbiont inside their bodies, a symbiotic relationship that played a significant role in Trill culture and society. Such "joined" Trill had personalities that were a synthesis of the two beings, and could access the memories and skills of previous hosts. Since the 23rd century, the Trill have played an important role in the Federation. (Being a joined Trill is uncommon but not unusual, I will accept both joined and regular trill)

The Vulcans, or Vulcanians, were a warp-capable humanoid species from the planet Vulcan. They were widely renowned for their strict adherence to logic and reason as well as their remarkable stoicism.

In 2161, their homeworld became a founding member of the United Federation of Planets

And lastly, this is a game that will embody the Tenants of Star Trek: Acceptance, Equity, and a brighter future together. this game will not accept any of the horrible things the internet is known for, including sexism, racism, anti-LGBTQ Sentiment, and above all, any Gatekeeping. Nobody needs to have any knowledge of Trek to be here or have fun, and people ragging on others because they dont know X, or haven't watched Y will NOT be allowed. (but if you're just friendly-ly saying "oh man you really should watch its great" thats fine, but don't pressure or force

Hope to see you on Campus!

Last edited:
I would be interested in trying this. I'll admit I'm kind out of the loop with current Star Trek, as most of my exposure to it in the past was reruns on TV and the movies. However I do believe that I know enough to fit in a Starfleet Academy rp, and whatever I don't know can be filled in by the Star Trek Wiki, which I think is called Memory Alpha. Anyways, I have no particular character concept in mind, so no species or major yet, but I'll think more about it later today. Also one question: are we allowed to play as other canon species besides the one's you listed, provided they aren't overpowered?

Welcome aboard! And yeah you can play any alien species you want beyond those listed. Those listed are just kinda the “core” species listed for people who don’t know anything about trek

Thanks for the quick response! Another question: what era of Star Trek is this set in? Original Series, movie era, Next Gen, something else?

Thanks for the quick response! Another question: what era of Star Trek is this set in? Original Series, movie era, Next Gen, something else?
Sorry! Thought I replied to this already. I am thinking set after the dominion war. So post DS9. But probably before the events of Picard

Hey I am interested although I feel I must admit much of my Star Trek knowledge comes from Lower Decks 😅

Hello! I'm deeply interested, I grew up watching old Star Trek (I loved the DS9 series to death)! My chronological memory isn't great so I'll have to brush up on it but I'd love to give this a shot ^^

I think 5 players to start should be fine for at least a full thread. what do you all think? or should we wait for a bit more interest

I think 5 players to start should be fine for at least a full thread. what do you all think? or should we wait for a bit more interest
I think we're good but it's up to you. I noticed a character sheet in the original post here so should we use that one and send it to you or will there be a character sheet thread that opens soon? Apologies, just a tad confused

I think we're good but it's up to you. I noticed a character sheet in the original post here so should we use that one and send it to you or will there be a character sheet thread that opens soon? Apologies, just a tad confused
You can use that one yeah! Honestly Im pretty new to this site so im not sure how things work. if that is a faux pas for an interest check or not.

You can use that one yeah! Honestly Im pretty new to this site so im not sure how things work. if that is a faux pas for an interest check or not.
No its alright! Some group interest checks have a character sheet thread and/or an OOC thread in Extra Pages for any questions and to see how many people submit character sheets. Some people don't open character sheet submissions until there is enough interest so that's why I was asking ^^;

For people to reference, here is my Character Sheet (CS) for the character I will be playing

hDWcB9V.jpeg

Player Name: Golden Spider
Name: Celene Tal
Species: Trill (Joined)
Home Planet: Trill
Sexuality: Omni-sexual
Appearance: Celene is a brunette with long brown hair that matches her signature trill spots visible on her face and neck, she typically wears her hair down, but does the occasional braid when she's working with something that may catch it.
Personality: Celene is dedicated and energetic, She is all about new experiences and sensations, and had always had a wanderlust in her heart, but also a desire for knowledge, those traits have just been heightened since she was joined with the Tal symbiote
What major are you thinking of pursuing: Double major of Xenobiology & Xenolinguistics
Faceclaim: I honestly don't know, I've used this pic for ages (with now some slight edits to adding the Trill dots) and not even google lens can find a name for her

and attached along with it, the short essay that the application team required about yourself

