Quick DK Question

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
I realize I could just wait until Scroll of Lesser Races comes out next week, but I'm going to need the information before I can pick up the book. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Dragon Kings do not leave ghosts behind when their mortal shells die, that instead their souls pass on to the next life nearly immediately, imprinting on a laid egg and assimilating to the fetal Dragon King inside. Yet I can't remember where I read it. If it's in Ruins of Rathess, I've completely missed it upon rereading. And I'm pretty sure it's not in the Player's Guide, since I've been reading it pretty extensively over the last few days, cobbling DK things together for my next session.

If Dragon Kings don't typically have ghosts they leave behind, this brings to mind some questions. Under what circumstances do you think a Dragon King would form a ghost after death? A lack of suitable host eggs for its soul to pass into? Earth-shattering, unprecedented physical/magical disasters such as the destruction of Okeanos and the explosion of the orichalcum-filled volcano that was at the heart of it? A Deathlord or savvy necrotech experimenting until they chance upon a (possibly unrepeatable) way to make a Dragon King ghost?

Celestial Directions: The Underworld describes a group of Dragon King ghosts. It says how normally DKs don't make ghosts like humans do, but this group just willed themselves so hard to do it so that they could teach stalkers civilization.

Well... now we know its more likely that the Dragon King Ghosts are the result of that one Path Charm that allows them to become ghosts by committing motes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back