[Shifting Sands] Chapter 3: Cat & Mouse, Scene 2

xarvh

Malevolent Entertainer
Lady Blackbird's brothel is a tidy and discrete building with green pillars and red lanterns.

The girls, willing and less willing mercenaries of love, are clean and skilled.

Only selected clients are allowed in, wealth often being the deciding factor.

But the atmosphere is soothing and sensual, and the patrons enjoy quietly their pleasure.

That is, until Selima flings the body of a black-dressed woman through the front wall.

- EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME!

YOU HAVE BETTER TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS BITCH, BECAUSE OTHERWISE I'M GOING TO MAKE A MESS!

The brothel explodes into chaos as girls scream and run in all directions. The some of the patrons scatter as well knowing that something is brewing.

The rest, fifty or so men, rise from their seats slowly, some pulling knives, some cracking knuckles, others grinning and snickering.

One man, thick of gut and muscle, carries a massive two-handed sword. He unsheathes it and steps ahead of the rest. "You've picked the wrong brothel to interrupt, little girl. I'll tell you what, you finish what I payed for and I'll let you live. That sound like a deal?"

"Wait!" A chivalrous voice came from the entrance. A golden hair youth leaped into the air, executed a somersault and a 2 and a half twist and landed perfectly. Everyone in the brothel turned their head to check out the originator, and their gaze followed the acrobatic stunt from midair through landing. Their mouth wide opened, totally in awe of his magnificent performance.

"Thank you...for waiting." Shing smiled and bowed. "This lady is mine...Don't even think about IT! Otherwise..." Shing's right hand reached for his hilt and flashed part of his blade. "This would be your terrible fate!" In less than a heartbeat, his blade arc through the air and landed on a table, splitting it into half. Shing's face then turned deadly serious. His golden hair flapping and seemed to glow in gold.

2nd presence charm 4motes, 2 successes.

Channel conviction, Will power -1

All the men surrounding the thick guy carrying the great sword seems to back away very slowly until it's only the big guy left. He laughs. "It is a good day to die. Come, let us fight."

He gets into a fighting stance and grins as he raises his sword.

Selima leaps forward.

Mantis Leap. Kick, Fierce blow. Trying to slam Big Guy against those who are running away.

11 motes on MA I.

JB: 13 dice: 8 successes

Attack: 25 dice: 15 successes (rerolled once for 4 motes)

Burned 11 peripheral and 8 personal motes.

You kill him. He has DV 1 and 1L soak. Describe your action, please. You'll get at LEAST a 1-die stunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back