• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

RPs based on/inspired by games!

Fangs9090

Total Video Game Nerd
Supporter
As the title suggests, I'm looking to do some rps based on video games because that's almost all I ever do. I'd put some animes but I can't really get into roleplaying animes for some reason...

Anyway, a few things before the list. I post as often as I possibly can but I don't require you to do that. Post when you can. As long as you don't just dump the whole rp, I don't mind waiting a bit. I would appreciate some literacy so I can understand what you're typing. Romance is always optional and never required. If it happens, fine, if not, no loss for me. Also, regardless of what we actually end up roleplaying, my character will most likely not be human. Either a normal animal or an anthro animal. Just a heads up.

Now for the list. This is just games that I'd be willing to rp using OCs of course. I can't get into using canon characters. Anyway, most of these I don't really have stories for so I welcome ideas.

Sonic

Pokémon

Elder Scrolls

Legend of Zelda

Okami

Spyro

Terraria (Or at least the concept of it) (Closed for now)

Super Smash Bros.

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Shining Force (1 & 2)

Pikmin (or something similar)

I'll add more if I think of them or if I encounter something new but that's all for now. Hope to get some results from this.

Last edited by a moderator:
SPYRO.

If it's the original game trilogy [Which are the only Spyro games I consider canon, in my opinion] then I'm down for it, Hell YES. :D

DarlingWaylonPark said:
SPYRO.
If it's the original game trilogy [Which are the only Spyro games I consider canon, in my opinion] then I'm down for it, Hell YES. :D
While I am familiar with classic Spyro I'm afraid I don't really know which ones were the original trilogy. There was more than three games by the time I got into it.

Fangs9090 said:
While I am familiar with classic Spyro I'm afraid I don't really know which ones were the original trilogy. There was more than three games by the time I got into it.
The first Spyro game, Spyro: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. I played some of Enter the Dragonfly, but didn't get into it, the gameplay was meh for me. I still have yet to play Hero's Tale, but I cannot find it anywhere. x.x

Ah. The only one of those that I played was Enter the Dragonfly. The other games I played of classic were on the GBA and one was the crossover with Crash Bandicoot. While I may be able to do a roleplay inspired by that, I'm not sure how it would work since the characters I have that could fit in that world were inspired by the Legend of Spyro trilogy.

Fangs9090 said:
Ah. The only one of those that I played was Enter the Dragonfly. The other games I played of classic were on the GBA and one was the crossover with Crash Bandicoot. While I may be able to do a roleplay inspired by that, I'm not sure how it would work since the characters I have that could fit in that world were inspired by the Legend of Spyro trilogy.
I have wanted to play the crossover one for a LONG time, it was a dream I had as a kid to have Crash and Spyro meet since both were my favorite childhood game characters. :) God, an RP like that would be cool, make it its own story outside of that game! That'd be cool to see, have Cortex and one of the main villains from Spyro like Ripto or Gnasty Gnorc work together or something! I have not played the Legend of Spyro yet, again those are hard to find for me. x.x For some reason, I've had bad luck trying to find them over the years, so I gave up the search.

I highly recommend the Legend of Spyro series. It's a bit darker than classic Spyro but it is epic. The second game of the trilogy needed a bit of work but it ties the story together so I still recommend it. Also, I'm not sure about an rp based on the crossover since I know very little about Crash Bandicoot. I've played a couple games when borrowing them from relatives, but the closest I am to owning one is the Spyro version of the crossover.

Fangs9090 said:
I highly recommend the Legend of Spyro series. It's a bit darker than classic Spyro but it is epic. The second game of the trilogy needed a bit of work but it ties the story together so I still recommend it. Also, I'm not sure about an rp based on the crossover since I know very little about Crash Bandicoot. I've played a couple games when borrowing them from relatives, but the closest I am to owning one is the Spyro version of the crossover.
Awesome! I'll try searching for them again soon, I'm very interested in playing them and giving them a shot. Ah, ok, that's alright! I could just play as Crash and his sister Coco myself and just have those two come in, but I'm pretty flexible either way, I played almost all the Crash games, lol. Also saw Elder Scrolls on your list, I'd be up for a Skyrim rp if you'd wanna do that instead? :) Or SSB, I played Brawl though, but I'm an awesome Pit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing, I'm not too big on canon. I mean, if someone is really good at getting the character's personality I might, but I personally avoid using canon characters myself. I could definitely work with a Skyrim rp. As for Smash Bros, I never played the first. I started and Melee and have been hooked from there. For a rp with that I figured we do something like the adventure mode from Brawl, maybe even with OCs. Skyrim would be the easiest. Why don't you send me a PM so we can talk it out a bit more?

Kendallxx22 said:
Fang what was your ideal for elderscrolls pokemon and zelda
For Elder Scrolls, I was thinking something involving our two characters following the main quest line from either Oblivion or Skyrim. There's a few ideas for Pokemon, including perhaps a Mystery Dungeon story. For Zelda, I figured something like the basic plot of the Zelda games I've played. Something happens, princess needs help, hero gets involved and finds a guide, get the sword and save the day.

As I mentioned though, I don't use canon characters, so any rp I do will be using my own character(s).

Send me a PM and we can talk out some more details.

Can't believe I forgot to add Shining Force when I made this. Oh well, I added it now.

I might be interested in doing a Terraria style RP. Assuming we make it a little more realistic, know what I mean?

But I love the idea of traveling, exploring, monster/boss fighting, collecting new and better equipment!

TheGossipLink said:
I might be interested in doing a Terraria style RP. Assuming we make it a little more realistic, know what I mean?
But I love the idea of traveling, exploring, monster/boss fighting, collecting new and better equipment!
Sure! PM me and we can talk it out more.

[QUOTE="Roronoa Zoro]I'd love to do Okami :3

[/QUOTE]
Cool! Send me a PM and we can talk it out.

I'd be interested in Pokemon or Pikmin, I've never done a Pikmin RP before though.

Currently in the mood for either Elder Scrolls (Oblivion, specifically) or Pokémon.

Also, bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back