• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 「 R E A P E R 」

147740226265187.png

R E A P E R

REAPER.

A mysterious organization, established in the year 2033 comprised of various experts in the fields of combat, science, technology, and politics. Their goals are unknown, but for now, they seem to be working with the World Union in upholding peace and order throughout the world. For a price, of course.

They are considered as one of the best mercenary groups out there, and are constantly being hired by different organizations for their exemplary service and profound expertise in the many fields which the world, as of today, revolves around. 

Hello everyone, Reinhardt here. I'll get straight to the point, so we don't waste much time and text.

This roleplay is all about the organization REAPER. Participants will be playing as the members of the said organization, taking on various missions and tasks to make the story progress. These missions vary in difficulty and rewards that the players' characters will be receiving should the tasks be accomplished.

This will also be a test drive for a certain system to be used in further projects of the same theme.

If you have heard of  『 B L A N K 』, the level of tech used there will be somewhat the same in here. That means AI, advanced weaponry, and a whole lot of that fancy stuff.

Now, some specifics. 

I highly value and recommend commitment. It is very difficult to have a person join then leave immediately afterwards. The plot gets messier and hard to adjust, especially when the player who left already has a character in. Posting will not be much of a problem, but it is recommended that you can create quality posts containing at least a paragraph with enough detail. One liners will not be tolerated. Posting two to three times a week is the recommended frequency.

If you are interested, please post below. The thread will be worked on as soon as there are at least 4-5 people who will be participating.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask below.

Last edited by a moderator:
No clue where to look in that Blank thing, so I'm just going to ask here. Are there cyborgs and mechs? Whether they're there or not, I'm interested. Having those two would just be a bonus for me.

Count me in. :D I've been itching to play a more futuristic  rp, and I love your gming Reinhardt.

I think I'm interested. I could see myself as a futuristic mercenary shootin' up baddies and gettin' the babes.

Personnally I think Private Military Corporation sits better with a organisation like this since mercenary's, by international law, are very much illegal.

When I think of this though, It does remind me a fair bit like Atlas PMC from Call of Duty.

While they may do the same job, the way they conduct themselves and operate are drastically different. As I said before there is also the issue of mercenaries being illegal, In addition to this a mercenary group would likely not have the resources to be nearly as large, pro-active or efficient as Reaper is said to be.

Again, from what I can tell, they're the same. Yes there's the matter of legality, but they're both hired to fight someone else. But that's just my opinion.

And he's a washed up top laner. I smell League of Legends. DotA at least.

Are there cyborgs and mechs?

Yes, though not in a scale that's its prominent in the entire world.

Human augmentations such as prosthetic appendages, and enhanced visual receptors are hard to find. Their prices, in return, are very high. It would cost a fortune to purchase one, let alone keep it in maintenance.

Mechs, on the other hand, are still under the prototype phase, only a handful would have them. Small scale mechs, such as exoskeletons and power suits, are prominent, though they are only developed for industrial purposes such as lifting heavy equipment, removing large debris, etc.

I am ... intrigued.

The "Oooooo" kind of intrigued, not the "Hmm" kind. The kind of intrigued that implies the subject matter is relevant to my interests.

Yes.

Ah, man this is really interesting. There might be a lot of people now, but I'm still dropping by to let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back