• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sengoku: Dying Embers (Japan & Asia Fantasy RP)

WorldWeaver

Dreamer of the Impossible
1719588409915.png1719588482912.png1719588537869.png

It is an age of the sword and bow, of the horse and spear, in the land of Saikuruhana. With the latest emperor dead, and no successors to the throne, the local Daimyo warlords now wage war and vie for control over whatever land they can conquer or hold. Meanwhile, the spirits of the land have grown restless as their homes are invaded and destroyed for mortal gain, and sightings of monsters and demons have slowly grown more frequent. Alliances are forged and broken and forged again, and the empty throne of the emperor sits in the capitol, waiting to be claimed.

And so, your story begins your story as you roam the nine provinces of Saikuruhana, and the path opens up to you. Will you ride into battle for honor, glory, and wealth? Perhaps seek power as a politician, or enlightenment as a priest or monk? Or perhaps you're just looking to survive the hard times that have befallen the land. No matter your origins or ambitions, you have a chance to weave your own tale into the tapestry of time.

Ground Rules
1) Please make sure to follow the RPNation site rules. I don't want anyone getting kicked or banned.
2) It should be fairly obvious, but Godmodding, Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus, and Deus-Ex Machinas are a no-no.
3) More a suggestion than an actual rule, but make sure to add mentions to your post to alert those you are interacting with that you are interacting with them.
4) Have Fun! And if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask me either in the OOC (When I get it up), or in the DMs.

Lore Document: Sengoku Lore/Magic System
PDF Version attached

OOC:
Character Sheets will be up soon.

Attachments

• Sengoku Lore_Magic System.pdf
    108.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Here's what I got so far for the Magic System and Lore. I'll keep working at it, but I want to hear your thoughts on what I've got so far (you'll be able to comment, but not edit the document. I'll take a look at your criteria and work with it).

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia BuggaBoo BuggaBoo SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire

Here's what I got so far for the Magic System and Lore. I'll keep working at it, but I want to hear your thoughts on what I've got so far (you'll be able to comment, but not edit the document. I'll take a look at your criteria and work with it).

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia BuggaBoo BuggaBoo SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire
would spirits/demons exist in this world? Trying to decide if a priestess who wanders around cleansing/exercising evil would be a viable job

Lol its Asian lotr. All goods. Here for it

Soooo like if mcu Thor is 10. On a scale of 1 to 10 what's the max power level we start?

K i Have a gazillion more questions cuz me. But will wait for ooc and complete lore

would spirits/demons exist in this world? Trying to decide if a priestess who wanders around cleansing/exercising evil would be a viable job
Matter of fact, yes, there are both. The first post clarifies that there are indeed spirits of nature that can be agitated, even corrupted, by mortal influence. As for Demons, they tend to be more of invaders from some outer world. In any regard, both are viable threats to work against.

Lol its Asian lotr. All goods. Here for it

Soooo like if mcu Thor is 10. On a scale of 1 to 10 what's the max power level we start?

K i Have a gazillion more questions cuz me. But will wait for ooc and complete lore
Hmmm... I'm not too certain of Power Scaling just yet. I'm trying to come up with one that can allow for all kinds of powers, taking inspiration from Devil Fruits from One Piece, Nen from Hunter x Hunter, Stands from Jojo, etc.

Something else to note is that I'm not trying to write the complete worldbook in this doc. I'm thinking of working out the most important stuff first and adding more as the RP goes on.

UPDATE:
-Finished the foundation for the Seishin Kokyo power system (Let me know what you think and what can be done to add to it). If this doesn't work out, though, my backup plan involves essentially copy/pasting the magic system of Dungeons and Dragons 5e.
-Finished the Races section of the Document, with the most common races (and a couple uncommon ones) being listed. More will be added later.
-Finished the basics of the History section of the Document, including the creation of the Mortal World, the first Mortals, and the event that kickstarted the current age.
-Added Doc Link and PDF file to starting post

Last edited:
Hmmm... I'm not too certain of Power Scaling just yet. I'm trying to come up with one that can allow for all kinds of powers, taking inspiration from Devil Fruits from One Piece, Nen from Hunter x Hunter, Stands from Jojo, etc.

Something else to note is that I'm not trying to write the complete worldbook in this doc. I'm thinking of working out the most important stuff first and adding more as the RP goes on.
K gotcha but just looking for maximum power roughly equivalent on scale of 1-10 to help think of charrie concepts. Say average person is 1 and mcu Thor is 10?

And all good. Just wanna learn more about like the culture and traditions of this world really to think of concept.

OOC's up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back