• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Requiem from the Darkness

Axeykins

Humanoid Typhoon
Would anybody be interested in an rp based off of this short series?

Requiem from the Darkness | Anime-Planet

70264805.jpg

Plot Summary of the show: Tired of writing riddles for children, Yamaoka Momosuke plans on gathering spooky and gruesome stories and publishing them in an anthology called Hyakumonogatari ("One Hundred Tales"). While researching these old myths and legends he comes across a mysterious trio who call themselves the Ongyou. They are detectives who are investigating the legends to reveal their truths...and bring those in the wrong to justice. Each time Momosuke meets the Ongyou he must face horrible truths and battle with his morals, but he's seeing things he shouldn't be seeing..

In short, it would be a collection of horror mysteries to be solved and possibly all leading up to one massive cause of it all.

Of course I'm not against just making it some mysteries and old legends.

It could be in modern times or ancient times as well and consist of any legend that interests you, not just ones from the show. I'm trying to keep it open enough to make it intriguing to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may even allow any creatures from old legends as well, but still thinking about that. Although all OOCs mixed with the characters from the show could prove interesting.

If anyone has any thoughts I'm happy to hear them!

My interest has been picked.

Concerning the last part of the summary particular, will the roleplay substantially dwell upon the psychological impact of said reveals and truths? That part really sealed it for me since most shows don't really explore such things...

Mmhmm! It most cerainly will. The show dwelled on that subject by making the world slowly more and more distorted along with the character's mind. So he wasn't just seeing disturbing things and not getting disturbed like many shows do. They're lingering effects even after all is said and done.

Fauxapparatus said:
Loved the show. Might watch it again now xD This has my interest to say the least.
Yay! And finally another fan of it! It's not the most known anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back