• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Raven Wing Academy (New and Improved)

Corrupted Data]Hey [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22230-daggora-keket/ said:
@Daggora Keket[/URL] just wanted to let you know I posted a CSU yesterday and wasn't sure if you got the notification. I have no problem with waiting just wasn't sure.
[QUOTE="Corrupted Data]

Name:

Jayden Capello

Nickname:

Jay, is sometimes called The Author when talked about in secret

Male

Sexuality:

Bisexual (Not open about it)

Your Gift:

Literary Manipulation

Abilities: (This may seem like a lot of abilities but most of them are useless in a fight.)

Writing Manipulation

Jayden can manipulate any form of writing even digitally. He can forge anyone's signature and writing/handwriting, translate and understand any language if in writing (he can't speak it), read anything within sight instantly even if the actual words aren't visible (Ex. Reading a closed book or a computer screen facing away from him), Copy and paste anything he reads/hears, and lastly he do all this with his mind so he doesn't need to actually physically write (The words just appear on the page).

Telekinesis

Jayden can control objects with his mind that have to do with writing. Such as pens, pencils, paper, keyboards, books, computer monitors, paint brushes etc. If he controls say a book of spells or something like that he can trigger the spell/abillity (I assume these are really rare)

(He will give you all the paper cuts MUAHAHAHHAHA xD )

Literary Animation

Jayden is able to give life to the same objects he can move with his mind. (Ex. Making living origami figures using paper) this also works with drawings and art. Using a lot more energy Jayden can create golems out of books etc. that are controlled by him. He usually doesn't do this because there would have to be a large quantity of matter he can control. (Perhaps in a library, classroom, or computer lab) Note: Golems do not have to be made up of just books or just keyboards etc they can be combined to make one golem. The golems are mostly glass cannons as they pack a large punch but can be destroyed fairly easily (I mean come on they can be made out of paper and books)

[media]
[/media]

Personality:

You might be expecting that Jayden is a total nerd because of his powers but he is quite a rebel. He is very carefree but drives for success. He cares greatly for those that are close to him but can be selfish and cynical at times . Academically he is smart but unmotivated using his powers to cheat a lot even though he probably would've done well if he didn't. He is very secretive about how he can cheat on school work and can help other people cheat only telling people he believes he can trust and not spill the beans to any other student or worse a teacher. Jayden is talked about as The Author to people who know about what he does. He will respect and be friendly to people who do the same to him but does not take shit from anyone. He gets bored easily and gets impatient. Jayden is a trouble maker and likes to mess up other students and teachers with his powers. These are usually harmless pranks unless he doesn't like the person. He will resort to extremes to keep his secrets with threats, blackmail, etc. He does not enjoy doing this but sees it as necessary.

Bio:

Jayden lived a normal life not realizing he had powers until the age of 15. He than began to use them secretly to cheat and got caught at the age of 16 using his powers when a teacher walking by noticed that the words on Jayden's paper were appearing extremely quickly while his hand was only pretending to write. His parents quickly sent him to Raven Wing Academy before he would be killed by the hunters. They later claimed that Jayden ran away and didn't come back. When he arrived he originally thought he would be put down because how his power is different than most, but found out quickly it was embraced.

Dorm Mate:

N/A

Martial Status:

N/A

Appearance:

Only thing different is his skin colour he is 19 on Von Luschan's chromatic scale. It's not a big difference but I think it should be stated.

View attachment 308213

Other:

Hey man, I saw your character sheet.

And I did have a couple of problems with it, main one being that it seems really powerful. Since he can bring drawing, art and stuff like that to life, along with being able to build constructs with computer stuff and paper, pencils and things. On a similar note, what does the computer stuff have to do with writing and stuff?

But also, being able to read closed books and computers that aren't facing him, also seems kind of Op. Since there doesn't seem to be a limit there. Can he read through walls? How far away do these things have to be?

And the fact that he can activate spells that are written down in books (Which I don't think would be too uncommon in a school like RWA and would you be the one to point it out? Cause then you could just set up things to help you in a situation.) It just seems a bit overpowered.

I will say though, I do think this power seems interesting.

[/QUOTE]

GingerBread said:
Hey man, I saw your character sheet.
And I did have a couple of problems with it, main one being that it seems really powerful. Since he can bring drawing, art and stuff like that to life, along with being able to build constructs with computer stuff and paper, pencils and things. On a similar note, what does the computer stuff have to do with writing and stuff?

But also, being able to read closed books and computers that aren't facing him, also seems kind of Op. Since there doesn't seem to be a limit there. Can he read through walls? How far away do these things have to be?

And the fact that he can activate spells that are written down in books (Which I don't think would be too uncommon in a school like RWA and would you be the one to point it out? Cause then you could just set up things to help you in a situation.) It just seems a bit overpowered.

I will say though, I do think this power seems interesting.
Thanks for taking a look at it. (^.^)

I now feel like I should of been more specific. When he brings drawings and art to life it doesn't like manifest and fight for him or anything. It's brought it to life like an drawing of stick figure coming to life on the page. They can do no damage unless it's to other animated drawings on the same page/painting. All he really does with his part of the animating power is show off to others or play god with these animations. Only the 3D living things could actually cause harm like the constructs.

Computers tie in in the sense that you digitally write by typing. I guess I should maybe edit it to say word manipulation instead of writing manipulation to clear confusion.

When he can read closed books or computer screens I meant that he still has to see the closed book or see the computer monitor turned away from him to read them. So he cant see through walls or anything like that unless a wall has writing on the opposite side of it. In that case he could read that. The limit of how far is the typical persons eyesight (If he has his glasses on) otherwise it is much much shorter probably about a meter at most.When he does use this power it doesn't matter if the closed book is right in front of him or a cross a football field as long he can make out what the object is he can read it.

