• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Orange Islands (RolePlay Thread)

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Floric
Spinzar

Name: Floric Spinzar

Reactions: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101 godjacob godjacob

Cordinator Class

Floric

"It all about the little moments old man! Lead to the Finale!" Floric smiled and stepped forward into the clearing. Pulling a pokeball out, he tossed it forward and out popped a green Roselia. Immediately did a backflip and raises its hands with a smile as it said "Roooooselia!" It paused as it saw the cowd of pokemon and people. Immediately a sweatdrop appears down its face and it laughed nervously. Floric whistled and beckoned the pokemon to him, and Bubu scampered over. His Masquerain appeared as well, floating beside his head. Whispers would happen for a moment. Floric even pulling out a notebook and opening it. the two pokemon leaning in to look.

Stuff is quiet for the minute. A few shakes of heads. Bubu looking at the crowd and nervously waving, but soon Floric snaps the notebook close and nods. He nods at his pokemon and walks back to stand beside Reggie. He nudges him and says "Usually they like more prep time." As soon as those words came out his mouth Gulpin shouted "GULPIN!".

"Time is up eh? Alright cuties! Show them what you got!" Floric clapped his hands and shouted "SHOWUS WHAT YOU GOT!" Floric strikes a pose, pointing forward..and immediately the Masquerain shot up into the air in a gust disappearing for a moment with a flap of its wings! The Roselia stands before everyone, bowing its head..and then raising its arms and a bussel of leaves shoot from it into the air. The leaves flash colors as they go into the air and seem to dance in the wind. Roselia grabs one of the leaves that fell and brings it to its lips. It takes a breath and then a melodic slow tune started to play. A tune that was loud but slow, the notes drawling and carrying on into each other. As the song starts, Masquerain floats down its wings flapping. Gusts of wind keeping the magical leaves afloat as the flying pokemon gently seems to land on one of the bigger ones..drawing its wings around itself and a sweet scent filled the air as the whistle pitched higher and higher...then it stopped. Everything froze. With a loud trill, the whistle picks up again. A quick succession of trills that broke the calm melody, and the leaves started to move towards the Masquerain rapidly.

Floric smiled as Roselia shot out more magical leaves and they raced for the Masquerain, Cheeky. Cheeky shot forward, her form racing as she raced through the sky. It almost looked like it was hopping among the leaves. Her body moving and dodging in a impromptu dance also like a ballet dancer. Water shooting from her to blast leaves out of the air, which in turn reflected the light of the glowing magical leaves. A array of colors in the sky as Masquerain danced and Roselia popped off on her leaf Whistle. A beautiful sight.

Yet the leaves stuck to Cheeky, slowly but surely they stuck to the pokemon and almost covered them. Soon the Masquerain was covered in leave and shot to the ground. Rosleia raised her head as she played the whistle faster and faster...and right before hitting the ground the Masquerain stopped, hovering..a large of gust flowing over its body. Stripping the leaves off of it, and allowing it to spread its wings fully. "MASQUERAIN!" The pokemon shouts triumphantly. Roselia bounced and played a soft trill again, melodic and slow. All the leaves slowly floating to the ground.The Masquerain floated to the ground and bowed its head before unfurling itself and hovering upside down. The Roselia itself bowed and then ate played a final note before hiding its face behind its flowery hands.

Floric clapped himself for his teammates and laughed turning towards Reggie and the judges. He grinned and asked "What you think?"

He looked over waved to Adrianne and Briar "Welcome back! Hope you caught some of that!"

Reginald Valerias1719101519822.png
Date: June 2, 2022
Interactions: Floric Spinzar, Adrianne Silvers, Briar Hightower
Mentions: N/A
Sir Mayday Sir Mayday godjacob godjacob ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101
WCS Rank: 80,906
Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Mankey
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Missy the Misdreavus
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifloon
Elvira the Munna
Jones the Frillish (male)
Legion the White-Striped Basculin

Reggie's expression became flat when he was called 'old man' again, but his eyes were immediately drawn to the Roselia that popped out. He almost felt bad for how shy it was, it honestly reminded him of his Misdreavus. Great potential for Contests and performances, but an absolute shy sweetheart.

He waited for Floric to get done with his planning, his eyes scanning the forest. Weren't his Frillish supposed to be watching from the treeline? Where did he go?

