Shiro: The Power of Fear [Chronicles of a Thousands Fists]

Shiro pauses a moment to take in the scene, and to examine Shun more closely. Then he approaches confidently to greet the caravan leader with a bow. "Hello, Shun Jiao. I'm Taren, the guard Green Tooth hired." Deciding to skip the formalities for now to save the busy man some time, he asks, "Do you need me to do anything before we set out?"

Shun Jiao looks you from head to toes, probably sizing you and whistles strongly.

A teenager comes running, panting and sweating.

"Yes master Shun Jiao..."

"Kid, this is our guard, make him meet with everyone, and get his things in his carriage."

Then he turns to you.

"This boy will make you meet with everyone and get your thing to your designated carriage. I've no time for you right now, we're already a few minutes late. Green Tooth hired you, means he trusts your abilities, means you'll do your job. Once you've met with everyone, the kid will take you to your carriage, and we will hopefully go..."

Then he turns to the other workers and becomes red from rage, shouts insults at everyone of them apparently upset that the schedule isn't respected.

The young boy rolls his eyes:

"Don't worry, he seems to be like this under pressure, we were late from the start... c'mon I'll show you around."

And he takes you along the long chain of the caravan, makes you meet the driver and merchants so you remember their names and faces - sometimes thieves just join in and steal along the road without being noticed just by following innocently the group -.

we be starting again on monday, so sorry for the delays.

"Well, I might as well start with you, then. What is your name, kid?"

Shiro follows the child around the caravan, doing his best to memorize the faces at least, if not the names, of the caravan members.

==========

No worries about the delays, I'm enjoying myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back