Rise of the New Nations

Could anyone help me, I don't really understand the system of how things work such as a growing army/population, building up industry and such? How do we gain points to put towards these things?

I was considering this right now. What will happen is that at the end of each day, I will post how many points each person got that day. The amount of points you get is based on resources, trade, and other such things.

Okay that makes sense. So the more we do (without spamming and within reason) correlates to how many points we get?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think he means like if a nation is trying to find more resources that they should have role for it to see which one they'll get like say if 1-3 Is herbal plants and I land on that that's the resource I'll find. And there will be a you find nothing mixed in with the dice roll like say 9-13 is you find nothing. Also I'll make my lands sorta tropical with some deserts and I guess some plains too.

This is how I think it should work.

[QUOTE="Fishman Lord]Well right now, resources don't really do anything. I mean, yay, I have wood! Now what? You know what I'm saying?

[/QUOTE]
Well, I find the resources to be quite important for a nation. We fould use them for trading and earning money, as well as building stuff or developing a new craft. Which leads me to a question - when we earn new points, could we use them for "discovering", so to say, new resources and crafting/manufacturing skills?

Also, I appreciate the fact my map is used in the overview (:3) Glad I'm of any help here~

[QUOTE="Fishman Lord]We had some good ideas in the character sign-up tab. You guys should go check it out. Discussion continues there.

[/QUOTE]
I actually did saw the thing with the gain of resources! The idea sounds pretty rad, but when being in use during the RP, I'd like to get and even more detailed explanation of how things would work then (as I couldn't understand some of ideas with the points in the crafts and stuff, like the "4 Farming + 5 Tech = 600 Food ". (':3))

WeabooTrash said:
Also, I appreciate the fact my map is used in the overview (:3) Glad I'm of any help here~

I actually did saw the thing with the gain of resources! The idea sounds pretty rad, but when being in use during the RP, I'd like to get and even more detailed explanation of how things would work then (as I couldn't understand some of ideas with the points in the crafts and stuff, like the "4 Farming + 5 Tech = 600 Food ". (':3))
What they mean is say you had for example level 3 farming and 2 tech. Each level gives 100 of that resource, and each tech level gives 50 more, so that equals 400 of that resource. Is that clearer?

Fisherman Lord's noon. I think we're all in fairly different time zones. For instance I love in Australia which is very different to the USA.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

But isn't @Fishman Lord from Utah? In Google it says the time there is -6GMT. Well, I'll post at noon in THAT timezone. (Please excuse my irreasonable anger, it's just that school isn't over yet and I have the habit of watching dumb YouTube videos for an hour or two after school, thus I will reply late today in the ICRP. Maybe after 5-6 hours?)

Okay, there is a thing bugging me while filling in the Country list in the Overview. @Arion, you used just 23 of your 25 points (you sort of messed up the math at the technology by adding 10 instead of 8 points for Level 4 Tech. Would you like me to change it to Level 5?). And I am using the Accordions BB Code, which means you can open up one country at a time. Should I change it to something else or leave it like that? Also, I am using the same method of filling in each country. It looks somewhat like this:

Nation name: Blahblah

Nation Area:

(insert portion of my map in full size)

Government Type: Somethingism

Population: 1,000,000 (10)

Military: 100,000 (4)

Technology: Level 4 (8)

Main Industries:

Something (1)

Another thing (2)

Those were just examples. Should I change the way the text is formatted, add bullets or anything else? I am doing this to my liking, as a selfish piece of trash, so I would like your opinion! (Also, food~)

WeabooTrash said:
Okay, there is a thing bugging me while filling in the Country list in the Overview. @Arion, you used just 23 of your 25 points (you sort of messed up the math at the technology by adding 10 instead of 8 points for Level 4 Tech. Would you like me to change it to Level 5?). And I am using the Accordions BB Code, which means you can open up one country at a time. Should I change it to something else or leave it like that? Also, I am using the same method of filling in each country. It looks somewhat like this:
Nation name: Blahblah

Nation Area:

(insert portion of my map in full size)

Government Type: Somethingism

Population: 1,000,000 (10)

Military: 100,000 (4)

Technology: Level 4 (8)

Main Industries:

Something (1)

Another thing (2)

Those were just examples. Should I change the way the text is formatted, add bullets or anything else? I am doing this to my liking, as a selfish piece of trash, so I would like your opinion! (Also, food~)

Looks good. @Archdemon, we will get rid of all resource/tech/army growth that has happened so far. Also, all dice rolls will be done by me to avoid confusion/cheating.

Also, I may start enforcing a turn order.

Fishman Lord]Looks good. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/4248-archdemon/ said:
@Archdemon[/URL], we will get rid of all resource/tech/army growth that has happened so far. Also, all dice rolls will be done by me to avoid confusion/cheating.

Also, I may start enforcing a turn order.
Okay then! Thanks for the clarification!

Fixed the code and now will start reading what's up with the RP~ Should we write for each country the total resources in separate posts in the Organisations tab?

I read the In-character Roleplaying~ You know, @Fishman Lord, when it comes to "restarting" the ICRP, we could encourage the roleplayers to delete their own posts until only your first one is left. Or only to a certain post. Does it leave a mark that a certain post was deleted, though?

Roleplay reset. Posting begins tommorow at about 3-4:00 mountain time zone. Remember resources and such. Turn order will be posted soon.

[QUOTE="Fishman Lord]Roleplay reset. Posting begins tommorow at about 3-4:00 mountain time zone. Remember resources and such. Turn order will be posted soon.

[/QUOTE]
Just to avoid my own confusion, the tme right now where you're at is around 2PM, right? It's the same with MT, correct? I am so unfamiliar with America, as a European person.

Archdemon said:
I'm Eastern standard time so I'm right now at 4:28 pm.
I'm currently +3GMT (apparently because of that annoying summer time change; otherwise it should be just +2GMT) and it's almost midnight here, so Imma go sleep. School ends on Tuesday - just three more school days, yassss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back