His attention was snapped back as Floric came back to him, and the show began. Whereabouts of his Frillish became a non-concern as he was sure that jellyfish ghost could take care of himself. He just hoped it didn't go anywhere near the people.

The show before him was absolutely captivating. It wasn't just some cool flashy movements, it told a story, something that wasn't lost on Gordon or Emeric either. The Mankey and Shiny Haunter stared in awe, sparkles in their eyes at the gorgeous display of a story about progress and struggle.

When it was over, Reggie was snapped out of his stupor when Floric asked him. "It was... incredible." His voice was pretty high-pitched for a guy. He noticed Briar and Adrianne had came back and he waved at them. But before he spoke to them, he went back to Floric, blue eyes sparkling with glee. "That was so amazing! I hadn't seen a performance tell a story like that unless you're like some advanced performer! Have you gotten any ribbons from contests or done any other kind of performances similar?"

He was so psyched out and his Haunter seemed to be feeding off of it, twirling about behind Reggie as he was unable to contain himself. Gordon, on the other hand, had his interest piqued by something else and he was staring off into the treeline.

Last edited:

Reginald Valerias1720554738005.png
Date: June 2, 2022
Location: Pokémon Park, Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago > Unova
Interactions: Floric Spinzar, Adrianne Silvers, Briar Hightower
Sir Mayday Sir Mayday godjacob godjacob ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101
WCS Rank: 80,906
Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Mankey
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Missy the Misdreavus
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifloon
Elvira the Munna
Jones the Frillish (male)
Legion the White-Striped Basculin
Scyther

After all the hubbub died down, Reggie realized his Mankey was missing. He also got a text from his father - to call him immediately - and he felt his heart sink.

"Ah, sorry, fellas, but I think my journey with you guys has been cut short. My dad wants me to call, and knowing him, it's likely some business I have to deal with at home." Reggie then bowed. "Thank you, Floric, for the amazing spectacle. I hope to see you again someday. And Adrianne, Briar, it's so good to travel with you two for as long as I have. I hope you three find what you're looking for and get closer to your goals and dreams."

With that, he ran towards the treeline, where he found his Frillish attacking the Scyther that Mankey was friends with. Sighing, he went ahead to pull the Frillish away, startling the blue jellyfish and surprising the Scyther enough to stop mid-swing. "You okay, Jones?" He asked, the Frillish looking at him with some surprise, maybe awe, and then crossed his tentacles and looked away. "Heh, you want to continue fighting?" Jones nodded, and then slipped out of Reggie's hold to face off against the Scyther.

Readying himself, Reggie decided to help the Frillish with this fight, with Mankey watching the fight with awe. The Scyther agreed to the fight, and Reggie commanded Jones - who respected him enough to listen, whittling down the Scyther's energy enough with shots of Water Pulse and Night Shade. Jones got the Scyther close to being knocked out and - upon seeing the agitated look Gordon had - threw a Net Ball. The Scyther was surprised and fell into the ball, easily catching it.

Gordon looked up at Reggie, eyes watering. Reggie patted Jones on the head, rewarding him for his good behavior, and returned him, before picking up the Mankey and putting him on his shoulder. "I don't want to leave this island without bringing your friend along."

Gordon squealed happily, hugging Reggie's head and nuzzling it. Reggie chuckled, petting Mankey's head before going into his phone to call his dad.

"Yeah, what's up, daddy-o?"

"Bit of a family emergency. We've already sent your mom's Braviary to pick you up. Tangelo Island, yeah? Bird'll be at the Pokemon Center."

"Thanks, dad. I'll be there quick." With how calm his dad sounded, it made him wonder if this was really an emergency or this was his famous 'stoic' look. He made his way to the Pokemon Center, leaving the park and then hopping on his mother's Braviary to leave, flying back home to Unova.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~
~Reactions: Adrianne, Reggie, Floric...~

As the battle went on, seeing Floric and Reggie's pokémon go at it began to give Briar some ideas. Briar took a few moments to admire the flying bug's performance. Responding to Floric,

"I really like the elegant ballet moves on your masquerain." As everything seemed to be running smoothly, a bit of an abrupt unexpected response from Reggie presented itself. With a look of concern, Briar glanced at Reggie.

