Questions about fey charms and Behemoths

Haku1

Ze Hamster of Lurkdom
This I've asked on the WW forum and elsewhere.

I have a question that I suspect would be best answered by the writers of the fairfolk book. ^_^ ;

Given the rules for behemoth forging meditation (GWM page 205), which basically states that as long as someone has (stamina + essence) less than the Raksha's intelligence, they can be made into a behemoth, you could make an exalt into a behemoth.

So what happens when you do that? Is said behemoth-exalt treated like a normal behemoth, complete with subsitution of abilities and attributes as normal behemoths are? Do they get attuned to?

Also, while in Creation, the behemoth is under the total control ofthe Fair Folk, does this mean that the behemoth can resist in the wyld? And what happens if the behemoth has certain stats that are high to glamour resist their fairfolk master who needs to do something wth/to said behemoth?

Also... Defining the Parameters of Battle (GWM page 213) seems rather broken in terms of what the innate power does from what I read; for the scene, the raksha negates parry DV penalties, and increase his parry DV by six at a cost of 1 glossamer per attack parried, even if the attack if normally unblockable.

Which means that if the fey have enough glossamer, he can push his DV up by 6 for each attack he parries using glossamer. Which means blowing 3 glossamer at the start of a fight = +18 parry DV for the rest of the scene. o.0

BFM only works in the Wyld, and only extremely weak exalted target can be shaped this way.

They can either be attuned to or be considered artifact 1... man... that is one sucky fate !

As suspected... but baby solars without certain charms would be eaten alive... :lol:

Well most are going to have at least 3+ in their pool, and if they were stupid enough to brave the Wyld without proper precautions... they clearly deserved their fate :twisted:

But I agree this charm is potentially extremely dangerous for any Creation born under essence 3.

Haku said:
Given the rules for behemoth forging meditation (GWM page 205), which basically states that as long as someone has (stamina + essence) less than the Raksha's intelligence, they can be made into a behemoth, you could make an exalt into a behemoth.
Throw in Unassailable Tower of Intelligence (masq.155) and it's slightly more scary. A raksha with Intelligence 7, Heart 5 and five points of gossamer could manage to convert someone with Sta + Ess up to 11. The target would have to be pretty lazy, though, since it's a Shaping charm.

Haku said:
Defining the Parameters of Battle... means that if the fey have enough gossamer, he can push his DV up by 6 for each attack he parries using gossamer. Which means blowing 3 gossamer at the start of a fight = +18 parry DV for the rest of the scene. o.0
You had me right up until the to the last sentence. I read the charm to say that the raksha can spend 5m, 1wp to activate the power. Then for the rest of the scene, he can spend one gossamer per parry to make that parry ignore penalties, block unblockable attacks and gain +6 DV. That is for each incoming attack, he spends a point of gossamer if he wants the effect to take hold for that attack only. This is similar to how this charm worked in 1E, where it was about the only way for raksha to get persistent defenses at all, but it burned through gossamer like mad.

Note that the way the phasing works, the gossamer per parry still needs to be paid, even if the charm is taken as a mutation.

Behemoth Forging is an instant effect. ^_^

Granted, the need to roll means that if you had the mutation imposition of law (Intelligence + Craft Glamour + Specialty Behemoths!) would make you pretty bad-ass.

As for the parry effect, I yeild. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back