Bio: Celene had always been a wickedly smart kid fascinated with the galaxy around her, even from a young age she had been secretly selected for the joining process when she had come of age, pending of course how she did in her studies. Her fascination with all the various species of life and cultures of the Federation led to her being fluent in Ancient Trill, Federation Standard, and even Klingon by the age of 10, something that a lot of people attribute to her symbiote, but that was 100% Celene's doing. Now that she is Joined and has been for a couple years, she decided to go off and explore the galaxy, to satiate her own desire to learn whatever she could, but also the Symbiote's desire to do the same. Yet at the same time she also wanted to help people, so signing up for Starfleet Academy was an easy choice, The fact that attending such an illustrious institution was also going to be a novel experience for Cel just made it better.

As the great Jadzia Dax once said on Deep Space Nine; "I have intimate memories of being a man, a woman, a father, and a mother" Celene with the Tal symbiote is much the same, so her sexuality is very fluid, she is not attracted to any one specific biological gender, but to anyone and everyone.

Last edited:
I'm throwing my metaphorical hat into the ring, please let me know if there's anything that should be adjusted.

AD_4nXcWN_aTQ4bHPu4v26YueaCcA5dJPqNQdYI6qbGMRvepYV20FCsTe3VHoFB4KPM0afYO7QJzVKZhoVbU-yoc1gegL9lIBmTpCBrRtUh-FY9hyEuN2mgcTIksAZ5_B-ADjXzKvRaLBQ7JZzIkAoFdTZcpSgc

Player Name: Darkish.Light
Name: Phoebe Monroe
Species: Betazoid
Home Planet: Betazed
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: Similar to the picture above, Phoebe is dark-skinned with black pupils. Phoebe’s curly hair is a mix of brown and black that hangs just below her shoulders. While on campus, her hair is usually tied up and is rarely down. She can be seen wearing large round glasses from time to time.
Personality: Phoebe Monroe is an adventurous and ambitious person with a deep love for old technology. She’s always exploring new ideas and is fascinated by vintage gadgets. Her rebellious nature means she often challenges authority and traditional rules. Driven to succeed, Phoebe uses her curiosity and determination to carve her own path. Humans may consider her brutally honest or blunt since she doesn’t understand why one would lie to spare others' feelings. She is not particularly social and constantly tries to block out other’s thoughts or emotions.
What major are you thinking of pursuing: Engineering
Faceclaim: @jasmeannnn on instagram

Bio: Phoebe is one of the rare betazoids who are born with innate telepathic abilities and as such she is extremely gifted. However, she still struggles to filter out the commotion of other people’s minds when she is in crowded spaces. Due to this, she inspires to become a starship engineer, where it is easier to isolate and get things done. Phoebe greatly enjoyed taking things apart and putting them back together as a child. In her adolescence, she frequently visited Earth because her mother was an ambassador. During these trips, she became fascinated with old Earth technology and tore apart any old tech she could get her hands on to understand how it worked. Then, she would try to put it back together. She got better at it as she got older, but not without a few monumental failures. Due to her mother’s influence, her innate telepathic abilities, and her impressive track record of fixing what could not be fixed, she was an easy pick for Starfleet Academy.

