• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Project Guf: An urban sci fi fantasy rp (18+) (CLOSED)

true force

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• intro

cirque

sub urban

overview.

S
    ince the early 1900's, humanity's technological capability had exploded, yet remained barbaric compared to its magical counterpart. Hidden away from the rest of the world lied the ability to cure any illness, level entire towns, or even mass create false memories of events that never happened. In a time long before even death remembers, there was the War in Heaven, when the Realm of Shadows and this world collided, leaving behind the Nephil, the creatures that would come to be the source of the world's mythology and folklore. The two sides waged war, with King Solomon leading this clash, and while the Nephil were strong, they were far outnumbered, and a few groups taught humanity how to wield Tenebris Energy, granting them access to magic. Eventually both sides reached an agreement, and this agreement resulted in the Treaty of Two Worlds, in which the Nephil spilled the secrets of the arcane to a few thousand families and clans, in exchange for their protection, as well as the founding of the Council of Solomon. This treaty also did several things, one of which was limit the political power a mage can have in their respective country. But not all respected this treaty to its utmost. Some wanted wealth, some wanted power, but one group held avarice above the rest.

The Voldori family is an ancient Romanian mage family who runs the corporation known as Tecnet. They found 2 loopholes in the Treaty, the first being that they are a corporation, not a political power. the second, was that they could disguise magic as technology, and sell it. In 2024, Tecnet became the global leader of cutting edge technology. New medicine, transportation, weapons and what have you was all being produced globally by them. It is not uncommon to see the Light Rail trains transporting people to the 65th floor of a building. All of this has radically shaken the world and its economy. This all climaxed in 2026, with Tecnet ushering in the creation of artificial land, the artificial continent of Rodinia. This continent, raised in the pacific between Asia and North America, stands as humanity's greatest achievement. To the mage world though, this sounded sirens off and red alarms on all fronts. How could a spell of this magnitude even be possible, and would this ensue war between humanity and Realm of Shadows?

In 2028, after the radically fast construction of new, cutting-edge cities, Tecnet has rented out land to various international powers. In the middle of Rodinia, stands the tree Guf, a massive luminescent blue tree. To the rest of the world, this is merely a show of our progress, however, any mage worth his salt can tell this is a massive font for Tenebris Energy. Concerns all across the arcane world have been drawn, as Tecnet, and the Voldori has isolated their headquarters to just around the tree. They let no one in or out, even Council representatives. With the Treaty in the balance, and war on the horizon, mages have gathered to the city of Drezzen, each with their own stake to claim. The supposed collapse of a golden age sounds on the horizon, and a mysterious figure pulling the strings moves to make their hand...

intro

roles

rules

go and try,

good fxckin'
luck

genre

Action, mystery, urban fantasy, sci fi fantasy

status

accepting

gms

Force,Calamity

spots open

0/9

question

answer

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Hi guys, this is a pet project I've been cooking up. It's a magic as sci fi setting with anime style power systems and action. One of the things I also tried to go for was being in the "golden age" of a society rather than being in the collapse like most media.
This rp will have a good chunk of action and what not as well as exploring the world as people add on and what not. This will take place on here and you can message me for anything.
As I'm an adult and so is Co GM, this will be 18+. Obviously there won't be any smut, however, expect heavy action and body horror and sometimes heavy subjects. Obviously, we won't be doing anything like torture either, if anyone for some reason ends up in an interrogation situation it will fade to the next scene
I'll have applications and lore up shortly as well. IF there are any questions regarding anything feel free to ask

Edit: Extra lore here Multiple Settings - Project Guf extra lore couldn't link it to the page without it breaking

Last edited:
Hello all, I'm Pascal. I worked on a little bit of the cleric lore, and I'm happy to see this rp finally take off. I Look forward to meeting everyone who joins!

Hello there! I would also like to throw in my interest!

I'm thinking of making something along the lines of a seasoned detective.

I do I have to ask though, would the OOC be in discord or here on RPN?

Hi!!

Will have a read thru lore but rn interested in either Mage or Nephil

Actually hold up. Needs to know if like ooc is rpn or discord too

Hi!!

Will have a read thru lore but rn interested in either Mage or Nephil

Actually hold up. Needs to know if like ooc is rpn or discord too

I believe we're going to do OOC on RPN we just haven't made a thread just yet, we'll definitely get a thread for that going soon

How many races are there? Are there just humans? Or are there things like demons, humans with animal traits, are there magical automotons or robots?

