Scroll of Heroes

skafte said:
I think ppl mean Scroll of Exalts when they are talking about elder exalts, not Scroll of Heroes, which is centered around mortal characters (like Scroll of Fallen Races was about Mountain Folk and Dragon Kings).
Whoops... I meant to say "Scroll of Exalts". I've had Scroll of Heroes for months.

As far as I have heared Scroll of Exalts will have both starter character, 200ish XP characters and movers and shakers (elder) characters.

It is my understanding that the vast majority of characters presented in the Scroll of Exalts will be starting level characters.

StarHawk said:
when is Scroll of Exalts coming out? Do we have a "set" date for that?
Not really, no. The only information I found was this:

Beyond that' date=' in the earlier stages of development, Dean Shomshak’s running the show on The Compass of Terrestrial Directions, Vol. V—The North for me, so I can concentrate on the development of The Manual of Exalted Power—The Alchemicals. Cool stuff coming there. Also coming up after that are the Scroll of Exalts, which is a big roster of movers and shakers from the setting (including all the sig characters), and a super-secret project that involves the return to the setting of a character we haven’t heard from in a while.[/quote']
Between that and the "known" release date for MoEP-Alchemicals being Q4 2009, I can only assume it will be after that: So early 2010 at the soonest I would bet.

So I'm skimming through Scroll of Heroes (not feeling quite up to a full tackle yet), and apparently in this edition god-blooded can be immortal, with an expensive mutation. It amuses me to consider that some god-child might have been sitting in a shack somewhere since the First Age. Ah, yes, and they do use mutations now, rather than their own merits and flaws.

God-Blooded seem to be more powerful in general, now.

From my understanding, this book was almost designed as a separate game for mortals, which may have not been presented as such, and suffers because of it.

EDIT: Suffers on both accounts. What I feel is a poor design choice and not driving home that poor design choice, or completely sticking to it from what I have seen.

Just wait for the revisions in the game when they decide to come out with a 3rd edition. :roll:

I honestly like "Scroll of Heroes". I always liked to start a game as mortals and then exalt my players, and the book answered to those needs very nicely. Starting as mortals allows them to get a feel of the character and change things they don't like.

Liked the god-blooded also, they now can make usefull allies and annoying enemies, although ultimately doomed if tackled by the characters. Don't think the power level is screwed, though, and have already had a few session with characters built with the merits. They've been wise to get the hell out of the way of any exalt, and that's the point, I think.

Botton line is: very good book on my standards.

I might actually buy this book, and I haven't got anything 2nd Edition since the ST screen and Companion.

Jukashi said:
And apparently in this edition god-blooded can be immortal' date=' with an expensive mutation[/quote']
Sauce? Preferably with books and page numbers.
EDIT: Oh, and this isn't 4chan. Hence, no sauce for you. Source, however, is allowed =p

As the title of the thread would imply, it's in Scroll of Heroes on pg 134. It's a 4 bonus point mutation available to God-blooded.

Is scroll of heroes worth the ticket price?

Is it worth the ticket price if you own the 1E Player's Guide?

And what's the max essence a mortal can get?

I certainly think it was, personally. Many of the merits and flaws have changed enough, and the god-blood and mortal creation rules have changed to such a degree that it's certainly quite worth it if you're interested in these things. This isn't to mention the nifty new merit/flaws and the actual clarifications on many (Like Special Sense...it actually gives examples and point costs for said examples, like mind-reading)...

I own both the 1E guide and Scroll of Heroes and don't think my money wasted, anyhow. :)

As to the max essence a mortal can get, it is still 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back