It only made sense to me that Jayden could activate books with special abilities or magic because he can control them. I assumed these books would be rare because RWA seems more like a supernatural ability school than magic. I don't know how I could make it less op without removing it completely. However, he wont know if it is special/magical unless he reads it. (Chances are he will use telekinesis on a bunch of books to throw at a enemy or something and be too concentrated on the fight and not bother to try and read any of the books he's throwing)

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Corrupted Data]I now feel like I should of been more specific. When he brings drawings and art to life it doesn't like manifest and fight for him or anything. It's brought it to life like an drawing of stick figure coming to life on the page. They can do no damage unless it's to other animated drawings on the same page/painting. All he really does with his part of the animating power is show off to others or play god with these animations.
Computers tie in in the sense that you digitally write by typing. I guess I should maybe edit it to say word manipulation instead of writing manipulation to clear confusion.

When he can read closed books or computer screens I meant that he still has to see the closed book or see the computer monitor turned away from him to read them. So he cant see through walls or anything like that unless a wall has writing on the opposite side of it. In that case he could read that. The limit of how far is the typical persons eyesight (If he has his glasses on) otherwise it is much much shorter probably about a meter at most.When he does use this power it doesn't matter if the closed book is right in front of him or a cross a football field as long he can make out what the object is he can read it.

It only made sense to me that Jayden could activate books with special abilities or magic because he can control them. I assumed these books would be rare because RWA seems more like a supernatural ability school than magic. I don't know how I could make it less op without removing it completely. However, he wont know if it is special/magical unless he reads it. (Chances are he will use telekinesis on a bunch of books to throw at a enemy or something and be too concentrated on the fight and not bother to try and read any of the books he's throwing)

[/QUOTE]
Ah, that makes more sense now and it does sound kind of cool, being able to draw stick men and making them duke it out (Reminds me of the old animations from back in the day :D )

No, I kind of understood that. But, you can also technically write and draw with a stone, or with chalk or even sauce if you're good enough. So it becomes kind of difficult to understand where the line is draw, you know? I don't have have problem with it too much, I was just a tad bit confused, you know?

Yeah, that sounds really quite overpowered. Because if he can make out the computer screen or book, he can just read it. Like, what if someone has important documents or something? Like, would you you ask them to specify what's on it? I'm just trying to think about it in Rp terms, 'tis a bit confusing.

Yeah, he can control them. But I wouldn't say he can use the magic in it, unless he's trained in it/born with the ability to use it, you know?

GingerBread said:
Ah, that makes more sense now and it does sound kind of cool, being able to draw stick men and making them duke it out (Reminds me of the old animations from back in the day :D )
No, I kind of understood that. But, you can also technically write and draw with a stone, or with chalk or even sauce if you're good enough. So it becomes kind of difficult to understand where the line is draw, you know? I don't have have problem with it too much, I was just a tad bit confused, you know?

Yeah, that sounds really quite overpowered. Because if he can make out the computer screen or book, he can just read it. Like, what if someone has important documents or something? Like, would you you ask them to specify what's on it? I'm just trying to think about it in Rp terms, 'tis a bit confusing.

Yeah, he can control them. But I wouldn't say he can use the magic in it, unless he's trained in it/born with the ability to use it, you know?
Yea I understand your confusion I often have a problem explaining the small details.

I tried to limit the things he could control to the objects that are meant to be used in writing. Or else like you said he would be able to control so much more. I guess he would be able to control chalk though because it is meant to be used in writing with chalkboards...hmm

I have to disagree with you how the reading part is overpowered. I think It would take someone fairly stupid to take out very important/classified information in the presence of other people or keep it in a visible spot. In the case of computers it's not like he can dig through the files or anything. He could only read what was on the computer screen at the time.

Yea I guess that makes sense. I'll remove that part.

[QUOTE="Corrupted Data]I have to disagree with you how the reading part is overpowered. I think It would take someone fairly stupid to take out very important/classified information in the presence of other people or keep it in a visible spot. In the case of computers it's not like he can dig through the files or anything. He could only read what was on the computer screen at the time.

[/QUOTE]
Okay maybe Overpowered was the wrong word, but again. How would you say what was on it, would you ask someone what was on the computer/in the book? Like if they had a diary and your character decided to take an interest in it.

I'm not against this power completely, but I'd like to know how you'd handle it, you know?

Everything else sounds fine though :)

GingerBread said:
Okay maybe Overpowered was the wrong word, but again. How would you say what was on it, would you ask someone what was on the computer/in the book? Like if they had a diary and your character decided to take an interest in it.
I'm not against this power completely, but I'd like to know how you'd handle it, you know?

Everything else sounds fine though :)
He wouldn't have to ask anything. If he got sight of it he would be able to read it. If he wanted to read someones diary he would have to just see it. Weather he searched and found it or just saw the person holding it or reading it ect. OHHHHHHH I get what you mean now!!! I'm really dumb. Yea I would have to ask the rper what it says if its not a neutral character.

EDIT: Or if the rper said what it was in a previous post.

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]Sorry for not posting a lot, Canada Day and all. I'l try and get a reply in sometime in the afternoon.

[/QUOTE]
Anything Canada related is a totally valid excuse

Veyd Sahvoz]She's on vacation I believe. Gods know how long that will be. But in the mean time you're stuck with [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22497-gingerbread/ said:
@GingerBread[/URL] and me! :D
Let's hold a funeral for me rn

Veyd Sahvoz]She's on vacation I believe. Gods know how long that will be. But in the mean time you're stuck with [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22497-gingerbread/ said:
Ew

Did you make a Percy Jackson reference.....?

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]Never seen or read it.

[/QUOTE]
Dishonor on your whole family! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!

....... those dam cows.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back