Shards of Mensol (comic)

1. If you can point me to a page (either web or from a book) that says how long the Shogunate was I would really like to see it. So far I haven't found anything better than "few centuries", and the Second Age has been roughly between 700 and 800 years. I count 300 years as "few centuries", so I assumed that it had been roughly 1000 years. If you can point me at a good source that says otherwise it would be appreciated :D

2. I thought to myself that you can't really have this big a fight without both teams getting hit at least once. It has nothing to do with Charms or motes, but simply because I thought it would fit the story. And another two points: A) one hit usually doesn't insta-kill anyone, and B) there is a thing called Flaw of Invulnirability, even few of them. This is just a plot device ;)

3. The aura-thingies are computerized in Photoshop. When I can make the auras more cool looking I'll fix it. I've also noticed some other changes and fixes I need to make so when I do get a special website up and running, I'm going to post the v2 pages of the comic. This is just another thing I need to fix before then ;)

Thanks for the comments, they are helpful :D

So here's something I've been wondering about. As you know I'm planning on starting a website dedicated to my comic but I'm having problem with the actual planning, so here's my question for you guys:

What would you like me to have on the website?

Obviously, there will be an archive and an easy access to the first, previous, next and last pages. But I'm thinking about what else I need to have on the site and what else would you, as the readers, like to see there. All ideas will be appreciated.

IMHO, that's pretty much enough. Don't try to make it too fancy. All that is needed is the comic, a good archive and, if possible, a discussion forum.

To make a web-comic page (basics)

Step one: Find a pretty colored background. Black works better than one might think.

Step two: make sure the comic fits on the page. Scrolling down is cool, scrolling to the side is fine. Side to side then up and down, less cool.

Step three: make a header. Much like Keychain of Creation, this is usually one largish image at the top of the page used for navigation mostly.

Step four: profit!?

Like Arthur said, as long as it has archives and somewhere to comment usually its fine. I've seen a few with "live" chat place next to or below the comic. That is much fun too.

Thanks for the links Darkon, and the comments on what to add to the website guys :D

Hope that website will be up very soon.

And as a reward, here's page 11 equiped with new kind of Dragon-Blooded anima ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back