• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Restart

Nightwalker973

One Thousand Club
In the year 2040, a new virus was unleashed. They called it the Adlovirus. It targets people starting at age 16, and they have a life expectancy of a couple of months. In a last ditch effort to save humanity, scientists created the Restart Program. In the Program, a selected group of children are stuck in an ark, and required to stay in there for another hundred years so Aldovirus will kill itself off. The Restart Program officially started in 2045, and, along with an AI, the kids where put here to survive.

Connor was sitting in the library reading like always. He sighed reading the same book for the 13th time. He sighed yawning looking at his clock, still a few hours till bed time. He put his book down as he walked by some kids, he smiled directing a few lost new comers and sighed knowing full well this will be the rest of their lives. He went to his room and sat on his bed "PARENT? Where are those books you promised me?"

"I am sorry Connor. What books where you wanting?" PARENT asked. It checked it databanks, but found nothing of the books that where promised.

Connor looked at the ceiling, pretending he was seeing PARENT was sitting above him, "Nothing" he sighed. He thought about his life before this, him and his parents living in a small house full of various gadgets his father came up with. He always joke with his mom about books he wanted. He laid in his bed, PARENT was now his mother and father, but still lacked that soul he came to love and miss.

PARENT sensed something wrong. "Connor, I am here to help. Could you tell me what's on you mind?" It had a couple of movies ready to play in case Connor needed a pick-me-up.

He got up running his fingers through his hair, "I'm fine....just missing mom and dad is all" even though he wasn't subject to the routine like the younger kids in the program, the waking and sleeping routine was his way of keeping time with the days, 3 years. 3 Years he's been speaking with this automated fake voice but he sighed and laid down "I really miss home PARENT that's all it is"

"Is there any way that I could help you?" PARENT asked. It went against its computing for a person to be unhappy. PARENT tried everything it could to help those transition, and after three years thought that they wouldn't need anything else. But, it would seem that that wasn't the case with some of the people here.

Connor sat up and smiled "Besides somehow getting some new books I got nothing, but I'll be fine PARENT thanks." He looked at the door knowing full well that in the morning, a batch of new kids coming to Restart, so he went to bed preparing himself for the new kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back