Other Random question of the day: The Discussions

Yes, eat whatever the hell you want, you only live once and whats the point in restricting yourself of good food for a temporary result?
Not that I think people shouldn't ever eat stuff that makes them happy, but...
If I'm not mistaken, restricting your diet is to try and prevent the one life you do live from being cut 50 years short? XD
That is to say, eating healthy is done to avoid long-term, or even permanent consequences

@-Random_Person- I think it does bear mentioning that the question wasn't "are vegetarians herbivores" but "are vegetarians the human equivalent of herbivores".
It's worth bearing in mind vegetarianism isn't the total conclusion of food derived from animals. Vegetarians or a vegetarian diet may include the consumption of eggs and milk, decidedly not vegetable. If you are referring to diets to the total exclusion of all animal products: you're thinking of veganism. Veganism itself is a complicated matter because you can just have dietary veganism or ethical veganism. Dietary veganism is to totally cut out all animal products, including fish from your diet. Ethical - or political - Veganism is the total exclusion of all animal derived products from your life (as you are reasonably able to do so).

To that end it's entirely possible to do either. The human body can handle it. There are individuals and societies that do one or the other and not only survive but thrive. It is however extraordinarily difficult to do so as an individual ethos and all the power to you as a person for doing it. We all live in societies that make that rigor a slog.

It's worth bearing in mind vegetarianism isn't the total conclusion of food derived from animals. Vegetarians or a vegetarian diet may include the consumption of eggs and milk, decidedly not vegetable. If you are referring to diets to the total exclusion of all animal products: you're thinking of veganism. Veganism itself is a complicated matter because you can just have dietary veganism or ethical veganism. Dietary veganism is to totally cut out all animal products, including fish from your diet. Ethical - or political - Veganism is the total exclusion of all animal derived products from your life (as you are reasonably able to do so).

To that end it's entirely possible to do either. The human body can handle it. There are individuals and societies that do one or the other and not only survive but thrive. It is however extraordinarily difficult to do so as an individual ethos and all the power to you as a person for doing it. We all live in societies that make that rigor a slog.

No I was not referring to the exclusion of all animal products nor did I say anything to suggest as much.

So I guess thanks for fun fact? But not super relevant there. Especially not now that it's been over a month since that discussion.

I feel like we lost a lot of fun, unique games when Flash was discontinued. I remember there used to be soooooo many free games that were fun to play and I really miss that aspect of the internet.
I cherish my flash emulator <3
I still play Papa's Freezeria for days

Idea Idea Well, from what I understand, an isekai is generally centered around a person from one world being transported to another world, and the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games usually revolve around a human who lives in a Pokémon world where humans and Pokémon coexist with each other, gets turned into a Pokémon themselves and transported to a Pokémon world populated solely by Pokémon where humans are viewed as a taboo, as usually when a human is brought to this world, it's a sign that something terrible is about to transpire. With all of that said, that's a good reason as to why the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games could qualify as an isekai.

KAOS KAOS I saw this on a church sign in a Stupid and Weird Signs video on YouTube, which is what inspired today's question.
Oh that's interesting
So, sort of a funny story, it aligns with the signs comment so I'll tell it to you.
When I used to be carpooled to work regularly I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ADORE LOVE screaming out church signs.
Like, the car is silent, people are tired and going into work for 4 AM and here I am belting out "JESUS LOVES YOU!"
I'm very lucky all my life my true friends have valued my eccentricities.
I still do it. But sometimes I pick and choose my audience. But the want is still there to belt it out.

to go with the signs, me and my dad read the road signs every now and then and the ONE he reads the same way every time is “Road Work Ahead”

“I sure hope it does!” IT MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH HIM!

another is on the way to Digimon there’s this one store and it’s OK hardwoods.

i always ask, what kinda hardwoods? and he says: the OK kind.

to go with the signs, me and my dad read the road signs every now and then and the ONE he reads the same way every time is “Road Work Ahead”

“I sure hope it does!” IT MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH HIM!

another is on the way to Digimon there’s this one store and it’s OK hardwoods.

i always ask, what kinda hardwoods? and he says: the OK kind.

Oh.My.Goodness. I literally do this BECAUSE my father used to sign scream all the time. He was extremely eccentric and I think that's why I do it. I carry on his legacy of sign screaming so he can hear I'm doing it from heaven/space whatever lol :P

Oh.My.Goodness. I literally do this BECAUSE my father used to sign scream all the time. He was extremely eccentric and I think that's why I do it. I carry on his legacy of sign screaming so he can hear I'm doing it from heaven/space whatever lol :P
love that!
IMG_0185.jpeg

Literally nothing would have happened because the distinction of "axis" and "allies" is a matter of framing. We just wouldn't be talking about the genocide of European Jews, instead the genocide of Bengali Indians

Literally nothing would have happened because the distinction of "axis" and "allies" is a matter of framing. We just wouldn't be talking about the genocide of European Jews, instead the genocide of Bengali Indians
Now: of you really wanted to cook with the WW2 alt history, better questions than "what if the sides were reversed" would've been:

- What if the Japanese had not bombed Pearl Harbor (extra credit: what would need to be done to lessen the strategic importance of that)
- What would have happened had the German Communist Revolution succeeded
- What would have happened had Trotsky won out in the Soviet internal power struggle after the death of Vladimir Lenin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back