Return of the Solar Exated

ghoti115

Prancing Kobolds!
I thought I had read somewhere that the Solar Exalted returned to creation at the time of the first eclipse since the Usurpation. I was just wondering if anyone knew which book I would have read this in or if it is something that my ST had told me.

Also, looking at a variety of timelines, it seems like it would have happened in the Royal Year 763. Does anyone have a better estimate?

I am just trying to write a back story and wanted to see if I could figure out what my character would have been doing when the first Sorlars returned to creation.

I know where that is. It's in the description for the Eclipse Caste, back in the First Edition book. You know, the big splat picture. That one.

I hadn't realized eclipses were so rare. I guess that makes Oadenol's Codex even harder to read than I had previously thought.

I hadn't realized eclipses were so rare. I guess that makes Oadenol's Codex even harder to read than I had previously thought.
The obvious solution is to get the Unconquered Sun to forgive creation, thereby increasing the number of eclipses, thereby allowing you to read your magic textbook easier.

Thanks for all of the help locating it.

As for the rarity of eclipses. I am under the impression (though it could easily be incorrect) that they had not occured since the Usurpation because the Unconquered Sun did not allow it. With the return of the Solar Exalted, they started occurring in a normal frequency again.

Also, I appreciate the Simpson's reference. That might be a good thing to have a Twilight Caste build. Then, the Eclipse Caste could make a fortune selling candles and torches. The device would pay for itself and prices of candles and torches would skyrocket! World domination, here I come!

In the latest Ink Monkey's post (Daystar finale), there's a bit of info on exactly what goes into making a solar (and lunar) eclipse happen in Creation. It also restates that the latest eclipse occured in RY763, and what it looked like - it does not look like a solar eclipse here on Earth, and how it looks depends on exactly where in Creation you're standing when you see it.

That is good to know. I will throw all of my previous thoughts about eclipses in creation out the window and read the post. Thanks for helping the Exalted Newbie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back