"That sounds concerning. I really hope everything is okay with your folks, Reggie. do take care getting back now. It was a pleasure traveling with you as well. Take care!" Briar looked at Baba then at Adrianne, then at Baba again who was too busy giving Briar the stink eye look for no discernible reason, briar looked at Floric and shrugged.

"Well that was certainly something! Anything you guys would like to do here while we have time or just head out as well? We could always arrive at the docks early or enjoy the park a little longer" briar crossed her arms.

Reginald Valerias1720757070271.png
Date: June 5, 2022
Interactions: N/A
Reggie’s Pokémon Team:
Gordon the Mankey
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Freydis the Scyther
Bob the Shedinja
Elvira the Munna
Jones the Frillish
Legion the Basculegion (Red)

In Unova, June 2nd…

“What’s going on?” Reggie walked up to his father after dismounting the Braviary, scratching the bird’s neck.

His father approached him, and Reggie couldn’t help but realize just how much of a spitting image he was of his father, if his father had blond hair. “You remember your cousin, Annie?”

Reggie’s eyebrow furrowed. “Yeah? What happened to her?” His hand stalled on the Braviary’s neck.

“I can sense something is wrong with her. Please, see to it that she’s safe. I would do so, but unfortunately I’m busy with something else and I think this would be great practice for you.” His father gave him an encouraging smile, a pat on the shoulder, and then left to grab his Zebstrika and ran off the property.

Reggie watched his father go, then looked up at the Braviary with a quirked eyebrow.

~~(TW: Body Horror, Supernatural Horror, Mock Suicide)~~

Reggie left his Pokémon aside from his Munna, Haunter, and Shedinja at the house and changed into his more casual suit before leaving on the Braviary, flying into the main portion of Opelucid City and landing near the northern end to a quaint little cottage specifically made to look like it was a part of the nature in its backdrop.

However, Reggie can feel something strange coming from within, his Haunter shivering from an eerie sensation. Taking a deep breath, Reggie took a deep breath and settled his aura as he was taught. He felt his aura encapsulate the immediate area around him, creating a sort of bubble around his body. Once that was established, he walked up to the door and knocked, his Haunter delving into his shadow to hide.

“Coming!” The sound of a little girl echoed out from within the home before it was opened by a young girl with dark brown hair pulled back with a hairband and bright blue eyes, similar in hue to Reggie’s father’s side of the family. However, he can definitely feel a sinister feeling from her, but she seemed alright so…

“Hey, Annie. Can I come in?” He asked, putting on a sweet smile.

“Sure thing, cousin.” She skipped further into the home, letting Reggie come in and close the door behind him. “You want something?”

Reggie nodded as he looked around the home. Plants were well taken care of, the sigils and tokens of spirit warding were in place on the doors, things have been cleaned and put away… Everything seemed to be in its place, all except… “Yeah, just wondering how you and your parents are doing. Where are they? Shouldn’t they be home?”

The girl paused and her fists clenched, making Reggie anxious, but she turned around and had a big smile, which only magnified his concern. “They had an errand to run today. They said they’ll be back soon.”

Reggie didn’t know how to respond to that answer, but he just nodded slowly. “Right. Uh, I’d like some tea, if you don’t mind.”

“Okay!” Her cheerful disposition felt more genuine this time, from what Reggie could tell. It concerned him. First, the fact her parents didn’t open the door as she was still nine and too young to be talking to strangers so haphazardly (what if he weren’t the one knocking?). Second, the strange eerie and sinister sensation he felt from her. Third, her hesitation when asking where her parents were.

Granted, it could just be him seeing things, her parents were probably actually busy, and she was probably irritated that they both left her alone. He needed more information.

Annie came by with some hot tea, but curiously Reggie didn’t hear the tea kettle go off. “What did you use to make the tea?”

Annie giggled and whispered to him despite no one being here to overhear. “Heehee, it’s a secreeet~.” She then skipped away, going into the kitchen. “I’ll make you some toast, too.”

Well, Reggie hadn’t heard a microwave’s beep (granted, she could just keep it from beeping by opening it early), but the cup itself wasn’t piping hot. He looked at the liquid and saw it was a bit dark… Was this coffee?

