Resplendent Abilities

Caelun_Niveus

I know that any Sidereal with common sense probably wouldn't do this, but...

What would happen if a Sid dons a Resplendent Destiny that has ability requirements the Sidereal doesn't possess, but he is still called on to use said ability? Such as taking the role of a sailor or captain without a single dot in Sail. Because the Destiny "encourages" remaining in character, would it aid in such actions, or would the foolish Seer be left on his own as a walking Paradox generator?

Then...they're slowly accruing more and more Paradox as they continue to fail to act in character. It doesn't give you any abilities you don't have. So...it's best to use Destinies you can act in the role of.

The closest, if any thing, I would have expected would have been only a +1 circumstance bonus as the Destiny strains to help out. Maybe as a potential house-rule?

Sorry, I had just watched an anime where it wasn't hard at all to imagine them using Resplendent Destinies (one character even preforming astrology), and then the main character basically did something like that...

I'd allow a situational stunt bonus if they describe it well enough, but nothing they couldn't otherwise try to stunt. Resplendent destinies aren't supposed to make you better at the archetype they represent, you're supposed to fulfill the archetype of the resplendency you choose to use. If someone wants a swift kicking from the Paradox Fairy because they insist on using archetypes they can't use, that's their lookout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back