Scout vs Tracer?

Slim Intoxicado

Penthouse Pauper
Alright, I've been noticing some strange similarities between Tracer from Overwatch and Scout from TF2... Anyone else? I just think they're a bit too similar.... Whatever, the point is, who do you guys like more?]

d73b0881d3f6409f538397d68367e3139693551fa066b19edd5eac0d06080d7f_1.jpg

I'm not sure I see the similarities, either in terms of playstyle or characterization.

I played TF2 first, so I suppose there's a nostalgia bias towards Scout.

Captifate said:
I'm not sure I see the similarities, either in terms of playstyle or characterization.
I played TF2 first, so I suppose there's a nostalgia bias towards Scout.
I have to agree with this. Though in terms of raw speed and maneuverability, I suppose Tracer would definitely take the cake.

I made the same connection when I first bought Overwatch. Blizzard's story direction with the game is utter crap in my eyes, whereas Valve's is pure brilliance, so my heart lies with Scout.

In a fight however, Tracer would skin the poor Brooklyn boy alive.

[QUOTE="Master Jaster]I made the same connection when I first bought Overwatch. Blizzard's story direction with the game is utter crap in my eyes, whereas Valve's is pure brilliance, so my heart lies with Scout.
In a fight however, Tracer would skin the poor Brooklyn boy alive.

[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly.

From what I've watched (thanks to my husband being a fan of TF2), Overwatch took a lot from that game. Blizzard's director even said it himself that TF2 is one of his favorite games so it makes sense that there's a bunch of similarities. So Scout being compared to Tracer is something a lot of people are doing. There's a video on youtube somewhere that shows every single OW character being compared to their TF2 counterpart. That being said, I happen to like Tracer better because of the speed and mobility of her. In a one to one fight, I feel like she'd annihilate Scout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back