He took an experimental sip, and immediately set it down as the bitterness overloaded his mouth. He spat it back out, and made a disgruntled grunt, putting his sleeve against his lips. Why was that so gross?!

He looked at it again, swearing he saw something inside of it. A swirl pattern? It was barely visible, so he took his finger and stirred it. Immediately, the dark brown liquid became purple and the swirl became a vibrant yellow before losing its shape.

Eyes widening, Reggie recognized it immediately. A Sinistea.

Looking around, he made sure Annie wasn’t there before sitting back and stretching out his hand towards the teacup, his palm facing it. He remembered his father saying that - due to his gifted empathy ability for Ghost-Types and the psychic gift he received from his mother - he can establish a mental connection with them without the use of a trained Psychic-Type. He enveloped the teacup in his aura, and spoke softly and calmly. “Sinistea… It’s alright, I won’t hurt you. Please, lend me your aid.” The teacup shivered a little, and Reggie only received one word in response, echoing in his head.

‘RUN’

“Reggie…”

Reggie froze up, concentration broke as he slowly looked over at Annie. Her fists were clenched, head bowed as her face was scrunched.

“You didn’t like the tea, did you…?”

Why was that her only worry? Reggie recomposed himself and put his hand away, raising an eyebrow. “Uh, n-no, I didn’t.” Better be honest, but she was really starting to concern him.

Her fists shook, making Reggie stare at them, readying himself if the girl decided to assault him. But she didn’t act yet. Her voice shook. “But… I worked so hard to make it just for you… So, drink it…”

“Huh?”

“I said, DRINK IT!” She slammed her fist on the table, causing the teacup to rock and Reggie to quickly stand up and back away. Reggie suddenly felt the fear emanate from the Sinistea as it hopped off the table and slipped under a cabinet nearby.

Reggie held up his hands, his aura working to create a more dense barrier around him as “Annie” looked up at him, her once blue eyes now tinged a strange purple-green.

“I can feel it, you know… I can feel your aura… It’s juicy…” The girl walked towards Reggie, each step more of a partial stumble, putting all the weight in each foot as she took a step with it. Reggie backed up a bit more, his teeth gritting.

“What did you do to Annie?” He growled, uncertainty clouding his vision.

“Silly boy… Annie isn’t here… No, I’m Annie now.” The girl giggled, her body becoming mulch, skin bubbled and sloughed off, yet her body continued to stumble, then crawled towards Reggie, her arms breaking and bending at unnatural angles.

Eyes widened, pupils dilated, hair rose, knees shook. Reggie quickly backed away, whimpering as he threw random items he could get his hands on to stop Not-Annie’s advance, but she just twisted her body, avoiding the items with practiced ease.

Reggie hit the wall and dove to the side, Not-Annie crawling up the wall as she turned a little late, but continued to follow Reggie, the wall only helping her travel towards him.

“Shadow Ball!” He called out, a sphere of ghostly energy shot out of his shadow and at the creature, making it cry out with a shrill, inhuman screech. Haunter flew out of his trainer’s shadow, chortling at the recovering creature.

“So cute… So futile…” It giggled, and then reached out towards Emeric, the small girl’s hand suddenly turning dark, darkness energy grasping at the ghost. Emeric’s specter skin shuddered and he zipped back into the shadow, avoiding the darkness.

Purple mist seeped from the skin of Not-Annie, the girl’s body writhing and warping as it continued its horrific crawl. Another Shadow Ball was shot out from Reggie’s shadow as Reggie scrambled to his feet and tried to run, panic setting in as the spherical energy barely did anything. It only made it mad.

It lunged at him, Reggie wailing and slamming his back against a door, feeling something hard dig into his back and then-

Nothing.

Reggie fell back and felt ungodly pain as his body rolled down the stairs to the basement. He sat up, groaning. Blearily, he looked in front of him and saw what likely dug into his back. The doll that was on the door earlier. The thing crawled up to the stairs, but stopped just short of going down the steps. Reggie looked up the stairwell and found a couple more of the same dolls, preventing that thing from coming down.

But, Reggie had never seen these before. His father never told him about these, but then again, his father had been rather frugal when it came to information regarding the supernatural. It was then that he heard a whimper.