Hi Guys I'll respond to everyone real quick, sorry I was battling a migraine. UK weather was doing a number on me

K well then in that case, it looks like I have to pick up that lore textbook and do some homework then lol
OOC can either be here or in discord whatever the majority prefers

How many races are there? Are there just humans? Or are there things like demons, humans with animal traits, are there magical automotons or robots?
Demons exist as theyre own thing and aren't classifed as Nephil, same with ghosts
Humans with animal traits could exist, you could explain this as having a nephil inter breeding with a human. Maybe try to make it a little monstrous if you can :)
Robots in this world would exist like you said as automatons. Tecnet however might have some advanced looking ones along the lines of Ex Machina. Tbh, I hadn't even thought of that as a role but I like it, if you wanted to make something Like that I might just give it it's own role

So demons, animalistic humans and automatons could all be playable?

Also, if we are putting it to a vote, Discord would be my preference for OOC.

So demons, animalistic humans and automatons could all be playable?

Also, if we are putting it to a vote, Discord would be my preference for OOC.
Yes and I'll make a role for extra dimensional entities and automatons. Animalistic humans would count as a demi nephil if that was where your features came from and would count as a mage. The nephil role is strictly nephil, and I might remove the limit on how many roles available there are
As for discord I'll make a server if enough people want it

Here is the applications for anyone interested. My CO gm will have his stuff shortly as well as mine in a few minutes after this migraine subsides

So what exactly is the main plot gonna look like? Is it a conflict between Tecnet and those who oppose it? Who is the main villain?

So what exactly is the main plot gonna look like? Is it a conflict between Tecnet and those who oppose it? Who is the main villain?
I have a main villain cooked up who I’ll post real quick in applications
Shadowed ones are meant to be bigger villains that the plot might revolve around for an arc or 2, that’s why they’re limited.
The Plot will open up with everyone plopped in Drezzen, and I will have the villain stir something huge up to shake the setting, and gradually everything will start to unfold involving Tecnet and what not. But for the first opening and what not I thought it would be good to flesh out the city and what not

Hi! Okay, so I was wondering how long or skilled of a detective do you have to be before being offered a position as a Maverick? Would it be possible to have someone who is close to becoming one or is one already?

Hi! Okay, so I was wondering how long or skilled of a detective do you have to be before being offered a position as a Maverick? Would it be possible to have someone who is close to becoming one or is one already?
oh shit i forgot to add something with them. Mavericks are supposed to be these like magically mutated killing machines. Imagine a Nemesis from RE but flinging out spells :) if you wanted to make one you could either be recruited or magically grown like a homunculus I suppose. A detective character who would be close to being "recruited" like this would have to be decently well established enough for the Council to look at you go "this would be a useful tool"
I'll add this to the lore so theres no more confusion, my bad and apologies

Shadowed ones are meant to be bigger villains that the plot might revolve around for an arc or 2, that’s why they’re limited.
The Plot will open up with everyone plopped in Drezzen, and I will have the villain stir something huge up to shake the setting, and gradually everything will start to unfold involving Tecnet and what not. But for the first opening and what not I thought it would be good to flesh out the city and what not
Is there like a task force (cops, special agents, a guild, vigilantes, whatever) made up of mages and other magical entities that fight Shadowed Ones as well as other threats and criminals? I want to make a character that's a naive, wannabe superhero, using their magic to fight threats.

Is there like a task force (cops, special agents, a guild, vigilantes, whatever) made up of mages and other magical entities that fight Shadowed Ones as well as other threats and criminals? I want to make a character that's a naive, wannabe superhero, using their magic to fight threats.
detectives are the law enforcement with mavericks being these mutated killing machines you might consider a special age (like Nemesis from rese 3) If you wanted to make a guild or order or something you can, me and my Co GM have 2 characters in a group called the Crimson Hand who are kind of like magical wet workers, so your free to join that too :). If you were just making a mage, your role would be mage, its the most openly varied role of the bunch besides human

oh shit i forgot to add something with them. Mavericks are supposed to be these like magically mutated killing machines. Imagine a Nemesis from RE but flinging out spells :) if you wanted to make one you could either be recruited or magically grown like a homunculus I suppose. A detective character who would be close to being "recruited" like this would have to be decently well established enough for the Council to look at you go "this would be a useful tool"
I'll add this to the lore so theres no more confusion, my bad and apologies

Ooohhh roger that! I was planning on someone along the lines of specializing in mental magics so hunting down criminals and figuring out what truly happened during a crime comes far easier to them.

A private investigator that became a detective if you will XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back