Pokken Tournament, Let's talk roster.

DiamondJack

Most Call Me Jack
So, as you may know, the creators of Tekken are creating a fighting game with Pokemon as the fighters. So far three fighters are confirmed: Machamp, Lucario, and Blaziken. I was thinking of roster ideas and I decided to put together a roster of 40 Pokemon, including the above Pokemon.

Aggron

Alakazam

Beartic

Bisharp

Blaziken

Breloom

Cacturne

Charizard

Chesnaught

Conkeldurr

Delphox

Diggersby

Electivire

Gallade

Garchomp

Gardevoir

Gengar

Golurk

Greninja

Heracross

Hitmonchan

Hitmonlee

Kabutops

Leavanny

Lopunny

Lucario

Machamp

Magmortar

Medicham

Nidoking

Nidoqueen

Pangoro

Poliwrath

Primeape

Rhyperior

Sceptile

Scizor

Scrafty

Swampert

Toxicroak

These are the 40 pokemon I think would work best in Pokken Tournament. Did I miss a favorite of yours? Opposed to any of the above pokemon? Ideas? Comments?

I'd love to see Mienshao in there personally. It's a Fighting-type with a unique style that would fit right in I'm sure! I could see it being a 'hard to catch but not hard-hitting' sort of character, you know?

I'm sure we can all agree that Greninja will sooner or later be dlc for it. But I'd like to see the game with this ba roster!

SentaiSenpai said:
TT~TT I just want Dragonite to get some love again, is that so much to ask?!
I mean, Dragonite's gotten to be a support Pokemon in the game. :o

[QUOTE="Unown God]To Nintendo... yes. Sucks doesn't it. I've felt worse tho

[/QUOTE] Yeah technically it's not the worst thing to happen to Pokemon *COUGH* TRUBBISH *COUGH* xD

Pine said:
I mean, Dragonite's gotten to be a support Pokemon in the game. :o
I remember a time when he was the strongest pokemon the elite four had to offer, but support is fine I guess... xD Gotta make room for more spam happy sentient decorations.

Come on guys. Lets take off the nostalgia glasses and be real here.

barney3.png

Dragon types have seen some better designs.

Personally, I'm happy with the roster they have. Pikachu-libre is a bit of an overkill and a bitch to fight but I'm happy with it. Might be a bit biased though. Sceptile's my second favorite Pokemon and well. :^)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pine said:
Come on guys. Lets take off the nostalgia glasses and be real here.
barney3.png

Dragon types have seen some better designs.

Personally, I'm happy with the roster they have. Pikachu-libre is a bit of an overkill and a bitch to fight but I'm happy with it. Might be a bit biased though. Sceptile's my second favorite Pokemon and well. :^)
NO! *Puts on more nostalgia glasses and sulks in the corner.*
xD Nah but for reals, I know there are other dragons people like more, but Dragonite has always been my favorite. I think his simplistic design is nice. I feel like some pokemon get bogged down with too many designs shoved onto them and just kinda look like a fustercluck, Dragonite doesn't really suffer from that. Plus He can be portrayed as a total badass, or a gentle sweetheart. Personally I think their roster choices could have been better, but I've seen worse.

[QUOTE="Unown God]Way worse?

[/QUOTE] Eh, kinda... I mean it's pretty much on par with the SFV roster... Not the worst ever, but there's definitely a list of characters you know should have made the cut.
Best examples I can think of would probably be in SFV: Blanka and Sagat, and Pokken: Hawlucha and Hitmonchan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back