Smashfists and Melee?

Coyotekin said:
I think the other big issue that Fomoria was touching on had to with the fact that Smashfists are classified as being a melee weapon as well. This led to the comment about flailing the weapon around like a club.
Basically, how would you justify classifying a cestus as a Melee weapon?
It gives me the ability to Hadouken people.

Seriously. This is why we let it win.

Chaka said:
It gives me the ability to Hadouken people.
Seriously. This is why we let it win.
According to a strict interpretation of the rules, you can do that barehanded. The bolt itself is the Melee action, and there is nothing stating that the Solar's "weapon" must be a Melee type. You could also use it with a bow, or a shuriken, or a headbutt. Yes, you can shoot fire from your forehead. And theoretically any body part you can imagine.

Combo: Blazing Solar Bolt + First Melee Excellency + Hungry Tiger Technique + Fire and Stones Strike + Thunderbolt Attack Prana + Seven Shadow Evasion

Title: Glorious Solar Fart

Cost: (7+)m+3wp

Mins: Melee 5, Athletics 3, Dodge 4, Essence 3

XP Cost: 17

Combo Description: The Solar turns around and bends over. A blazing bolt of energy flies from his rear end, crackling like fire and smelling of burning methane. It strikes his enemy with unbelievable force.

:|

Plus, it'd look more like a kamehameha than a hadouken.

Smeggedoff said:
hot damn, I just realised that if you go back a charm to iron raptor you get rocket punch!
BROKEN MAGNUM!
Psch, the Gum-gum fruit is WAY better than the Chop-chop fruit :P

different anime there but ok :P

course it's better, none wants a power that lets someone pull of your own head and shove it up your own arse while you're still alive and concious (conscious? consious? godammit)

Hate to bear bad news but BSB requires you make a melee attack. So no farting. You could stunt it with a bow or something though.

jeriausx said:
Hate to bear bad news but BSB requires you make a melee attack. So no farting. You could stunt it with a bow or something though.
You shoot a bolt of fire, and it uses the Melee skill. It certainly doesn't require you to use a melee weapon to produce the bolt. It comes from your anima, after all.

Actually the bolt comes from between your caste mark and your weapon. You also can't roll Melee without a weapon.

I have a Melee weapon. The bolt of energy. It rolls Melee, it counts. You don't roll Melee to get the Charm done, the Charm provides the attack. It's simply an attack that rolls Melee. And isn't at all a Melee attack. But that's what Charms are for.

My farts are impervious to design intent!

no, you need a melee weapon to even use the charm

the charm being the thing that creates the bolt of energy going from your caste mark to your weapon.

farting fire before usign the charm is not melee....

...it's archery, Righteous devil style that way pls >

Smeggedoff said:
no, you need a melee weapon to even use the charm
the charm being the thing that creates the bolt of energy going from your caste mark to your weapon.

farting fire before usign the charm is not melee....

...it's archery, Righteous devil style that way pls >
So,

if the Exalt poo'd just a little, then pinched it off, then swung it about like a melee weapon then shot the Glorious Solar Bolt, that would be okay? It's an improvised weapon, after all. Hmm... might even work with Celestial Monkey Style.

if you get a 3 die stunt for making all the other players say "whoa"

what do you get for making the other players go "squick!"?

Smeggedoff said:
if you get a 3 die stunt for making all the other players say "whoa"
what do you get for making the other players go "squick!"?
Depends on the ST. I say it also has to be funny to get a stunt.

Some STs, you will probably get thrown out of the house.

I'm not exaggerating when I say "recruiting infinitely", you know. Just keep it somewhere below an R rating, mostly. If you can. If you can't, it's not a big deal, but it's better to rely on cleverness than shock value anyway.

Anyway, if you can't weild your ass as a melee weapon, turn it into a lobster trap. I pray someone gets the reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back