Potential Game-to-be

What kind of Exalt would you be interested in?

• Solar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lunar

• Dragon-Blood

• Abyssal

• God-blood

• Mortal

• Other (write in reply post)

• Total voters
no one calling for mortals?

I like the idea of playing mortals, who may (or may not exalt)... fun stuff less dice to roll as well ;)

Nobble said:
no one calling for mortals?
I like the idea of playing mortals, who may (or may not exalt)... fun stuff less dice to roll as well ;)
And yet when I make a game that is exactly that, you and everyone else here ignores it.

I may have to stab things soon.

Speaking up so that I don't miss out on another game due to too much lurking, not enough posting: I'm interested, both for Lunars or DBs. Though if it's the former, I have to convince myself to not go with a Pistol Shrimp warform.

TherealBrickwall said:
And yet when I make a game that is exactly that, you and everyone else here ignores it.
I may have to stab things soon.
Well, I've been busy... ^_^ ;;;

Also, the last heroic mortal game I was in died quickly (not the characters, just the game itself).

Speaking up so that I don't miss out on another game due to too much lurking' date=' not enough posting: I'm interested, both for Lunars or DBs. Though if it's the former, I have to convince myself to not go with a Pistol Shrimp warform.[/quote']
That's an... interesting choice of totem.

But in any case, it's looking like it'll be a DB game. While, again, this isn't close to being ready to play, I will put up a synopsis/description of it in a few days to see what the general reaction is.

I have thought up a DB character I want to play. Should I be talking about such ideas now, or wait for the game plan?

Oh, and you should realize that you have at least a month before you need more than once scene of play ready, correct? No need to take it so slow with the startup. Life's short.

Got a smashy & sullen Earth aspect from Gethamane almost ready to go, assuming Outcastes are still the plan. If not, I'll probably go for a Water aspect martial artist.

Yeah, yeah... just wanted to get classes done for the week before I put up any more stuff.

Ok, the basic premise/setting:

Takes place in the East/100 Kingdoms region. Several kingdoms that border each other have formed an alliance among themselves, and are trying to cement their power block before any of the stronger local powers, or the Realm itself, tries to interrupt or take over. To do so, they are holding an exhibition to allow individuals or groups to display their talents for possible hire. While mercenaries are some of the most obvious people to attend, the rulers are also looking for scholars, engineers, and other talented individuals.

The PCs would be playing Outcaste DBs (or, if they wanted to, God-blooded or even Heroic Mortals. Possibility of exalting if someone chose that, but if so don't be counting on it) who are heading to take part in the exhibition and find a patron.

And that's pretty much what I have so far for it. I was originally going to make it a Martial Arts based game, but decided to make it more generalized.

I feel vaguely disconcerted that NOTHING has been posted in this forum, whether in reply to this, or one of the other threads. Have I somehow caused a posting-coma?

You, you... coma-poster!

I've actually just been holding onto my sheet while waiting for an official signal to go ahead and post it. I've got a few details to finish out, but I can stick up my submission whenever you want.

Sorry, got distracted. Yes, for days. It happens.

I have a concept, but it involves a request. You know how a few Terrestrials are born with the ability to use Necromancy as opposed to Sorcery? Would I be able to play one of those? If not, that's fine, I can get another concept.

TherealBrickwall said:
I have a concept, but it involves a request. You know how a few Terrestrials are born with the ability to use Necromancy as opposed to Sorcery? Would I be able to play one of those? If not, that's fine, I can get another concept.
Hm... can you cite the page(s) this is mentioned? I recall reading that, but can't remember where, or the exact details.

And Slime, I'd say hold off for now, as I may be houseruling some parts of character creation. If you really want me to see it, though, PM it to me.

In the Black and White Treatse, in the necromancy section. The page number eludes me at the moment, but it's in the section talking about who uses Necromancy. Long and the Short of it is that some DBs can't learn sorcery and have pale animas that fill in and get all spookyfied if they learn the Shadowlands Circle Necromancy charm.

Page 17 of the Black Treatsie side , 'Dragons of a different colour'

also, count me interested...... (the game, not the necro-db)

Out of curiosity, are you of the Terrestrial Circle Sorcery grants emerald coutermagic and emerald banishment train of though or perhaps the grants one spell known group? If not it's fine, just checking as i was thinking an Air caste...

Out of curiosity' date=' are you of the Terrestrial Circle Sorcery grants emerald coutermagic and emerald banishment train of though or perhaps the grants one spell known group? If not it's fine, just checking as i was thinking an Air caste...[/quote']
Haven't really thought about it that much. I'd lean more toward one spell, or none, depending on how generous I was feeling. Not the countermagic and banishment combo, though.

Ok, new detail...

If you want to take part in this game when it does start, please send me... either in PM or posting here in the thread... a description of your character idea before you start statting them up. This will help me prep plot hooks and such. As well as seeing if your characters will be able to work together without too many internal conflicts arising.

I'll be running this game with a max of 5 PCs.

*name pending* is an Air Aspect whose Exaltation was corrupted with Necromancy. Due to the sudden onset of what appeared to be sickness, she was taken to doctors, and eventually, magicians, far and wide. After years of searching, the truth was finally revealed. Her bleak Exaltation caused her family to shun and fear her (though the appearance of disease made her somewhat of an outcast before that), and soon her life's ambition became to cure herself of the corruption. She became obsessively studious of Essence, and stopped at nothing to get hold of even a whisper of information on the topic. Her means are often ambitious enough to be illegal, lending her some rather adventurous skill sets. Her knowledge of magic, despite having no Sorcery, can be invaluable, and she can direct her singlemindedness to other pursuits if need be. She is, however, not terribly pleasant to be around unless she's trying to get something from you (and that's only before she decides force just might be easier).

Ok, I have concept submissions from Atrius Night, Slime Node, and TherealBrickwall already. Room for two more if anyone wants to play under this fledgling ST.

Well, there's been a fourth applicant, but their first concept had a number of discrepancies with parts of the Exalted background. Things are being worked out on that part, but they're progressing a bit slowly due to the person's schoolwork taking up their time.

Aaaaand there's 5. Just waiting to see Isley and IdyllicSilence's concepts, and I'll be able to start putting things together and have people start statting up their characters.

Just to note, the three people I have concepts from (Slime Node, TherealBrickwall, and Atrius Night) are as of the moment playing an Earth and two Air aspects. While I don't need/mind a non-perfect Circle, I would suggest against having only those two elements for the sake of power diversity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back