He turned his head and saw a young girl - about nine - with disheveled brown hair and shining blue eyes, curled up in the arms of a woman. Alongside her was a man, back slumped against the wall, bright blue eyes barely open and his hair a dark brown. A woman who held the young girl had disheveled black hair with brown eyes. Their skin and clothes looked scuffed.

Reggie’s eyes widened when he realized who he was seeing. “Annie? Uncle? Aunt?”

The girl’s lip trembled and she nodded. “Yeah?”

The mother’s arms wrapped around her daughter tighter, giving Reggie a wary look. “You aren’t something else, are you?” Her voice sounded raspy.

Reggie shook his head. “I came because my dad told me he sensed something wrong with Annie, and then rode off on his Zebstrika as he had other stuff to do. He told me this was good practice, but I guessed it’s a bit more than that.” He then looked down at the strange doll. “Dad never told me about this… This something you made, uncle?”

The man groaned and nodded, his weak voice croaking. “Yes… I followed the general instructions of creating a warding doll, combining the drawing of both the spiritual part of the Spell Tag’s drawing and the warding part of the Cleanse Tag’s drawing to ward off Ghost-types and spirits specifically… It’s something passed down through our family for a long time now.” He coughed, and the sound that came from him made Reggie wince. Rough, coarse. “It’s made similarly like a Darumaka Doll, and in fact our ancestors made spirit-warding Darumaka Dolls for some time now, but the practice has diminished.” He then gave a wry smile. “Maybe when this is over, I can teach you.”

Reggie’s eyes lit up, but his smile was a little less enthusiastic. “That’s really cool and all, but if you had these all over the house, how did it get inside?”

The girl piped up, voice terrified. “I let it in…”

Both the parents looked at her, surprise etched on their faces. “What?” Her mother spoke, voice in shock.

“It said it was a friend and we played outside sometimes. And when I asked if I could bring my friend over, you said it was okay… So I brought it in…” Tears silently fell down her face, no doubt blaming herself.

Reggie’s gaze lowered as he sighed. “Did it look human? Did you see what it truly was?”

Annie sniffled. “It always looked human, but it would sometimes have this green and purple mist stuff around it.”

Reggie tapped his chin, trying to think of any Ghost-Type Pokémon with that type of multicolored mist. He shook his head, mind frazzled right now. “Okay, I’ll figure out what it is, and I’ll get rid of it for good.” He said confidently, carefully standing up as his body ached. “Shadow Ball just made it angry, so we’ll just have to use a couple different attacks to weaken it.”

“Good luck.” Annie said shakily, eyes filled with hope now that bolstered Reggie’s determination to do this.

Standing up, Reggie placed the doll in his breast pocket and ran up the stairs. “Alright, you demon, come on out-... Huh?” He looked around, and aside from the items that were strewn about in Reggie’s attempts to get away, it was as if it wasn’t even here. Reggie couldn’t even sense it.

A thumping came from upstairs, Reggie’s legs moving on their own as they took him upstairs in a flurry. He fumbled his way through the upstairs hallway, looking through the different rooms before his ear catching the unmistakable sound of a taut rope creaking. He charged into Annie’s bedroom, and froze. His blood ran cold as he saw the body of his cousin, dangling on a rope in the middle of her room. Chanting arose from around the room, singing some sort of diabolical song. “She killed herself~! She killed herself~! Stupid girl shouldn’t trust strangers, not even her own peers~!” Reggie panicked, trying to find something around the hallway outside of the bedroom to cut the body down. The chanting followed him, echoing in his ears.

“Who will she hurt next? Can’t even trust herself, can’t even trust her peers, who can she trust? Her parents will hate her, distant family shun her, she will become her own worst enemy~!”

Reggie gritted his teeth as he realized - belatedly - that the body wasn’t her. He almost fell for its tricks, he was just talking to her. He shook his head and ran back inside the bedroom, Annie’s body still hanging there as the chanting had its crescendo.

“Can’t even trust herself, she might as well die~! Take her parents with her too, don’t let them suffer that she died~!”

“SHUT UP!” He yelled out, the chanting ceased. Reggie didn’t think it would work. That was, until Annie’s head moved, neck snapping with a sickening crunch. Her eyes were a purple-green, that purple-green mist surrounding her. The rope snapped, her body suddenly hitting the floor like a mangled piece of meat. Something fell with her before rolling under her body, trying to conceal itself. It lunged at Reggie, but as its sickening claws hit his chest, it suddenly screeched in agony, holding its burning hand as the young man can feel his breast pocket get warm from the Darumaka Doll.

