• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rise to the Top

Red Juliet

Thanatos Rising
[Private roleplay between myself and @Lily Dawn Evans]

Rien stopped in the middle of the street and looked up at the night sky. There wasn't a star to be seen, due to the light pollution from the city. It didn't truly bother him though, he had been around for hundreds of years and he had seen enough starry nights. He wasn't here to stargaze anyway, he was looking for a meal. There were plenty of viable candidates wandering up and down the streets even at night and his eyes scanned them.

It wasn't as if he could read people's minds, that wasn't his power. But each soul emitted a special color depending on the emotional state of its host. Most of the souls were muddied, mixtures of a combination of feelings, undecided and aimless. The best souls were the ones that had a strong purpose in life and went after their goals with everything they had.

"Man, this is a pain," he raked a hand through his hair and sighed. So far he hadn't found a single soul worth his time. He envied his cousin, who actually enjoyed this sort of thing. Rien didn't take much pleasure in watching humans, most of them were sort of annoying.

47340f5cb09d490e3138600891e1d8ff.jpg

Tabitha passed on the street in a pretty pink dress, lined with white lace, carrying a matching parasol as she walked. She just knew she was going to be the top singer one day! Up on a stage and singing her heart out! Her brown hair fanned out as she spun around. It was a pity no stars were showing tonight, she thought.

People were looking at her strangely. Maybe because she had a parasol open in the middle of the night, but she didn't care. She ignored all of the whispers she would hear as she passed by, focusing on nothing as she hummed a popular song. "One day, it's going to be me coming up with amazing music like that!" she said confidently.

"Oh what I wouldn't give to be a famous pop star. . ." she said pining for the opportunity, in the middle of another spin, in her ballerina styled shoes. "I just wish I knew where to begin. . ." she sighed softly, the sixteen year old frowning. How did one become a pop star anyways?!

Last edited by a moderator:
R???
26983480996_78c84dd30a.jpg
Rien's eyes flickered over towards a girl walking down the street with a parasol open. At first he was distracted by her attire, which had also drawn the eyes of several other onlookers. But the color of her soul was a vibrant shade of violet, in comparison to the muddied yellows and browns around the street. A slow smile crossed his face and he hummed.

Now there is someone worth his time. Hell, she already had confidence and the look, all that was missing was a little push in the right direction. So what was she after in a city like this? A model maybe. Or a pop star. He wasn't too familiar with human celebrities and idols, but he had spent a fair bit of time watching TV, and he could guess.

"How badly do you want it?" He said quietly as she passed, loud enough for her to hear. "I can help you reach your goal," his words were soft and casual, but there was an assured confidence in his grey eyes. It wouldn't be difficult to make a star out of this girl, he was sure of it. But he wasn't sure if she was willing to make a contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tabitha stopped after she heard the voice, turning around in her ballet styled pink shoes. "What? To become a pop star? I've always - ever since I was small - it's my life long dream!" she said excitedly after seeing the red haired man. He looked really charming. . . almost like a dream guy. Did he fall out of heaven?

Her sakura pink lips opened in surprise when she heard that he could help her reach her goal. "What? Really?! Are you a scout or a producer?!" she asked, clearly caught in the web. She would do almost anything to reach her dreams as long as she didn't have to hurt anyone. "Wait, what do you want?" she asked, narrowing her bright brown eyes, almost appearing gold in the moonlight.

"I mean, don't think I'm stupid. I know it takes a ton of work, but I don't even know where to begin." she asked, a little dejectedly as she looked at the man. "What would I have to do?" she asked.

R???

Rien smiled, sensing her enthusiasm. She was passionate about reaching her goal then, and maybe, just maybe, he'd get lucky and she would work with him. It was his best shot all night. If she wanted to be a pop star, that required a great deal of practice, time, and money. But if he heard her sing, he could easily work his way into society with fake credentials and aid her as a manager of some sort. He was quite confident in his skills, and if nothing else money went very far in this world.

"Something like that," he responded with amusement. "I'm in the business of aiding people in reaching their goals, however lofty they might seem. Whether it's fame, wealth, notoriety, or anything else, I can help achieve that. I can tell you how, but..." he trailed off and looked around at the busy street. Maybe they should go somewhere more private where they could chat. After all, years of experience has taught him not to simply drop a name like 'demon' in a public area.

"Would you like to talk somewhere? I think there is a cafe just down the street a bit. By the way, my name is Rien," he paused for a moment and added, "Rien Westwood," He held out his hand. Surnames were good to have. It certainly helped him blend in better here, although he wasn't entirely used to hearing it. He nodded towards a small cafe, the outside strung with string lights and paper lanterns. Not many would overhear their conversation.

"Oh I see! Well, mine's pretty lofty I guess. I want all of it! Fame, wealth, notoriety, and being the best there ever was! Beating all the other pop stars by a mile! That is my goal - that is my dream!" Tabitha said excitedly as he trailed off. Her excitement died a little at that, but then she looked around - this wasn't a very private place . . .

"Oh just what I was thinking! Perfect, I'd love to get something to eat anyways - I was going to a burger place, but the cafe sounds much nicer." she said. "Tabitha, Tabitha Lee Dearheart." she said, shaking his offered hand. "But everyone calls me Tabby. Rien - that's an interesting name. . ." she thought, letting her hand drop as they headed towards the cafe.

"Lovely place. I don't remember seeing it before. But then again, I am a bit of a scatterbrain." she said and laughed lightly. Her brown hair looked almost copper in the light now. "Anyways, as you were saying - you think you can really make me into a pop star? How?"

R???

"Good, you're ambitious," Rien commented as he led the way toward the cafe. The more they had to work for it, the more interesting it would become after all. And he loved when things were interesting. Tabitha was full of energy, and there was still a purity in her desire and a strong will to follow that path. "Is it unusual?" He replied in response to her comment about the name, "I suppose it's outdated now. It's an old word that means nothing. But, it can also mean anything. That's why I like it," he stepped into the cafe and up towards the hostess.

"A table for two, please. And... we would like to stay away from the crowd, if you don't mind," Rien kept his eyes on the woman's, his voice dropping slightly. For a moment, it almost appeared as if his eyes glowed, but it happened so quickly it was impossible for anyone to take note. Except perhaps the hostess, but she seemed eager to listen and took them to a table outside, several away from any other customers. Perfect. Rien thought, and thanked the young woman for her help.

"I saw it while walking tonight. It looked inviting," he sat down at one of the chairs, "Order whatever you'd like." A waitress walked up to their table and set down two menus for them to look over. Rien didn't bother to look at his, instead he crossed his leg and watched Tabitha. "I'll tell you how. But first I have to ask you, are you superstitious, Tabitha?"

"Oh, I am VERY ambitious Rien." Tabitha said, watching as he talked to the waitress. Wait, was his eyes glowing, or was it just a trick of the light she wondered. Eh, probably just a reflection or something, she decided. He was an interesting guy though, that was for sure with his brilliant red hair. "Ah, maybe - it's not a very popular name, or I'd know it probably. Hey, that actually sounds pretty cool." she said, impressed.

They were swept precisely where he requested them to go. "Well, that was amazing! How did you do that?" she asked, as they sat down at the table. Lily looked surprised but nodded as he said to order whatever she liked. Whatever she liked, hm? She looked through the menu, and ordered a strawberry milkshake to start with heavy whipped cream.

"I approve - it's a good restaurant." Tabby added as she looked thoughtfully at Rien. "Supersititous? What do you mean exactly?" she asked, looking at him. Superstitious? What did that really matter? "Not really I guess. I mean, I know better than to sell my soul to the devil and all that, but not really superstitious. Why?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back