• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Skyfall [Small group RP max 3 people]

Golden Spider

Hello peeps! This is an odd one that just popped into my head based off a plot bunny I have had for years

I am seeking 3 individual players to craft a story with me, No more. (Though less is fine if people want to double up, I personally suck at doubling up so I would not like to do so)

MC1 and MC2 are the captain and first mate of the interstellar Ark Ship Horizon. Its sole mission is to help the human race to survive after a cataclysm rocked earth and sends it toward an extinction level event. You were supposed to sleep soundly in hyper sleep for the 75 years that it will take for you to get to Cersei Alpha X9. The planet that was chosen as the best possible option for you and the other arks to begin a new civilization.

Something however goes wrong. MC1 & MC2 never find out for sure. But somehow the ship is knocked off course hurtling towards a planet that was summarily ruled out by earth scientists for being completely devoid of any landmasses apart from sheer cliffs the rise far into the clouds and the pristine blue green waters of this ocean planet. To make matters worse. A large asteroid strikes the ship, hurtling it faster towards the planet. And also breaking the ship in half. The two of them, now rushed to the escape pods knowing that the rest of the crew would be safe in their hyper-sleep chambers.

When they come to they find themselves in two completely different environments. And untold distance away from each other. MC1 finds himself in a small rural village populated by strange angelic or bird like (I’m
Open to either) creatures and finds a rural civilization that is built on the literal clouds of this world; these people are skittish but generally friendly. Having been rescued from the crash site of his half of the ark ship along with the other survivors just coming out of hyper sleep where they meet MC3, one of the aforementioned Bird/Angel people . And MC2 wakes up to find their mouth covered by a strange device. Which she soon realizes is a breathing apparatus as she is completely underwater. Imprisoned by a race of fish-like humanoids along with the rest of her half of the ark passengers for intruding on their sovereign territory where they meet MC4, one of the aforementioned fish people.

The story follows these two groups of people of humans, Atlanteans and Atherians the clash of this various cultures. And how the arrivals of these strange humans threatens to respark a bloody war between the two home species that has been at peace for centuries

(I used gendered pronouns because that’s how I initially envisioned the plot and story but any MC can be played by any gender)

Do you have any preexisting idea on the cultures of the Aetherian and Atlantean cultures, or an idea of the general intended plot? Additionally, what is the literacy level wanted for the rp and frequency of responses wanted?

Do you have any preexisting idea on the cultures of the Aetherian and Atlantean cultures, or an idea of the general intended plot? Additionally, what is the literacy level wanted for the rp and frequency of responses wanted?
Hi. Yes. In my mind the aetherian culture and society is largely agrarian, themes of Incan culture, Mountain Terraced Farms etc, a largely peaceful and friendly society. While the Atlanean is more militant and industrial. The general plot is that the attempts of MC1 & 2 to both find each other and the other half of their missing crew and learning about the two cultures while also coming to terms that they have to find a way to survive here now, will slowly raise forgotten tensions between the two civilizations.

Literacy level is probably Medium to long posts, 2 paragraphs at minimum. proper grammar is expected but some slip ups are of course understandable. as for posting frequency that will really depend on who is interested and how available they think they could be. at Minimum probably once a week, but more is of course better

In this case I think I am interested. The part I was most worried about was the frequency given that I have a lot of coursework. But I think I'll manage.

Do you know which MC you want to play already?
Hi sorry! thought I responded to this already. I would probably want to play MC1 or 2

Also most of my RPs do involve romance, so I was also envisioning MC 1 and 3 to pair and MC 2 and 4 as well. but we don't have to do that if people do not want to

Hi sorry! thought I responded to this already. I would probably want to play MC1 or 2

Also most of my RPs do involve romance, so I was also envisioning MC 1 and 3 to pair and MC 2 and 4 as well. but we don't have to do that if people do not want to
I tend to lean into some romance as well, so it doesn't bother me none. I lean towards female characters as well, and am pretty adaptable so could go with mc 3 or 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back