Chitchat Quotev Survivors

I was active from 2014-2016 and until 2019 more casually up through my teen years. I have not thought about Quotev in years but I jumped ship back when they first removed the groups and also because of cyberbullying (I have mixed feelings about the loss of social features because on the one hand I used to have some good roleplays back in the day. On the other, good lord were people mean). I found out about this site by proxy because I was looking at the stuff about Quotev going down to figure out what happened and saw this site recommended.

I've been keeping an eye on the enshittification of sites and if I had to guess the reason they did this might be if the owners are trying to sell the site or get investment on it, and it's a lot easier to sell it as a writing site. Or they wanted to cut costs by avoiding having to moderate social features in addition to writing features. Either way, it's probably just going to go downhill with alienating its old users and I doubt it'll ever get popular enough again to attract new users.

I was active from 2014-2016 and until 2019 more casually up through my teen years. I have not thought about Quotev in years but I jumped ship back when they first removed the groups and also because of cyberbullying (I have mixed feelings about the loss of social features because on the one hand I used to have some good roleplays back in the day. On the other, good lord were people mean). I found out about this site by proxy because I was looking at the stuff about Quotev going down to figure out what happened and saw this site recommended.

I've been keeping an eye on the enshittification of sites and if I had to guess the reason they did this might be if the owners are trying to sell the site or get investment on it, and it's a lot easier to sell it as a writing site. Or they wanted to cut costs by avoiding having to moderate social features in addition to writing features. Either way, it's probably just going to go downhill with alienating its old users and I doubt it'll ever get popular enough again to attract new users.
Yeah I been on Quotev far too know for fact they were cyberbullying on there LIKE forever. They even harassed me many times over the years calling me restarded over my disability and writing. I had friends I lost during quotev was still Quizazz and during Quotev because of rude girl kept saying bad things to them cussing them out. There are bullies in Quotev that would take anger on you for no reasons especially when you ban them for breaking rules in your group. 😐 They'll send 'friend' threaten that they'll report you when you know it's SAME PERSON!

Instead Quotev deleted them off , they delete victims who was being bullied by false accusations off the site. Some came back with new profile most didn't. Rpnation is more kinder, I don't see anyone harassing others in pms here.

Yeah I been on Quotev far too know for fact they were cyberbullying on there LIKE forever. They even harassed me many times over the years calling me restarded over my disability and writing. I had friends I lost during quotev was still Quizazz and during Quotev because of rude girl kept saying bad things to them cussing them out. There are bullies in Quotev that would take anger on you for no reasons especially when ban them for breaking rules in your group. 😐 They'll send 'friend' threaten that they'll report you when you know it's SAME PERSON!

Instead Quotev deleted them off , they delete victims who was being bullied by false accusations off the site. Some came back with new profile most didn't. Rpnation is more kinder, I don't see anyone harassing others in pms here.
To be fair for me I was a bit of an obnoxious kid and got into a lot of stupid fights, but it wasn't a good environment. I remember a lot lot of vagueposting and constant drama towards the end before i left. I think thankfully a lot of the instigators actually did get banned, but I also remember a good chunk of them would just keep remaking their accounts.

Forums do tend to be a lot more chill in my experience! It seems like most people on here are adults too, so that probably contributes to it haha

To be fair for me I was a bit of an obnoxious kid and got into a lot of stupid fights, but it wasn't a good environment. I remember a lot lot of vagueposting and constant drama towards the end before i left. I think thankfully a lot of the instigators actually did get banned, but I also remember a good chunk of them would just keep remaking their accounts.

Forums do tend to be a lot more chill in my experience! It seems like most people on here are adults too, so that probably contributes to it haha
I am not surprised 😭 there was two different people good ones and toxic one. Always drama. 😒

I had go mama bear on Quotev I am not parent but when I saw kids on activity saying someone bullying them I gone their profile went off on them all reported that jerk. 🤣 Deactivate with an hour.

I had go mama bear on Quotev I am not parent but when I saw kids on activity saying someone bullying them I gone their profile went off on them all reported that jerk. 🤣 Deactivate with an hour.
I'd do that too! When I quit using Quotev I was18 so I'd report a lot of things on behalf of younger users. I remember at one point there was something with a 19 year old on there dating a 13 year old, but I can't remember what came of that.

Ngl my thing with drama is that I'm normally a very chill person, but the second I'm in an environment with drama, it becomes so hard for me to disengage. That's one of the reasons I stopped using Quotev but also why I stopped using Discord because fast paced chatroom drama and me do not mix. Also why I'm trying to move back into forums because if some drama is quarantined to a thread it's a lot easier to drop it

Oh yeah, during 2018 -2022 us older people on there and even younger gather to report numbers of creeps on there harassing kids only on middle school. They were not 16! No, they were 12-14. We had more than five deactivated off it by reporting them numbers of times.

Seeing people in this thread that I previously roleplayed with, love that we're all struggling together at least 😭 i had a huge twisted wonderland and hunter x hunter rp group so i'm sad that it's getting nuked </3

hi everyone! here since quotev groups aren't anymore.. which sucks because I was just getting back into rping. been lurking here for a bit but finally decided to try it out, still getting used to things though

trying to download all my stuff quick because I totally forgot 🥲
not sure what time they actually remove the groups/messages

Users who are viewing this thread

Back