Reggie sighed as he realized the obvious answer. “Well, hello there, Spiritomb. Dazzling Gleam!”

Emeric popped out of his shadow and made a blast of sparkling light, the body letting out an unholy scream. As the light dissipated, the body melted into goop as the Spiritomb’s real form took shape, the amorphous purple-green mist emanating from the stone that tried to hide under the body.

Reggie’s lip curled. “Filth like you should be eradicated. But, I’m pretty sure my dad has an answer for a depraved amalgamate such as yourself.” With that, Emeric made another blast of fairy light, and Reggie threw a Pokéball at the thing, the burning light disrupting its Shadow Ball before being sucked into a Pokéball. The creature wiggled its best, but couldn’t escape the device’s clutches. With a satisfied sigh, Reggie shook his head and grabbed the ball, and then set it inside of a dome. It looked like a Ball Capsule for creating exit effects for Pokémon, but this particular one allowed him to lock it.

With a sick feeling of bile rising in his throat, he quickly went downstairs, set the Darumaka Doll back on the basement door, and ran downstairs. “Hey, guys. Guess what?” He held a tired smile, but the look of relief and utter joy on the suffering family’s faces were all that he needed as he held up the locked Pokéball. Annie cried as she suddenly ran into Reggie, hugging him tightly. Reggie held her close, petting her hair. “I will need to help clean up the mess around here, but we need to call an ambulance. We need to get you three checked for any injuries.”

“What about you?” The mother asked as she tried to help her husband up.

Reggie simply shook his head. “I’ll be fine. I can’t dilly-dally though, I need to take this Spiritomb with me.”

The uncle and aunt froze once the identity of the Pokémon was revealed. Annie was oblivious. “What’s a Spirit-oom?”

Reggie chuckled. “A type of Pokémon that is usually pretty bad when not trained. You’ll learn about it later, okay?” With a pat of her head, he was about to leave before pausing. “Hey, did any of you guys hear anything from up there?”

All three shook their heads, with Reggie giving a sigh of relief. “Good.”

An ambulance came and took the three to the hospital. Meanwhile, Reggie went around cleaning up the house, throwing things away and making a list of things to replace. The teacup flew out from under the cabinet and landed on the table next to his paper. Raising an eyebrow, Reggie smirked as he pulled out a Dusk Ball. “You seem willing to join. D’you wanna?” The Sinistea seemed hesitant, but Reggie could also sense its sense of safety. He pet the purple blob as it peeked out, chuckling as it hugged his finger with an adorable smile.

