Question: Merits

DukeGod said:
They are in Scroll of Heroes
Flaws and Merits are broken now xD ...disconsider their existence
They were broken back in 1st Edition as well, from all I hear. It's just more obvious now.

Kyeudo said:
DukeGod said:
They are in Scroll of Heroes
Flaws and Merits are broken now xD ...disconsider their existence
They were broken back in 1st Edition as well, from all I hear. It's just more obvious now.
The whole of Exalted is not well balanced at all, I don't think the Merit/Flaw system should be singled out. :P For me, I think that merits and flaws round out the character story-wise and make them more interesting. Except nightmares, ugh, don't ever take that flaw.

I think some of the Merits and Flaws that exist probably shouldn't. Sterility does not truely impair your character in any meaningful, mechanical way.

Kyeudo said:
I think some of the Merits and Flaws that exist probably shouldn't. Sterility does not truely impair your character in any meaningful, mechanical way.
Does that mean I can give Ascendent Destinies of Many Heirs to the immaculate chaps?

Kyeudo said:
Let's see...as a Dragonblooded...big trouble socially, not to mention that your largest advantage as an Exalt type is now not available to you. For other Exalts, no Half-caste supporters or followers. No Beastmen for the Lunar. Yes, there are ways to get around these problems... Neomah, I'm looking at you...but even that has its own dangers. Is it a major horribly penalizing thing? Not usually, however it does have meaningful effects. And not having an army of supernaturally powered children to raise up and conquer for you, or whatever you want can actually have real, mechanical effects.

Of course, some time I'm still tempted to make up the insane Sidereal who has an area where they're engaging in a social engineering experiment, sterilize all male mortals and allow only the Dragonblooded in the region father children, in an active goal to breed out normal humans and eventually result in no hosts for Celestial exaltations as there aren't any humans who aren't Exalts or destined to Exalt as Dragonblooded. I still haven't decided whether if I use it as an ST to have it be in some pocket realm sealed off in the Wyld, but where they eventually break through and invade Creation, or have it be some small nation in the Threshold that then tries to expand and conquer and assimilate the other nations around it.

Let's not forget that some of the Merits are of dubious value (I'm looking at you, Sorcererous Focus).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back