News Reorganization & BBcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love just about EVERYTHING (And this is something that is hard to please me xD ) BUT the green bar on top that does not match my colors at all xD

If it were possible would you guys be able to make it customizable like the site? (With the colors and the backround) and make it so that green bar is customizable as well?

Sorry I just woke up, if that doesnt make sense, i'll try to explain better xD

@Britt\-21

You can change a lot of the colors with the AD Style on the very bottom of the page, left hand corner.

Musician said:
@Britt\-21
You can change a lot of the colors with the AD Style on the very bottom of the page, left hand corner.
I know but I mean the green bar on top that has our profile pic and name, pm, and alerts. not the other colors

[QUOTE="Britt-21]I know but I mean the green bar on top that has our profile pic and name, pm, and alerts. not the other colors

[/QUOTE]
You can change that with the AD styler. :) Worked for me.

[QUOTE="Britt-21]wait really? O.o

[/QUOTE]
Yes. Click the AD Styler, and change the tertiary color. The very top bar should change. You can change all of those colors. Just try it!

Musician said:
Yes. Click the AD Styler, and change the tertiary color. The very top bar should change. You can change all of those colors. Just try it!
Im more of the original type but THANK YOU ;-; I was gonna lose my marbles if I couldnt change it xD

[QUOTE="Britt-21]Im more of the original type but THANK YOU ;-; I was gonna lose my marbles if I couldnt change it xD

[/QUOTE]
Ha ha, yeah not the Color Optoins, AD Styler.

T^T This is so beautiful! I can now make my roleplays look more advanced and professional! RPNATION you never stop amazing me!

Musician said:
I am loving all of the changes here! Though, is there anyway we can change it back to the old version, too? I would just like to have a little more time before I have to adjust to all of this new, exciting fancy stuff. xD
We can discuss it as a Staff but the issue was that there were many template errors on the other style. This prevented us from making certain changes to the site and from providing new features/addons in some cases.

Technically speaking both styles (the new and the old) are based around the same original framework, so it shouldn't be too much of an adjustment. Give it a few days and we are sure you won't even notice it anymore.

Miz said:
We can discuss it as a Staff but the issue was that there were many template errors on the other style. This prevented us from making certain changes to the site and from providing new features/addons in some cases.
Technically speaking both styles (the new and the old) are based around the same original framework, so it shouldn't be too much of an adjustment. Give it a few days and we are sure you won't even notice it anymore.
Okay, thank you. ^^

And to me everything just looked a little more... vibrant I guess is the best way I can put it. It also looks more block like to me as well. So while it's around the framework there are noticeable changes.

Kyd Jhesus]Did you go back to the original Roleplay format for the [URL="http://www.rpnation.com/resources/ said:
active role plays list[/URL]. It use to more fancy but now its back to normal.
The large images got in the way of the main reason for such a resource. To filter and find rolepalys easily. The old method broke the tabs and the filter. Large images drew too much attention from the needed information (accepting, closed, game name, etc...). Images are nice, but roleplaying is not about the images, it's about the game. We want to make people find the game they want easier.

I actually like this update a lot! It's similar enough but has a nice downward flow on the front page.

However I have two minor complaints, the buttons at the button of posts (report, like, reply, etc.) aren't aesthetically pleasing. They're very big and blocky and sort of look like they were just thrown there. On my own posts the 'more options' button is still in the original style and I think it looks more natural, making the other buttons look super out of place.

The second being the notification color (the little box with the number in it on the top bar of the site), I'll get used to it but it was nice when it was a semi-customizable color.

But yeah, other than that, I'm very pleased with this update.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with SetMeFree and being able to change/customize the notifications color. It used to change when you changed the color of the bar and I really dislike the bright red (just like I disliked all the green bars, but I could change that). Could we please, please figure out a way we can customize that even if it's only a few other color choices? In that vein, could we ever alter the box around the "likes" to be one of the AdStyle colors or otherwise customizable? I just... am not a huge green person.

I am slowly getting used to all these blocks, but the big red "Report" button, while very visible, is the first thing my eyes are drawn to each time I load a page. It's so vibrant due to the color and shade, that you see all the reporting buttons before you have a chance to read anything. Is there a way we can perhaps make it gray or at least less bright? I get we want it to be noticeable, but I think maybe it's too much so?

Another frustrating thing for me is the usage of emotes in the Shoutbox. I'm not fond of emotes in general but I know people love them... and they are huge compared to text in the Shoutbox! They easily take up two lines in height rather than a singular line. Could we please shrink them, even if just for Shoutbox, so they aren't as big of a block in the text?

Purely out of interest, will the Groups function be set up again at any point?

You guys are doing a great job (even if the red colour scheme is a bad choice ;) )

Joeaikman said:
Purely out of interest, will the Groups function be set up again at any point?
You guys are doing a great job (even if the red colour scheme is a bad choice ;) )
Our future tool is superior to groups. So keep an eye out for that :)

As for colors, you can change the colors of the site on your end at the bottom. It's called ad styler and color options.

I can see you guys made some changes- thank you! The "Report" button isn't so bright anymore, urging me to report Grin for writing wonderfully. Although sometimes I am still tempted... I also noticed the "likes" box is now grey like the "Like" and "Reply" buttons themselves. I think it looks much better and blends with my blue-ti-ful color scheme. Thanks for the hard work!

Syrenrei said:
I agree with SetMeFree and being able to change/customize the notifications color. It used to change when you changed the color of the bar and I really dislike the bright red (just like I disliked all the green bars, but I could change that). Could we please, please figure out a way we can customize that even if it's only a few other color choices? In that vein, could we ever alter the box around the "likes" to be one of the AdStyle colors or otherwise customizable? I just... am not a huge green person.
I am slowly getting used to all these blocks, but the big red "Report" button, while very visible, is the first thing my eyes are drawn to each time I load a page. It's so vibrant due to the color and shade, that you see all the reporting buttons before you have a chance to read anything. Is there a way we can perhaps make it gray or at least less bright? I get we want it to be noticeable, but I think maybe it's too much so?

Another frustrating thing for me is the usage of emotes in the Shoutbox. I'm not fond of emotes in general but I know people love them... and they are huge compared to text in the Shoutbox! They easily take up two lines in height rather than a singular line. Could we please shrink them, even if just for Shoutbox, so they aren't as big of a block in the text?
I second all of the above. To me the 'Report' button is still very bright, and it would be nice to customize the color.

My only other real qualm about the update is that we look exactly like Rpzone now. Though both sites use the same software, RpNation at least had its own unique look before we started merging the sties together. Would it be possible at the very least to keep the old RpN banner? The new one to me just . . . doesn't fit. It isn't RpN to me.

Thanks!

Well, now that we have the bar, I keep having to keep changing it back to the color I had! At least once every day -.- It changes back to red or green and then I'd have to fix it. -.- can this please be fixed so I dont have to keep changing it?

[QUOTE="Britt-21]Well, now that we have the bar, I keep having to keep changing it back to the color I had! At least once every day -.- It changes back to red or green and then I'd have to fix it. -.- can this please be fixed so I dont have to keep changing it?

[/QUOTE]
Your color choices are saved in a browser cookie. Make sure your border does not delete them on exit each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back