Last edited:
Finished up a character sheet. Let me know if anything needs changing.

zr3oIAl.png

Player Name: Lost Martian

Name: Cr’asii

Species: Caitian

Home Planet: Cait

Sexuality: Asexual

Appearance: Standing at 6’2’’, Cr’asii is taller than most humans, with a bulky build supported by a lifetime of exercise. Cr’asii’s entire body is covered in fur, mostly black in color, save some white patches. His face is clearly feline like, with triangle ears, whiskers, and the blue eyes of a hunter. While Caitians have similar hands and feet to Humans, they are able to go quadrupedal and run on all fours. Cr’asii also has a tail, one coated in black fur except for the white tip.

Cr’asii’s years on the fringe of society has left him with some remnants. These include dark tribal style tattoos that cover most of his body, piercings on his ears, and various scars or other marks left by combat. When not wearing his Starfleet uniform, Cr’asii tends to dress in basic clothing, suited for whatever task he is doing. So a lot of black, whites, tans, and grays.

Personality: Cr’asii is an exceptionally bright young man, but he is still naive about certain aspects of the universe. He is led by a burning need to pursue knowledge, regardless of what lengths he needs to go to to obtain it. This vast pool of knowledge does make it so Cr’asii can easily strike up a conversation with someone and have something to talk about. The issue for this is when a conversation turns to emotions or other more intangible concepts, Cr’asii has a hard time maintaining the conversation.

Cr’asii’s years spent with the shadier elements of the galaxy has left him with some fears about a lack of control. This can manifest in both him viewing the Federation as a needed means of control in the universe, as well as Cr’asii trying to maintain as much control as possible over his own life.

Cr’asii can also be clueless to certain social cues, missing out on irony, sarcasm and things like that. Part of this clueless nature is with his sexuality. Cr’asii just seems to assume that he’s never met the right partner, even though he has literally never been attracted to anyone or felt the need for such experiences.

What major are you thinking of pursuing: Exo-archeology

Face claim: Art by Ti-R on Deviantart

Bio: Born one of the rarer black furred Caitian breeds, Cr’asii would be raised in a small village far away from the capital city of the planet Cait. Both of his parents were science officers in the Federation’s Starfleet, their expertise being in both archeology and anthropology. However they had taken a leave of absence to return to their home world to raise their young, as was tradition in their region of the planet. From a young age Cr’asii would be interested in his parents’ work, reading up on various cultures throughout both the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. It wouldn’t be too long before Cr’asii wanted to leave Cait and explore the stars.

He would get the chance when his parents deemed him old enough to be able to live aboard a starship. Returning to Starfleet, Cr’asii’s parents would be assigned to the USS Galileo, a science ship that researched potential planets to join the Federation. Naturally Cr’asii would be brought along, immediately getting along with other kids of crew who were on the ship. While Cr’asii would love this life, he would eventually view the Federation as too hands off when it came to understanding cultures of interest. This eventually led Cr’asii to decide not to enroll in Starfleet when he came of the age.

His parents didn’t take the news well, as they had both envisioned Cr’asii following in their steps. So when he turned eighteen Cr’asii would leave the USS Galileo, initially heading to Earth. Once there Cr’asii would find himself a position as crew aboard a deep space hauler. Cr’asii would try and use this opportunity to discover new worlds and learn as much about them as possible. However, his idealized vision of traveling the universe was soon shattered by the realities of these less than legal ventures.

In only a few short years Cr’asii would see many terrible things done as he existed in the Alpha Quadrant’s shady underbelly. Eventually he would have enough of it, and would reevaluate the Federation as not so bad. Once he got the chance Cr’asii would jump ship and hitch hike his way to Cait. Once there he would reconnect with his parents, who were thrilled to see him. However they did notice a change in him, and not just a physical one with his tattoos, piercings, and scars.

Eventually Cr’asii and his family would decide that he still had a chance of being a part of Starfleet, as he was still the smart Caitian of previous years, just a little more jaded. Nervous at first, Cr’asii would eventually go through the application process, receiving surprise help from a former officer aboard the USS Galileo who acted as a reference. Cr’asii would be pleased to find himself accepted, before jumping on the next ship to Earth, not wanting to wait any longer for this opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back