Post apocalyptic Creation

Well souls are indeed a source of power, and can be used to power things, but do not need to be destroyed in the process.

Soulsteel is one example. Some artifacts / spells store souls to consume them later.

I kinda remember that Varan's soul was trapped by the Lion and forged into Varan's ruin. So it may be possible that a single soul with a higher essence can be sufficient to create a powerful artefacs.

Maybe the soul gem wasn't the best example, but could a soul be used to feed energy to a simple construct (the way a hearthstone does) by some device slowly extracting the essence out of a soul ?

Why drain souls, thereby presumably exhausting them eventually, when they're essentially essence generators anyway? That's basically what they're for in the first place, feeding essence to various spirits. Prayer, y'know?

Because as all magical constructs do, necro machines will need energy to work. Making them artifacts isn't a solution, so they need to be self sufficient to operate continuously.

Necro tech uses necromancy to animate the creation, but it has a weakness, it can be broken and not many beings can use this to create larger / more effective constructs.

Prayers are a good source of essence though... and we could imagine a system where all necro machines are linked to the entity Lion / Auto or decision makers in the area so that they could activate them by redirecting essence to them.

I also had planned to make good use of IAM's nodes to work as information processing network, hyper efficient when you want to crush adversity.

Kay I found something some more stuff...

Yasal crystals which are rather powerful, and the soulgem description itself.

If the soulgem traps both souls as said, then it could possibly animate necro machines, the way that necromancy is used to fuel necrotech constructs, and the way the soulgem fuel the human bodies or give a soul to the autochtonians. (gotta get more infos on the making of the autochtonians)

So, the Lion / Maker could probably build a whole new batch of deadly creatures, but even loyal servants and future denizens of his necro world, merging cold hard soulsteel with necrotech stuff and adding a soulgem to fuel the whole thing.

This way the "things" haunting the shadowlands would be partly "human" but tortured, or turned to use the lower side of them.

22 days and another dreadful revelation about negative essence and abyssal demesnes later... I've got horrible ideas.

Since "negative/abyssal essence" has always existed in this world - the first to have used it was Autochton when he wiped out the old race - if the Lion gets his hand on Autochton forces, then he will have the means to create small abyssal demesnes and turn other demesne into abyssal, setting the base for shadowlands.

On another note: what if the Lion had made a deal with Autochton instead of forcing him to merge with him.

Come to think about it even for a deathlord, merging with a Primordial is... too big... the fraction that the deathlord's mind represents is really insignificant compared to the mind of a Primordial.

But the Lion could have killed all of his sub souls (except for the core), and made the following deal while autochton was still weakened: "Free me and make me your core soul, or I'll kill you and you'll join your tormented brothers waiting endlessly for Oblivion to come and devour you".

Autochton obviously would have accepted, and the Lion would have become something closer to a 3rd circle now, more powerful than he is now, but he would also obviously have been altered, so would the Machine God, and he probably would have rather stayed dormant, with the insurance that his new core soul would go and put the Neverborn back to sleep and anihilate their servant... but that he would also never bring an end to either Creation and the Underworld... waiting for the day that someone awakes him again and that he regain control over his full power.

Which gives a faint and unknown light of hope for such a setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back