“How about coming with me back home? Just try not to make my parents drink you. They don’t tolerate pranks like that.” The Sinistea looked up at Reggie with a puffy-faced pout before grabbing the lip of the teacup and flying it right into Reggie’s bag. He chuckled, finishing up the list of items he needed to buy for his cousin’s family and then left to see his father.

~~~~~~~~

“Hey, sport.” Reggie’s father greeted him at their house, smiling as he approached his son and gave him a bear hug. “How was it?”

Reggie sighed, relaxing in his father’s hug. “Well… To make a long story short, Annie and her parents were stuck in the basement of their home because she accidentally let in a Spiritomb, thinking it was her friend. It said some pretty horrendous things…” He shuddered, getting a sympathetic squeeze from his father.

“Yeah, they’re the worst. Having the minds of a hundred and eight criminals from bygone eras makes the job ten times harder. You have to either have a mind of steel or be so traumatized from it all that you get used to it.”

Reggie scrunched his face up at the thought. “Eugh… How long did it take you to get used to it?” He looked up at him, his father looking up briefly.

“Well… Let’s just say there’s still room for improvement, but I’ve seen quite a bit. I’d say it took me twenty years.”

Reggie made another scrunched up face, making his father laugh.

“Well, hopefully things don’t get too bad for you in the future. It’s probably going to be hard for this job to top what you saw, but I’m glad you powered through. Get some rest before going back to do what you need to. Oh, and we’ll keep that Sinistea and Spiritomb for you. We need to send that Spiritomb to the authorities anyway, see if it needs to be destroyed or put away somewhere.”

Reggie nodded along, then he got an idea. “Hey, mind if I train my Pokémon here for a bit?”

“Sure thing, kiddo. Just try not to break any windows.” A lighthearted laugh and a back pat later, and his father retreated inside the house, where Reggie went about trying to distract himself from the day’s events with training his Pokémon and getting to know them before leaving first thing in the morning on June 5th.

Two days after the mission, Reggie found himself on Mikan Island during the morning. He had trained his Pokémon for a couple days, rested, and then flew back to the archipelago once the morning hit.

His first objective, get his Basculin to evolve, and he got some confirmation that it required Legion to suffer some recoil damage before winning a fight. Fainting will reset progress, but it doesn’t have to be from the same battle and he can heal afterwards. He managed to sucker his mom into buying him a TR for Take Down, so he can easily have Legion learn the move early. He was maybe a bit impatient.

He let Basculin get the hang of using Take Down a couple days ago, so that meant they were already pretty close after healing.

After a nice breakfast he made for himself and his seven Pokémon (his Munna being an accessory Pokémon to aid in his psychic and empathy training), he went about finding Pokémon to train against. Walking around on the beach, Reggie found several Pokémon to fight against. With each fight, he had Legion use Take Down a handful of times against a Krabby, Seel, and a Horsea before he was finally bathed in evolutionary glow.

Before him was a large Pokémon, a long fish white fins, and red spots, mustache, eyebrows, and a red curling… was that even a part of his body?

Reggie jumped up in happiness as he hugged and helped care for his Basculegion, congratulating him. It was then that he realized how late it was.

It wasn’t horrible to train how to ride it, considering he remembered the gym leader here surfed on her Blastoise, so that’s what he did: He rode around on Legion, whooping about as he had his Frillish sit in front of him and fire a Water Gun at discs his Munna shot into the air, the pink tapir floating just behind them.

They had everything set up, until the night…

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 95,044)
Pokemon Park, Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)
Interactions:
ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101 (Briar) & Sir Mayday Sir Mayday (Floric)
To say that the performance that Floric and his Masquerain was impressive were an understatement, Adrianne and Briar had been lucky enough to catch the action and the movements and presentation and style were, well, incredible! "W-wow! I didn't get to make it for Reggie's full performance but that was amazing!" Adrianne said with full flattery to Floric.

The judges seemed to agree.

"A-azu!" ("W-wow amazing!") Aqua the Azurill seemed to hop up on its tail over. "Star!" ("Top tier stuff well done!") Aster the Staryu cried out with its not too expressive face, but its tone suggested it was happy. Ace the Spearow even seemed impressed but tried to downplay it. "Spear...Spearow." ("It was okay I mean...I guess.") Ace muttered before a bump from Aster caused it to roll its eyes. "Spearow." (Fine it was pretty good.")

However the mood changed when Reggie seemed to get a call from his dad and seemed to imply his journey with them was over. What!? No! He was her first companion and to leave so soon? Adrianne was not sure how to take it but those selfish concerns were buried by the worry she had for Reggie as he seemed to express his enjoyment on this venture. "H-hey be careful! I hope you are okay Reggie and I..." Adrianne began to say but as she got her words out, Reggie already said his goodbye and seemed to leave as it was visibly clear Adrianne was heartbroken.

She...she didn't even get a chance to really say goodbye.​

Adrianne seemed to feel some tears well up, course more than anything she wished Reggie the best but it still hurt to see her oldest friend on this journey leave so soon. Felt like she was cheated of getting to know him better, but as her Pokemon yes even Ace came up to support her and Briar's words got her attention she worked to quickly wipe those tears as she tried to mask the sadness.

"I-I think maybe getting some gifts here could be on the agenda and then we can prepare for tomorrow." Adrianne said to Briar as she glanced over to Floric as she seemed to pause a bit. "H-hey, if you want to travel with us we're not exactly shy with company, but it is up to you. Plan to explore the islands and get myself a ticket to the Orange League." Adrianne said as she made her desire clear for Floric.

Though in the back of her mind, she had a new promise in mind. She would see Reggie again, no way could she just let this be the end of things. Once she finished up business here, she would check up as she hoped things worked out for him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back